On June 3rd, I’ll be hosting a Lalafell meetup event from 3 - 7 PM EST. The event will take place in Eastern La Noscea at the Hidden Springs just north of Costa del Sol.
There used to be lalafell meetup events hosted, but they seem to have come to a halt and I haven’t seen another one posted in a long while… so here I am trying to revive that… especially since it was one of the ways I met some of the folks I talk to now.
Depending on how popular the event is, I might host another one and maybe make it a weekly or bi-weekly thing. It really depends on how many people show up and if it’s in high demand or not.
Oh, and I feel I should mention: it’s for Balmung. Not sure if that was obvious already or not.
Sorry for the er… basic, not-flashy event posting. Being both a first timer event as well as being the first of this kind of RP, I don’t really know how I’d go about making pictures or anything for it. So there you have it, my official plain ‘lookit, an event!’ post.
June 3rd – mark your calendars folks, because that’s the day you’ll be able to pre-order your copy of the new edition of Warhammer 40,000. You’ll then be among the first to get your hands on it come release day on June 17th.
Glacier Ice Arena (x)posted a collage on Instagram with the following caption:
Only 12 days left until our ice show! Purchase your tickets online at glacierskate.com, and be prepared to be amazed by silver-medalist Shoma Uno 🙌💕⛸ #iceicebaby #iceshow #shomauno #12daysandcounting #weloveglacier
They’ve also announced in the comment section that they will post some clips of the show.
So, the m!a is just about to come to a close. I didn’t expect it to be so drawn out, but I’m honestly quite proud of the effort I put into it thus far. I want to thank all the people who sent in asks for the m!a and helped it become the exciting adventure it was (special thanks to the anon who sent in the m!a in the first place). The next two updates are gonna conclude the m!a. I hope to finish the first one before June 3rd (the day I graduate hs), and the second one before June 12th (Day 1 of Gerfra week).
After Gerfra week concludes, I am going to be in Florida for a week so I may not post much. If all goes well, I can try to get the updates posted ahead of schedule so I could answer a couple of regular asks and get Gerfra week set up. (I’ll post more info about the week when it draws nearer over at @gerfraweek).
On a final note, your support means everything to me and inspires me to keep running this blog; thank you so much! 💖
On June 3rd 2017, a pool party will be taking place in Orlando, Florida in celebration of summer finally reaching us! We encourage you to grab your swimming costumes, your sun screen and join us for a full day of fun as wrestlers and professional workers (OC’s) from all companies such as WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW, etc get together at this unforgettable event!
ALSO: We will be running a competition for the best dressed male and female of the day so this is the perfect opportunity to get creative and show us your best swimwear!
Food and drink will be provided on the day and guests are welcome to arrive anytime after 2pm and are welcome to party on into the night, to whatever time you deem nessecary!
( We really hope everyone will be excited to get involved in this event and it’s the perfect opportunity to have your characters meet and talk to other people in the group they perhaps haven’t had time to talk to yet!
To keep track of the writings/photos on this day, please use ‘bg: pool party’ as your tag! )
can you make a checklist on how to get into the gorillaz?? It seems like there is a lot out there and its hard to follow when i'm getting into it late.. thank you!!
Sure!!! I personally got into them by watching their G-bitez and music videos and it all kinda spiraled from there.
The band itself was made by Damon Albarn (Lead singer of Blur, does vocals and writes lyrics for Gorillaz) and Jamie Hewlett (Co-creator of the comic book “Tank Girl”, draws and animates for Gorillaz) after they were both watching MTV and they were like “hey music today sucks you know what’d be cool?? if we made an animated band” “cool we could call it ‘gorilla’ because we were both born on the year of the monkey!!!” sadly animal planet had already copyrighted “gorilla” so they just added a z to the end of it to make it cooler.
