1. Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry 2. Respect - Aretha Franklin 3. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin 4. Louie Louie - The Kingsmen 5. I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye 6. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction - Rolling Stones 7. Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley 8. Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley & His Comets 9. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson 10. Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan 11. Hey Jude - Beatles 12. Good Vibrations - Beach Boys 13. Tutti-Frutti - Little Richard 14. What’d I Say - Ray Charles 15. Hotel California - Eagles 16. You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin' - Righteous Brothers 17. My Girl - Temptations 18. Imagine - John Lennon 19. What’s Going On - Marvin Gaye 20. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana 21. Hound Dog - Elvis Presley 22. Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen 23. Light My Fire - Doors 24. Superstition - Stevie Wonder 25. Layla - Derek and the Dominos 26. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen 27. She Loves You - Beatles 28. Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochran / Blue Cheer / The Who 29. You Really Got Me - Kinks / Van Halen 30. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel 31. Let’s Stay Together - Al Green 32. Long Tall Sally - Little Richard 33. Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix Experience 34. A Day In The Life - Beatles 35. Whole Lot of Shakin’ Going On - Jerry Lee Lewis 36. That’ll Be The Day - Buddy Holly & the Crickets 37. Every Breath You Take - Police 38. In The Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett 39. Maybellene - Chuck Berry 40. Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley 41. Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag - James Brown 42. When Doves Cry - Prince 43. My Generation - The Who 44. Losing My Religion - R.E.M. 45. Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream 46. Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin 47. One - U2 48. A Change Is Gonna Come - Sam Cooke 49. All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix Experience 50. The Message - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
51. Great Balls Of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis 52. Hey Ya - OutKast 53. Mr. Tambourine Man - Byrds / Bob Dylan 54. Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival / Ike & Tina Turner 55. Shake, Rattle And Roll - Joe Turner / Bill Haley and His Comets 56. Walk This Way - Aerosmith / Run-D.M.C. 57. Let It Be - Beatles 58. Maggie May - Rod Stewart 59. American Pie - Don McLean 60. (Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding 61. Blue Suede Shoes - Carl Perkins / Elvis Presley 62. Don’t Be Cruel - Elvis Presley 63. Won’t Get Fooled Again - The Who 64. Stayin’ Alive - Bee Gees 65. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd 66. Nuthin’ But a “G” Thang - Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg 67. Brown Sugar - Rolling Stones 68. Let’s Get It On - Marvin Gaye 69. When A Man Loves A Woman - Percy Sledge 70. I Want To Hold Your Hand - Beatles 71. Good Rockin’ Tonight - Wynonie Harris / Elvis Presley 72. Stand By Me - Ben E. King 73. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor 74. Super Freak - Rick James 75. A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum 76. Be My Baby - Ronettes 77. Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac 78. Papa Was a Rollin’ Stone - Temptations 79. House Of The Rising Sun - Animals 80. Yesterday - Beatles 81. Where Did Our Love Go - Supremes 82. Rapper’s Delight - Sugarhill Gang 83. I Want You Back - Jackson 5 84. I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts 85. Don’t You Want Me? - Human League 86. Jeremy - Pearl Jam 87. Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis Presley 88. Like a Virgin - Madonna 89. Beat It - Michael Jackson 90. Sweet Child O’ Mine - Guns N’ Roses 91. Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers 92. Your Song - Elton John 93. You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC 94. Somebody To Love - Jefferson Airplane 95. Green Onions - Booker T. & the MGs 96. Soul Man - Sam & Dave 97. Twist And Shout - Beatles / Isley Brothers 98. Bye Bye Love - Everly Brothers 99. Earth Angel - Penguins 100. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
101. Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye 102. Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight and the Pips 103. Why Do Fools Fall In Love - Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers 104. Good Golly Miss Molly - Little Richard 105. More Than a Feeling - Boston 106. Just My Imagination - Temptations 107. Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics 108. Call Me - Blondie 109. Celebration - Kool & The Gang 110. Another One Bites the Dust - Queen 111. The Sounds Of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel 112. Tainted Love - Soft Cell 113. Roxanne - Police 114. Dream On - Aerosmith 115. Whip It- Devo 116. Another Brick in the Wall Part II - Pink Floyd 117. Be-Bop-A-Lula - Gene Vincent & the Blue Caps 118. Rock And Roll Music - Chuck Berry / Beatles 119. I Saw Her Standing There - Beatles 120. I Get Around - Beach Boys 121. Reach Out, I’ll Be There - Four Tops 122. Peggy Sue - Buddy Holly 123. Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group 124. No Woman, No Cry - Bob Marley and the Wailers 125. London Calling - The Clash 126. Ain’t Too Proud To Beg - Temptations 127. Lawdy Miss Clawdy - Lloyd Price 128. Roll Over Beethoven - Chuck Berry 129. Family Affair - Sly and the Family Stone 130. We Will Rock You / We Are the Champions - Queen 131. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd 132. Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple 133. Don’t Stop Believin' - Journey 134. Dancing In The Street - Martha & the Vandellas 135. Mony Mony - Tommy James & the Shondells / Billy Idol 136. In The Still Of The Nite - Five Satins 137. Jumpin’ Jack Flash - Rolling Stones 138. Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf 139. Oh, Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison 140. I Only Have Eyes For You - Flamingos 141. Anarchy in the U.K. - Sex Pistols 142. Dancing Queen - ABBA 143. Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine - James Brown 144. Waterfalls - TLC 145. White Room - Cream 146. Sympathy For The Devil - Rolling Stones 147. Living for the City - Stevie Wonder 148. Lola - Kinks 149. Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper 150. For What It’s Worth - Buffalo Springfield
151. Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits 152. Lean on Me - Bill Withers 153. Planet Rock - Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force 154. What’s Love Got To Do With It? - Tina Turner 155. Born In the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen 156. With Or Without You - U2 157. (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party) - Beastie Boys 158. Loser - Beck 159. Gangsta’s Paradise - Coolio 160. Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinéad O'Connor 161. For Your Precious Love - Jerry Butler & the Impressions 162. Blueberry Hill - Fats Domino 163. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison 164. The Tracks Of My Tears - Miracles 165. California Dreamin' - Mamas & the Papas 166. Who’ll Stop the Rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival 167. Kashmir - Led Zeppelin 168. Heart of Glass - Blondie 169. Theme from “Shaft" - Isaac Hayes 170. Me and Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin 171. Baba O'Riley - The Who 172. Fire and Rain - James Taylor 173. Paranoid - Black Sabbath 174. Heart of Gold - Neil Young 175. Wonderwall - Oasis 176. Doo Wop (That Thing) - Lauryn Hill 177. Money For Nothing - Dire Straits 178. Eight Miles High - Byrds 179. Strawberry Fields Forever - Beatles 180. Nights In White Satin - Moody Blues 181. Little Red Corvette - Prince 182. Please, Please, Please - James Brown & the Famous Flames 183. Lose Yourself - Eminem 184. Creep - Radiohead 185. California Love - 2Pac 186. Enter Sandman - Metallica 187. Walk on the Wild Side - Lou Reed 188. It’s Too Late - Carole King 189. Into the Groove - Madonna 190. Blowin’ In The Wind - Bob Dylan 191. Will You Love Me Tomorrow - Shirelles 192. Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles 193. Dazed And Confused - Led Zeppelin 194. Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones 195. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For - U2 196. Heart Full Of Soul - Yardbirds 197. People Get Ready - Impressions 198. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes - Crosby, Stills & Nash 199. All Right Now - Free 200. Paradise By the Dashboard Light - Meat Loaf
