30 day manga challenge
Day 13 - The most epic scene ever: Every fight scene in Code Breaker (I’m cheating because I dont remember all the fight scenes) SPOILER ALERT. SKIP TO SUMMARY
There are many scenes I could’ve used from code breaker to represent the most epic scene, but I honestly couldnt remember. I finished the series a couple of months ago and could only think about the seven deadly sins and Ogami’s flames. I could’ve chose Attack on Titan or One Punch man, but I felt that this manga deserves more credit and I wanted to introduce more people to it.
Satan’s Blaze ( Blue Flame)
- True Form: A Hulking figure of Blue Flame
- Sin: Wrath
- Description: A flame spirit of hell, which burns both the body and the heart. It will create illusions/fire spirits of those that have been killed, and cause the enemy to break down physically, mentally and soul consumed.
- Abilities: To create, manipulate and generate blue flames that can not be extinguished. (With the possbile exception of Rare Kinds)
- Special Techniques:
- Burn away: He creates intensely hot blue flame that surrounds and burn the enemy.
- Flame of Rebuke: The user is able to create the flame when it comes into contact with the intended target. However,it doesn’t kill them. It is rather a form atonement/punishment to prevent them from committing anymore crimes in the future at the risk of their lives.
- Price: Ogami’s Sense of taste
Belphegor (Black Flame)
- True Form: A Skeleton robed in black flame with a crown on top
- Sin: Sloth
- Description: The Black flame of the Netherworld
- Abilities: To erase powers that have been tainted by sin.
- Special Technique: robes the user in black flame in the form of a cloak.
- Price: Yuuki’s Sound
Mammon (Blue+Yellow Flames intermixing to form Green Flame)
- True Form: Two skeleton birds with mini crowns on top, one bathed in blue flame, the other in yellow flame.
- Sin: Greed
- Description: Dichromatic Twin Flares of the Netherworld, Mammon- blue which is “hot” and the other yellow which is cold which makes green brilliant.
- Abilities: The blue sword create heat, together with the yellow sword that create cold, the air pressure created by using them can create a heated whirlwind.
- Special Technique: Able to change into a pair of flame sabers, in which, when attacking, one flame attacks the bottom while the other attacks the top.
- Price: Ogami saving the life of Code: Emperor
Beelzebub (Colorless Flame)
- Initial Form: A black fly
- True Form: A Skeleton Angel with wings of flame
- Sin: Gluttony
- Description: Achromatic Catharsis Flame of Purgatory, Beelzebub
- Abilities: Extremetly hot invisible fire which falls down in the form of rain, burning anything in its path
- Special Technique: Fuses with Rei and creates an armor of flame that can not be seen.
- Price: Ogami’s heart will be consumed upon his death.
Leviathan (Silver Flame)
- Initial Form: A fiery snake
- True Form: An ice dragon made of freezing flame
- Sin: Envy
- Description: Argenteous Phantom Flame of Hades, Leviathan
- Abilities: The silver flame which severs all matter
- Special Technique: Manipulates heat by absorbing the heat in an area to freeze the enemy.
- Price: Envy from Ogami’s enemies
Asmodeus (Several Different colors Flame)
- Initial Form: A black skull dragon
- True Form: A big breasted demon lady
- Sin: Lust
- Description: Irisdescent Explosive Flame of Hell, Asmodeus
- Abilities: Chemically reacts with alloy in the surrounding area to create an explosion.
- Special Technique: Create a lustful illusion that seal away the soul
- Price: Ogami’s sense of smell
Lucifer (Blue flame)
- Initial Form: A fiery horned-skeleton cloaked in fire
- True Form: Eternal Blue Flame in his palm
- Sin: Pride
- Description: A Blue flame that looks like an upgraded version of Satan’s Blaze
- Abilities: Can until all seven flames for a stronger power
- Special Technique: Burns away “nothingness”
- Price: Memories Source: Wiki
Sakurakouji Sakura is a girl who appears modest and graceful but in reality is skilled in martial arts. After witnessing a boy burning people with his blue flame, she is startled to see that the same boy is a transfer student, Oogami Rei. Oogami is a Code Breaker, one who “does not exist”. He is a seemingly cold-blooded killer who follows the principle of “an eye for an eye”, to “use evil against evil”. Convinced that killing is not right, Sakurakouji sets out to stop him and penetrate his icy heart. Source: MangaFox
Genre: Action, Comedy, Drama, Mystery, Romance, School Life, Shounen, Supernatural
Although there is romance associated with this manga, it is not the core focus of it. The relationships between the characters do develop, but it is more focused on the action and mystery aspect. Because the series was quite long, it was so nice getting to see how the individual characters change and develop. There were so many characters introduced with their own unique perks that cause you to love all of them. Plus the suspense, art, and lost forms of all the characters are amazing. The relationship between Sakura and Ogami is ADORBS. It was also nice seeing how Ogami changed because of Sakura. Ogami seemed really thickheaded in the beginning about his ways and he was quite cold to all his classmates, but i think Sakura helped him open up to people. The only downside to this manga I would have to say is that they kind of beat around the bush. SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Like in the beginning we were introduced to Eden and we knew it was suspicious, but no we have to introduce a bunch of other characters, like Yukihina, and Bento-kun and everyone else as the protagonist when Eden (or the president) was behind all of this in the beginning. LIKE WHY. But still. Meeting all these characters who were enemies at first and then developed into friends was still nice. AND OGAMI’S FEELINGS FOR SAKURA OMG. My heart. The suspense of this manga was on point.
Check out this manga!