Sirius & His Tattoos Part 1
I’ve always had this headcanon that every tattoo Sirius gets has meaning behind it, he isn’t one of those people who just goes and gets a tattoo randomly.
• The first ever tattoo he gets is for Remus; on his ribcage is a moon and as the days pass, the tattoo changes, eventually turning into a full moon. He got this tattoo to help him keep a count during the holidays when he’s stuck with his family.
• The second is for Peter and James; this one comes slightly after they figure out their Animagus forms, he gets a set of pawprints for each boy, Peter’s is on his left bicep, James is close to his heart, and when they change the pawprints move, kind of like the marauders map.
• During their 7th year, Sirius gets a tattoo of the star constellation Alpha Leonis, in honour of Regulus, he still sees someone brave and good underneath and despite what everyone must think he still loves him dearly.
• Shortly after he starts dating Remus he gets his initials tattoo on his right hip; marriage for a werewolf/same sex couple is nearly impossible and he figured this was the closest thing he was could do.
• A few months after Harry is born, he gets a fawn on his wrist, it grows along with Harry until eventually becoming a strong deer like his dad.
• After many long years in Azkaban, Sirius decides that he needs one finally tattoo, as a short of reminder, right over his heart he gets a deer and a doe with the date Lily and James died underneath and the words Mischief Managed.