Headcanons for the Modern College AU
I know I’ve joked about this a lot, but I do actually think this AU has a lot of potential and I’ve actually got some real headcanons for it in the events it became a real AU. Some you may’ve heard me talk about before, and some of them you may not have.
- In high school, Moana and Maui were what can only be described as “attached at the hip” best friends. Even with contradicting schedules, they were somehow always spotted together.
- They won the Senior Suprelative for “Best Friends Boy/Girl”
- They met freshman year when Moana signed up for a tutoring program for a class she was struggling in. She just happened to be assigned to Maui, and they clicked instantly.
- When Maui claims his goal is to befriend everyone in the class, he means everyone in the class. He’s the most sociable guy you’ll ever meet.
- Maui’s always loved the idea of helping people. That’s why he tutors, and later decides to major in Education once he gets to college.
- Throughout her senior year of highschool, Moana struggled between deciding to major in Marine Bio or Apia studies. At the end of the year, though, after a good long talk with her grandmother about it, she decided to major in both, because she loved both topics equally.
- In his free time, Maui likes to participate in musical theater. He’s always been loud and exuberant, so he tried it out figuring it’d fit him well. He loves it.
- He also likes going to the campus gym and working out when he can.
- Moana, not unlike her counterpart in the movie, loves the water. She swims, often uses her free weekends for trips to the beach, and loves to go out sailing.
- Maui is the kid who either goes an entire week without sleeping or sleeps for an entire week straight. There’s no in-between for him.
- “I heard Maui once blended Red Bull and Five Hour together and poured it into his coffee maker as a replacement for water. I hear he didn’t sleep for a month and a half straight after that”
- Because Maui is Tangaroa’s adopted son, Maui, in the case that he ever ended up in his class, would slip up and call him Dad in class all the time. Tangaroa probably thinks nothing of it, but it would embarass Maui to no end.
- Because Moana’s so close to Maui, she knows Tangaroa personally as well. After the first day of class ended she took a picture with him and sent it to Maui because you’ll never believe who my Intro to Marine Bio professor is.
- They probably bond over sharing the same first name.
- Senior year of high school after they both got their acceptance letters to the same college, Moana and Maui half-jokingly talked about renting an appartment and living together for their junior and senior year of college.
- They do end up living in that apartment together juior and senior year