Rule #1: Always post the rules.
Rule #2: Answer the 11 questions the person who tagged you wrote, then write 11 new ones.
Rule #3: Tag 11 new people.
I was tagged by the lovely duo over at theawkwardterrier. Thanks, guys!
- If you could bring one DVD box set to a desert island, what would it be? Oh, it would be Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Easy question. Next!
- If you could acquire the talents of another human being for a week, what talent would you take from who, and what would you do with it? Um… I think I would probably adopt Reza Aslan’s ability to write about religion in a way that is very unique and appealing and thin I would try to write as much of my MA thesis as possible in that week.
- What is the best thing that happened to you this week? I had a rough week, truth be told. The best thing was probably the pot of hot and sour soup I made for myself on Thursday night.
- Do you tend to bottle things up, or let things out? Let them out, baby. I find that I feel much better whe I can talk to people, work out my problems with them, and express my frustration out loud. When I don’t, I tend to get confused and doubt my own opinions and emotional reactions to things. I’ve been working on trying to regulate my emotional responses– to allow myself to be angry or sad when something genuinely upsets me, and to let it go when I find myself irritated by something I can’t change.
- If you could invent one thing, regardless of physical/natural laws, what would it be? An app that could tell you who of your friends was available to hang out. So you wouldn’t ask people if they’re free and then have them unable to go out for drinks or a movie or whatever.
- Where is your favorite picture of yourself from, and why is it your favorite? My favorite picture of myself is actually my tumblr icon right now.It was a photo from my senior portrait session in high school, and for some reason I look completely deranged. Why am I raising a quizzical brow? Am I smiling? What photographer decided that this photo was one of the best ones I took? My mom wouldn’t let me use this as my actual yearbook photo, so I only have the sample copy. I also have red hair in the photo, due to a bad run in with a box of black hair dye and and an aggressive color correction.
- You get out of work/school early one Wednesday. Describe what you do with your bit of extra free time. Wander around Boston. Buy a good cup of coffee to sip while I wander/window shop.
- If you could have any pet in the world, what would you get? A Russian Blue kitten. I would name her Empress Kitty the Great.
- What is your favorite beverage? Raspberry seltzer from Flour cafe. Or a good gin and tonic.
- Describe your ideal sleeping conditions. Honestly? I’m just happy when it’s cold enough in my room for me to snuggle up under all of the blankets I own.
- What was your favorite childhood object? My camp blanket. My mom bought it for me when I was only 9, and it’s just a ratty old hospital blanket (that has literally never been washed… ever). But I love it, and I even had my mother mail it to me when I left home for college. I still sleep with it, and I’m 23!
Here are my questions:
What is your least favorite color, and why? If you could become a blimp driver, would you? If your hands and feet were replaced with a never ending supply of one food item, which food item would it be? If you had $100,000 to spend in one day, how would you spend it? Describe your most enjoyable romantic encounter. Pick one: tuna or salmon. If you could pack your bags and go on a month-long vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go? Do you believe in a higher power? Have you ever cheated on a test? If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would you choose? If you were given only a day left to live, who would you want to spend it with?