Something to know about Gorillaz is that they have “phases”. Phase 1 was in 2001, when they released their albums “Gorillaz”, “G-Sides” and “Laika come home”. Phase 1′s art style was cartoonish and used very thick lineart. Phase 2 was in 2005, when they released “Demon Days” and “D-sides”. Phase 2′s art style was a bit dark and looked more realistic. Phase 3 was in 2010, when they released the albums “Plastic Beach” and “The Fall” in 2011. Phase 3′s art style was almost the same as phase 2′s. Then we have Phase 4 in 2017, their new album “Humanz” is coming out April 28th. It’s art style is the one that stands out the most to me, you can find most of the art on Jamie Hewlett’s Instragram (Hewll)
Alright, a big part of me getting into the fandom was my love fore the characters. I’m assuming you’re not a fan yet, so let me introduce them to you (i’m going to use powerpoints to explain each member if u don’t mind):
This lovely lad here is Murdoc Faust Niccals.
- He’s the band’s leader/bassist, and he makes sure EVERYONE knows that’s it’s his band and only his. - He went through multiple other bands before he formed Gorillaz. - He was born on June 6th, 1966 in Stoke-on-Trent, England. As an infant he was abandoned on his father’s doorstep. - Had a very rough childhood, his father, Sebastian Niccals, would force him to preform on stage for booze money and it was absolutely humiliating for him. - His nose has been broken a of total 8 times. The first time was from a bully at his school, the 2nd time was from his older (and only) brother, Hannibal, because Murdoc had touched his records and the other 6 times were from Russel when he got caught “doing it” with 2D’s now ex-girlfriend in the bathroom stalls of Kong Studios
- His middle name was originally “Alphonse” but he changed it to “Faust” after making a deal with the Devil in phase 1 to make Gorillaz the “biggest band in the world”. That’s also how he got his bass, “El Diablo”.
- did i mention he was a satanist bc he is - He hangs around in his underwear a lot (especially in phase 2) - He likes to either get naked or start pelvic thrusting in like every video, so be careful, young anon. - He’s very crude but sometimes he can be very nice and adorable in some interviews ??? It’s so weird - He likes making weird noises, like, a lot. - Apparently can speak French and Spanish - His reason for turning green all of the sudden in phase 2 is either because of alcohol poisoning or due to him tanning himself green. Jamie himself said that it’s because he’s an immortalist and his skin is now rotting but I’m not sure how true it is. - He had a pet raven in phase 2!!! His name was Cortez and no one really knows what happened to him but Murdoc seemed to love that bird. - He also had a cape in phase 2 that he loved and wore like all the time but he lost it. Poor baby. - He was based off of a young 1960′s era KeithRichards. - He has a tongue longer than Gene Simmons’ and I’m not even kidding. His tongue is like a foot long - His genuine laugh can cure cancer - He had his own MTV cribs episode - Here’s a playlist of every interview he’s been in if you’d like to know a bit more about how he acts. - All of this sounds horrible but like half of the fandom sees him as charming and funny and the other half sees him as repulsive and downright mean so i guess listen to some of his interviews and make your decision (i’m part of the half that loves him)
This is 2D!!
- He’s the band’s singer, sometimes he plays the piano and melodica too. - He’s anxious and a bit timid around people. He’s not that intelligent, but he’s an absolute sweetheart to pretty much everyone. He’s … a huge dork. - He was born on May 23rd, 1978.
He was born in Hertfordshire, England and was raised in Crawley, England. When he was 10 he fell out of a tree and landed on his head, his hair fell out and grew back blue. He’s had horrible headaches since then, but his mother was a nurse and gave pills to help him out. - His real name is Stuart Pot - He loves horror films!!! Especially zombie movies. - Apparently he smells like butterscotch - He’s VERY tall. he’s like 6′1 and his legs make up most of his body. He towers over the rest of the band. - His voice actor is Nelson De Freitas, but Damon Albarn provides his singing voice - The lack of his two front teeth gives him an adorable accent - He has a crippling fear of whales - His eyes are black due to an 8-ball fracture that Murdoc gave him before the band was made when he crashed his car into the music store 2D worked at. - His eyes turn white when he’s stressed or scared. - His nickname “2D” stands for “Two Dents”. He’s called that because Murdoc’s car crash also gave him two dents in his head. - Murdoc is seen physically abusing 2D throughout phase 1-3, but there’s a very likely chance that he’s going to stop and make amends in phase 4!!! - Here’s a playlist of interviews that he’s been in
- Everybody loves him. I love him. I don’t think it’s possible not to love him.
This is Russel Hobbs!!
