I don’t know Britney Spears the pop icon. And she doesn’t know Justin Timberlake, that guy from ‘NSync. That’s not the way we look at each other. You could take all this away and I’d still have her. That’s what matters in life.
20 Thoughts I Had While Watching "The New Edition Story"
1. The black kid from Stranger Things is shooting his shot. We should all take notes.
2. Why does young Bobby Brown look so much like actual Bobby Brown?
3. Somewhere in the early 2000’s, a young Chris Brown said to himself that his gift to the world would be to continue the destructive legacy of Bobby Brown.
4. I wonder what the budget for wave caps was for this film…
5. The casting director for this movie basically walked into the studio where they film empire and yelled “WHO’S BUSY?!”
6. There’s definitely a school in America for black shady music managers that was founded by the first manager of new edition and is currently being led L.A. Reid.
7. Does anything else come on BET besides Being Mary Jane?
8. There are some severe plot holes in this montage of the early years, (the first of many montages I’m assuming) but I’ll accept it for the culture.
9. You know, Faizon Love is so underappreciated….
10. I think we all could have done without the outfits with the tassles…
11. I’m inclined to believe that Bobby Brown was born scheming.
12. WHO TRAINED THESE FAST LIL CHILDREN?!
13. Candy Girl is to black people as the Friends theme song is to white people. I’m sure of it.
14. Have we really relegated Yvette Nicole Brown to playing “mom #3” in this movie?
15. $500 and a BMX machine? The 80s were weird man…
16. So child labor laws were nonexistent during the Candy Girl tour, huh?
17. How many more acting roles are we gonna give La La Anthony before we just say “Alright, enough girl”.
18. I feel like there’s a think piece on record companies taking advantage of black inner city youth just waiting to stem from this movie…
19. If Bobby Brown is the Justin Timberlake of New Edition, does that make Ralph the JC?
20. Wait…this is a mini series?
I don’t wanna lose you now I’m lookin’ right at the other half of me The vacancy that sat in my heart Is a space that now you hold Show me how to fight for now And I’ll tell you, baby, it was easy Comin’ back here to you once I figured it out You were right here all along