I’m a huge fan of all of maruti-bitamin‘s paintings, and to get back into doing color work again I made a little study of this piece of hers but in my own drawing style. Sometimes I find it helpful to explore how other artists far better than me have solved artistic problems, just to play and test things out. I use watered down gouache instead of true watercolor though, so hers was a hard technique to emulate and mine looks nothing like the original (which is gorgeous!) but that’s okay. :) This was just to play around.
Anyway, I hope you don’t mind me copying one of your pictures, maruti-bitamin! I just love your work! And for everyone else, if you’re not familiar with her art, do yourself a favor and click her name. You won’t be disappointed!
LadyKay, do you know any good tips on how to choose a specialty? I've searched through the internet and it's either quizzes/tests or vague self-assesment. I've used these tools but I still don't know what to choose. :(
I don’t believe in those tests or flow charts.
The biggest thing is to just figure out what it is that makes you happy! I think there are a couple ways to do this.
Answer the following questions as you work in a specialty as a med student.
1) Could I do the worst part of this specialty every day for the rest of my life?
2) Could I go WITHOUT the best part of this specialty every day for the rest of my life if I picked something else?
3) Do I work well with the other people in this specialty? Do I see some characteristics of myself in them?
4) Is this fulfilling? Is it challenging?
5) Am I good at it?
6) If I do this every day for 50 years will I get bored of it?
7) How do I feel at the end of the day? Tired? Proud? Or just dying to leave work?
8) Does this specialty fit into the other things I want in my life? (Family, hobbies, etc)
9) Do I like to go home and read about things I saw in my patients during this specialty, or was I not interested?
10) AM I HAPPY?
I think if you go through and answer each of those questions in every specialty you’ll see what you want to do.
I know for me, I would be incredibly unhappy if I had to go into a specialty where I never got to be in an OR again. I would miss it too much!
Alpha had picked up on some time abnormalities. While there were many people who decided to time travel, he had to be the one to make sure nothing went wrong when it happened. This one wasn’t to bad, just a person being out of place a little too much for his superiors liking. So, he had to be the one to find them and stop them, at least from jumping far too much. When he did find the culprit, he just stared at the girl, remembering that she had helped him fight alongside him against Feida.