201. Jump - Van Halen 202. Crazy in Love - Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z 203. Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division 204. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton 205. Shout - Isley Brothers / Otis Day and the Knights 206. Get Ur Freak On - Missy Misdemeanor Elliot 207. I Walk The Line - Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Two 208. Bring It On Home To Me - Sam Cooke 209. You’ve Really Got A Hold On Me - Miracles 210. Good Times - Chic 211. (Don’t Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult 212. If You Don’t Know Me by Now - Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes 213. All Night Long (All Night) - Lionel Richie 214. You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette 215. Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes 216. Sh-Boom - Chords / Crew Cuts 217. Aqualung - Jethro Tull 218. Honky Tonk Women - Rolling Stones 219. Riders On the Storm - Doors 220. Black Magic Woman - Santana 221. Blue Monday - New Order 222. 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins 223. Clocks - Coldplay 224. The Great Pretender - Platters 225. Ain’t It A Shame - Fats Domino 226. Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival 227. Revolution - Beatles 228. I Wanna Be Sedated - Ramones 229. Money - Pink Floyd 230. Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood 231. Paranoid Android - Radiohead 232. Paper Planes - M.I.A. 233. Money Honey - Drifters featuring Clyde McPhatter 234. A Hard Day’s Night - Beatles 235. You Keep Me Hangin’ On - Supremes 236. Piano Man - Billy Joel 237. Killing Me Softly with His Song - Roberta Flack / Fugees 238. Addicted To Love - Robert Palmer 239. Runaway - Del Shannon 240. Fuck You (Forget You) - Cee Lo Green 241. All Shook Up - Elvis Presley 242. Wild Thing - Troggs 243. She’s Not There - Zombies 244. Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen 245. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd 246. Livin On a Prayer - Bon Jovi 247. Fever - Little Willie John 248. The Loco-Motion - Little Eva 249. I’m A Believer - Monkees / Smash Mouth 250. Dance To The Music - Sly and the Family Stone
251. Roundabout - Yes 252. Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys 253. Low Rider - War 254. That’s All Right - Elvis Presley with Scotty and Bill 255. Surfin’ U.S.A. - Beach Boys 256. Hot Stuff - Donna Summer 257. It Takes Two - Rob Base & D.J. E-Z Rock 258. The Wanderer - Dion 259. Smooth - Santana feat. Rob Thomas 260. You Ain’t Seen Nothin’ Yet - Bachman-Turner Overdrive 261. The Train Kept-A-Rollin - Johnny Burnette Trio 262. Pledging My Love - Johnny Ace 263. God Only Knows - Beach Boys 264. The Letter - Box Tops 265. Under The Boardwalk - Drifters 266. I’ll Take You There - Staple Singers 267. Love Train - O'Jays 268. Don’t Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson 269. Mystery Train - Elvis Presley with Scotty and Bill 270. Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode 271. Jump Around - House of Pain 272. Sixty Minute Man - Dominoes 273. Rocket 88 - Jackie Brenston 274. Gloria - Them / Shadows Of Knight 275. Don’t Speak – No Doubt 276. I Can See For Miles - The Who 277. Rock And Roll - Led Zeppelin 278. Old Time Rock 'n’ Roll - Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band 279. No Diggity – BLACKstreet 280. Blitzkrieg Bop - Ramones 281. Reeling in the Years - Steely Dan 282. Black Hole Sun – Soundgarden 283. Sabotage – Beastie Boys 284. How Will I Know? - Whitney Houston 285. Fight the Power - Public Enemy 286. Sweet Little Sixteen - Chuck Berry 287. Yakety Yak - Coasters 288. Glad All Over - Dave Clark Five 289. Runaround Sue - Dion 290. One Nation Under a Groove - Funkadelic 291. Crying - Roy Orbison 292. Y.M.C.A. - Village People 293. Dreamlover - Mariah Carey 294. My Name Is - Eminem 295. I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown 296. Changes - David Bowie 297. The Twist - Chubby Checker 298. Killing In the Name - Rage Against The Machine 299. Iris – Goo Goo Dolls 300. Jesus Walks - Kanye West
301. Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Two 302. In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins 303. Ain’t No Sunshine - Bill Withers 304. Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve 305. Come As You Are - Nirvana 306. All Day And All Of The Night - Kinks 307. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd 308. Rolling In The Deep - Adele 309. Kiss - Prince 310. La Bamba - Ritchie Valens / Los Lobos 311. At Last - Etta James 312. Have You Ever Seen the Rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival 313. Song 2 - Blur 314. Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran 315. Highway to Hell - AC/DC 316. The Times They Are A'Changin' - Bob Dylan 317. You Send Me - Sam Cooke 318. Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) - Beyoncé 319. Careless Whisper - Wham! feat. George Michael 320. Heroes - David Bowie 321. Everyday People - Sly & the Family Stone 322. Alive - Pearl Jam 323. School Day (Ring! Ring! Goes The Bell) - Chuck Berry 324. Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard 325. November Rain - Guns N’ Roses 326. Help! - Beatles 327. Truckin' - Grateful Dead 328. Fallin' - Alicia Keys 329. Take On Me - A-Ha 330. Lucille - Little Richard 331. I Can’t Stop Loving You - Ray Charles 332. September - Earth, Wind & Fire 333. It Was a Good Day - Ice Cube 334. Rock the Casbah - The Clash 335. Black or White - Michael Jackson 336. Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) - Sly & the Family Stone 337. All I Have To Do Is Dream - Everly Brothers 338. Last Nite - The Strokes 339. Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? - Culture Club 340. My Sweet Lord - George Harrison 341. Something - Beatles 342. War - Edwin Starr 343. There Goes My Baby - Drifters 344. Rapture - Blondie 345. (Everything I Do) I Do It for You - Bryan Adams 346. California Girls - Beach Boys 347. Message in a Bottle - The Police 348. Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand 349. Fast Car - Tracy Chapman 350. Wake Up Little Susie - Everly Brothers
351. You Can’t Hurry Love - Supremes 352. Black Dog - Led Zeppelin 353. U Can’t Touch This - MC Hammer 354. Flashdance…What a Feeling - Irene Cara 355. Vogue - Madonna 356. I Can’t Help Myself - Four Tops 357. I’ve Got A Woman - Ray Charles 358. Umbrella - Rihanna feat. Jay-Z 359. 1999 - Prince 360. I Feel Love - Donna Summer 361. Hit The Road Jack - Ray Charles 362. Dreams - Fleetwood Mac 363. Rave On - Buddy Holly 364. Word Up! - Cameo 365. Regulate - Warren G 366. Penny Lane - Beatles 367. Rock with You - Michael Jackson 368. Yeah! - Usher feat. Lil’ Jon and Ludacris 369. Come On Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners 370. Money - Barrett Strong / Beatles 371. It’s Your Thing - Isley Brothers 372. One Love - Bob Marley and the Wailers 373. Zombie - The Cranberries 374. Purple Rain - Prince 375. Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-a-Lot 376. White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane 377. Who Do You Love - Bo Diddley 378. Rehab - Amy Winehouse 379. Start Me Up - Rolling Stones 380. You Are the Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder 381. Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival 382. Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry 383. Rumble - Link Wray 384. We Got The Beat - The Go-Go’s 385. Everlong - Foo Fighters 386. In My Life - Beatles 387. 25 or 6 to 4 - Chicago 388. In Da Club - 50 Cent 389. Jessie’s Girl - Rick Springfield 390. Rocking Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu - Huey "Piano” Smith / Johnny Rivers 391. Paint It, Black - Rolling Stones 392. School’s Out - Alice Cooper 393. Juicy - Notorious B.I.G. 394. The Boys of Summer - Don Henley 395. Tired of Being Alone - Al Green 396. Only The Lonely - Roy Orbison 397. Kansas City - Wilbert Harrison 398. Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz 399. Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams 400. Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers / Al Hibbler