- He’s the band’s drummer. He makes remixes too!!! - The living embodiment of “looks like he could kill you but is actually a cinnamon roll” - Quite possibly the most underrated character in the world - He was born in Brooklyn, New York on June 3rd, 1975. He got possessed by a demon as a kid and fell into a coma for four years. After he woke up the demon got expelled tho - When he was a teen, him and his friends were involved in a drive-by shooting. Russel was the only survivor and all of his friends possessed him, but the only one we really get to see is his closest friend, Del, he raps in Clint Eastwood and Rock the House, but we haven’t seen him since phase 1. - Russel misses Del very dearly, poor lad. - After the whole shooting incident he was sent to the UK to live with his uncle. - HE SAVED 2D FROM BEING EATEN BY A WHALE. HE’S SO UNDERAPPRECIATED - He’s an actual giant in phase 3 because he ate some radioactive algae - He loves fezzes!!! - His hobby, besides music, is taxidermy. - He’s the dad friend - Here’s a playlist of interviews that he’s been in
Last but not least, this is Noodle
- She plays guitar for the band. She also sings and writes songs sometimes - Noodle is very energetic and nice but she can also kick your ass - She was born in Osaka, Japan on October 31st 1990
- She joined the band when she was around 10 but she’s like 26 now. I forgot to mention that the band ages with real time - As a kid she was a part of a classified child super solider project under the management of a japanese scientist named Mr. Kyuzo. this is where she learned how to be badass. She knew professional karate at like 10 how cool is that - All of the children in that project were deemed too unstable and dangerous, so they canceled the experiment and Mr. Kyuzo was ordered to kill all of the children (fuckin dark i know). After killing them all, Mr. Kyuzo was reluctant to kill Noodle, so instead he put her in a state of amnesia and smuggled her to the UK by shipping her to Kong Studios in a FedEx crate. - She didn’t remember anything!!! The only english thing she was able to say to say was “noodle” and that’s where she got her name. - She learned how to speak english and remembered her past in phase 2. - Murdoc, 2D and Russel raised her (mostly russel tho). Noodle considers Murdoc and 2D her brothers and Russel considers her his daughter how CUTE IS THAT - She loves Pokemon - She had a flying windmill island in phase 2 it was incredible - She had a cute radio helmet in phase 1 - She also has a robot version of herself called “Cyborg Noodle” in phase 3. It’s a long story but Cyborg might be coming back for phase 4. - The interviews that she’s in can be found here!!
The backstory is too long for me to write down, but you can find it over here! I hope i explained everything clearly- if not, or if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message!! I hope this helps you c:
We are so very happy to bring to you Kuro Week 2017! A week dedicated to our lovely dark Shiro~ This event will take place June 18th-25th with a bonus day ;B
For those of you who don’t know how Voltron weeks work: There is a prompt/theme for each day an you guys create content related to these themes and post them in the tag #kuroweek2k17 where we will reblog them onto this blog for all to see and enjoy!
Day 1 (June 18th) -
Day 2 (June 19th) - Identity/Memory
Day 3 (June 20th) - Reflection/Mirror
Day 4 (June 21th) - Betrayal/Deception
Day 5 (June 22th) - NIghtmares
Day 6 (June 23th) - Mind control
Day 7 (June 24th) - Scars/Injury
Bonus Day! (June 25th) - Free Day!
You can make your content as dark or as lighthearted as you wish, feel free to interpret the themes as you want!
However you must tag any NSFW and triggering material (blood, abuse, non/dub con, etc.) List of triggers here.
We will also be tagging the triggers as we reblog them. So feel free to talk to us about any triggers you would like to be tagged! List of triggers here.
We accept any content: art, fics, drabbles, edits, playlists, headcanons, videos, cosplay, and anything else you can whip up that is related to the themes!
AUs and ships are accepted! (Just make sure that they center around Kuro)
Tag all works as #kuroweek2k17 or tag us!
Submissions are allowed, but we strongly encourage you to post it yourself and tag it! So if anything were to happen to this blog all your work wouldn’t be lost. (Submissions will open June 3rd)
No reposts will be accepted.
And lastly no hate of any sort will be tolerated, all hate will be deleted and ignored. Just be nice jeez.
Any questions? Don’t be afraid to shoot us an ask or dm us! Its never a bother and we’d love to hear from you :D