Why living in the provinces compared to the cities is great:
- Fresh air! You can go anywhere and breathe deeply and not smell vehicular smoke in your lungs.
- Cheaper commodities. Like a lot cheaper. 100 is more than enough for one day.
- Just the silence. No buzzing of cars. No traffic noises. Not much construction sounds. Just pure silence. Which is good for the heart and mind
- The cultural feel. You get to interact with the locals and hear the language spoken in all its essence. Everytime uuwi ako ng bohol, hearing the accent is one of the thing I look forward the most.
- Good food! So many choices from small time diners. You can go a week without having the need to eat fastfood!
- No early morning rush kasi mabagal ang oras! Nightlife starts at 5 pm and ends with 9 latest so madami ka pang time magpahinga sa gabi.
- Have I told you about the authentic food???
- For some reason, not much stress. You do not feel like a corporate slave when you are in the provinces. You feel relaxed.
- Everything is a cause for celebration! Mala-Fiesta talaga! In the NCR, you have to actually succeed BIGTIME to celebrate. No more appreciation for the small stuff.
- How about the people there? They smile a lot more, more trusting, more hospitable, than those in the cities.
- Much less traffic
- Walang nightlife like city night life pero you know what??? You get more rest! which is actually better for our mental health and holistic wellness. What a concept.
- People know everybody. No one is a stranger! You are always identified as the “pamangkin ni kwan” or even ay “ig agaw ta” (meaning kamaganak) though that person lives two to three barrios away from you.
So friends tara balik na tayo sa provinces where life is simpler hahaha…