401. Basket Case - Green Day 402. Tangled Up in Blue - Bob Dylan 403. Lonely Teardrops - Jackie Wilson 404. Push It - Salt-N-Pepa 405. Nothing Else Matters - Metallica 406. Walk On By - Dionne Warwick / Isaac Hayes 407. Le Freak - Chic 408. Gold Digger - Kanye West 409. My Prerogative - Bobby Brown 410. Crying In The Chapel - Orioles / Elvis Presley 411. Up On The Roof - Drifters 412. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John 413. Say My Name - Destiny’s Child 414. Back In Black - AC/DC 415. Heart-Shaped Box - Nirvana 416. Tears Of A Clown - Smokey Robinson & the Miracles 417. I Put A Spell On You - Screamin’ Jay Hawkins 418. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake 419. Nasty - Janet Jackson 420. Get Up, Stand Up - Bob Marley and the Wailers 421. (Love Is Like A) Heat Wave - Martha & the Vandellas / Linda Ronstadt 422. Everybody Hurts - R.E.M. 423. Sincerely - Moonglows 424. Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper 425. God Save the Queen - The Sex Pistols 426. Chain Of Fools - Aretha Franklin 427. Mercy Mercy Me - Marvin Gaye 428. 99 Problems - Jay-Z 429. Thriller - Michael Jackson 430. At The Hop - Danny & the Juniors 431. 96 Tears - ? & the Mysterians 432. Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door - Bob Dylan / Guns N’ Roses 433. …Baby One More Time - Britney Spears 434. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) - Whitney Houston 435. Rock and Roll All Nite - KISS 436. Don’t Worry Baby - Beach Boys 437. Honky Tonk - Bill Doggett 438. Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars 439. It’s the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) - R.E.M. 440. All the Small Things – Blink 182 441. You Can’t Always Get What You Want - Rolling Stones 442. Bang a Gong (Get It On) - T. Rex 443. River Deep, Mountain High - Ike & Tina Turner 444. Pump Up the Jam - Technotronic feat. Felly 445. Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads 446. Turn, Turn, Turn - Byrds 447. Hypnotize - Notorious B.I.G. 448. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas 449. Back To Life - Soul II Soul 450. Wooly Bully - Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs
451. Rocket Man - Elton John 452. Friday I’m in Love - The Cure 453. Love Shack - B-52’s 454. We Are Family - Sister Sledge 455. Baby I Need Your Lovin' - Four Tops / Johnny Rivers 456. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond 457. Ms. Jackson - OutKast 458. The Breaks - Kurtis Blow 459. Dear Mama - 2Pac 460. (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher - Jackie Wilson 461. Miss You - The Rolling Stones 462. Tequila - Champs 463. Free Fallin' - Tom Petty 464. Buddy Holly - Weezer 465. I Got You Babe - Sonny & Cher 466. You’re So Vain - Carly Simon 467. Idioteque - Radiohead 468. Get Lucky - Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams 469. Love Potion No. 9 - Clovers / Searchers 470. Try A Little Tenderness - Otis Redding 471. Brick House - The Commodores 472. Gin & Juice - Snoop Doggy Dogg 473. Welcome To the Jungle - Guns N’ Roses 474. Maybe I’m Amazed - Paul McCartney 475. The Weight - The Band / Aretha Franklin 476. Willie And The Hand Jive - Johnny Otis Show 477. All My Friends - LCD Soundsystem 478. Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel 479. Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel 480. Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home) - Crystals 481. Train in Vain (Stand By Me) - The Clash 482. Come Go With Me - Dell-Vikings 483. Me, Myself and I - De La Soul 484. I Believe I Can Fly - R. Kelly 485. Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan 486. The Boys Are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy 487. Fell in Love with a Girl - The White Stripes 488. Like A Prayer - Madonna 489. Pinball Wizard - The Who 490. Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley 491. I’ll Be There - The Jackson 5 492. Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones 493. Don’t You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds 494. Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder 495. I’ve Been Loving You Too Long - Otis Redding 496. Low - Flo Rida 497. Closer - Nine Inch Nails 498. I Want To Know What Love Is - Foreigner 499. Take It Easy - Eagles 500. I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You) - Aretha Franklin
