It’s not just trends. It’s love.
- Today is Juneteenth, but a somber one after the events in Charleston.
- Tupac (who is alive) celebrated his 44th birthday in Cuba (where he definitely is—alive).
- Paul McCartney turned 73 but he only wrote that one song about getting old, so…
- The Chicago Blackhawks are hosing out the guac that LA left in the Stanley Cup.
- Mixed reactions to Rachel Dolezal—anger, outrage, confusion, derision, sarcasm, snark… memes.
- Professional bender Aliya Mustafina took gold at the first ever European Games, Baku 2015.
- The Pope called the planet “an immense pile of filth” in his encyclical on climate change.
- Phineas and Ferb finally went back to school.
- Steven Universe became one with a rock.
- Zootopia is a film about animals with human problems.
- Jurassic World is a film about humans with an animal problem.
- And The Secret Life of Pets is a film about a bunch of problem animals.
Also, a Fanfic Trend Challenge for our writerly readers:
- This season of Orange is the New Black introduced the Time Hump Chronicles, an “erotically inclined” novel by Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren. Your job is to envision Sophie Hunter as Edwina and Benedict Cumberbatch as Space Admiral Rodcocker. Involve the cumberbaby. Go. And tag your story #OITNBaby.
And check out two of the week’s most popular blogs:
- Camp by Camp (campbycamp): Sponsored camping.
- Mark Stewart Photography (markstewartphotographyltd): Royal hat photographer.