Track List: 1. Me and Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin // 2. Over the Hills and Far Away by Led Zeppelin // 3. The Joker by The Steve Miller Band // 4. For What it’s Worth by Buffalo Springfield // 5. Dear Prudence by The Beatles // 6. I-Feel-Like-I’m-Fixin’-to-Die Rag by Country Joe and the Fish // 7. Come and Get Your Love by Redbone // 8. All Right Now by Free // 9. Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell // 10. Beast of Burden by The Rolling Stones // 11. Suite Judy Blue Eyes by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young // 12. Blinded by the Light by Manfred Mann’s Earth Band // 13. Sexy Sadie by The Beatles // 14. Mr. Tambourine Man by Bob Dylan // 15. California Dreamin’ by The Mamas and the Papas // 16. D'yer Mak'er by Led Zeppelin // 17. One Toke over the Line by Brewer and Shipley // // 19. Never Going Back Again by Fleetwood Mac // 20. Going to California by Led Zeppelin // 21. Dig a Pony by The Beatles // 22. Truckin’ by The Grateful Dead //
Mister Sandman, Bring Me a Dream (Daryl Dixon Imagine)
Imagine: Could you do an imagine where the reader has a nightmare and Daryl comes in to wake the reader up?? Thanks in advanced :3 – Anon.
A.N: Hey guys, I’m sorry it’s been so long, I’ve had writers block and some things in my life to deal with but finally, I have chopped up that block and made some space to write. Anon, and everyone, enjoy some fluffy fluff.
Word Count: 1672
➴ ➴ ➴
Tonight was no different, the hunter found his sleep disturbed by the muffled wailing in the next room. The first time it had happened Daryl had jumped into action, rushing into her room to see Y/N flailing her limbs and yelling in her sleep. That first night, he merely stood by her bedside and waited for it to pass – too nervous to wake her.
After many weeks of this nightly routine, Daryl took it a step further, first sitting beside her bed, next sitting at the end and now he found himself gently holding her calf; thumb awkwardly stroking above her ankle. She didn’t wake, but he noted how she calmed much quicker this way, and felt a little pride in his actions. It had been a long while since her distress eased, but he found it too hard to leave, almost as if he was guarding her dreams.
Before first light, Daryl reluctantly slunk back to his own bed. Sleep long forgotten, instead, replaced with thoughts of Y/N’s peaceful sleeping face. His brow furrowed, uncertainty rising in his throat, enough to make him cough but to no avail. Daryl was doomed.
The next day, he found himself overly aware and watchful. During his morning routine with the Grimes, he helped handle Judith while Rick was on a run. A job he secretly loved, making the little tyke gurgle with laughter and watching her amble around, attempting to walk. Carl would play games with her, in between teaching her words, pointing at stuff and slowly speaking their names out. Daryl smirked as Judy would watch her brothers mouth, desperately attempting to copy the shapes with her own.Judith squealed with joy at Carl praising her, before turning to point at the hunter.
“Da-Dawl,” Carl and Daryl froze, she’d done it unprompted and eagerly awaited more praise. Daryl felt his eyes mist, but refused to show too much emotion, no matter how comfortable he was with his new family.
“Judy, well done, that is Daryl,” Carl rubbed her small back, and she clapped her hands together before extending both arms out towards Daryl.
“Dawl! Dawl!” She attempted to wriggle her way out of her brothers grasp.
“Quit yer hollerin’ kiddo,” Daryl smirked as he scooped her up easily, sitting her in the crook of his lean arm, his free hand holding her belly. Judith proceeded to make delighted noises as the archer carried her around the house, pretending to let her drop before whisking her back up quickly – eliciting happy bouts of laughter from both Carl and Judy.
As Daryl rounded the corner, he didn’t notice Y/N stood, bleary eyed in her pyjamas. Judith let out a yelp and clung tight to his arm, but he managed to stop himself from barreling into her.
“Dawl!” Judy exclaimed, big blue eyes gazing up at him.
“S’alright ass kicker, I gotcha,” he patted her belly, bringing her up to sit on his hip. Y/N wandered off, dragging her feet, not even acknowledging their presence. Causing Daryl to frown. “Good mornin’ to you too…”
➴ ➴ ➴
Dinner was always awkward for Daryl, even with the respect that his family gave him, he still felt out of place sat around a table. Everyone seemed to silently understand his need to eat alone, outdoors. He’d finished his bowl of disappointing rice and lit up a cigarette, leaning back against the porch railing and casting his gaze up to the night sky. This was his favourite time of day, to just be.
“Daryl?” He damn near swallowed his smoke, defensively sitting up. It was Y/N. “Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you,” she couldn’t hide the smirk from the corners of her mouth.
“S’alrigh’,” he eased back into a comfortable position, eyes downcast.
“Just came out to apologise, you know? For earlier.”
“Nothin’ ta be sorry for,” he still kept his gaze averted and she sat near him. The evening breeze wafting her scent over towards him, bubbling up the same confused feelings he’d had the night before.
“I was rude to you, and to Judith. I just, I’m not myself right now. Haven’t been sleeping well,” this caught his attention, finally turning to look at her, cigarette almost forgotten, hanging from his lip. He toyed with the idea of telling her, confessing his nightly guardian role he’d taken but deep down he wanted to continue watching over her, and he knew well enough that if she found out then that would be the end of it – no one wanted a dirty redneck lingering around their room at night.
“Daryl?” He realised he’d been staring for a while, and shook himself off.
“Sorry,” he re-lit his cigarette and turned away again. “Stand by what I said, ain’t got nothin’ to say sorry for.”
She huffed out a short laugh, shaking her head. A comfortable silence fell over the two, both lost in their own thoughts – Daryl’s mostly of Y/N and circling his new perplexing emotions. So lost in thought that even as a hunter, he hadn’t noticed her stand until he felt her cool fingers gently squeezing his shoulder.
“Goodnight Daryl,” before he could say anything she was gone, leaving a warm sensation on his skin.
➴ ➴ ➴
Like clockwork, he woke to the sounds of her distress and he found himself silently perched at the foot of her bed.
“N-no!” She gasped and her face scrunched into a pain ridden grimace. He thought back to their conversation on the porch and wondered what was actually plaguing her nightmares. Feeling compelled, he clumsily placed his hand into hers, thumb rubbing circles into her wrist.
Suddenly, her hand tightened. Daryl flinched, and found her eyes open, her chest rising and falling heavily as she recuperated from her fear. Confusion briefly flashed across her gaze before she settled – her painful grip on his hand easing but not pulling away.
“Sorry,” Daryl mumbled, gruff and embarrassed, turning to leave. She pulled him back and smiled.
“Hey, got nothin’ to be sorry about, right?” She returned his words to him, face warm and friendly. He gawked, utterly lost.
“Ain’t ya freaked by me?” He squinted.
“Why? You came here to help, right?” She raised her brow at him, but he was too busy staring at their linked hands and said nothing. “How long have you been doing this Daryl?”
He felt ice chill his spine, panic and discomfort clawing at him. He attempted to leave again, successfully pulling free from Y/N’s grasp, nearly running for the door.
“Daryl, it’s okay,” she said from her spot on the bed, it stopped him, her voice earnest. “I’m not mad, I’m happy…”
“Happy? Woman, you been screamin’ bloody murder every damn night for the past month, yer nothin’ close ta happy.” His nostrils flared, close to losing his temper. Fists balled at his sides. She looked down, ashamed to have continually disturbed him.
Daryl’s shuffling ceased, letting his shoulders slack before stepping back over to her bedside and sitting on the floor.
“Ain’t gotta be, jus’ worried y’know?” He shrugged and Y/N wiped her eyes quietly. “I didn’ want ya to be scared o’ me, an’ you’d calm when I’d stay.”
“Daryl, I could never be scared of you,” his body tensed again, he felt the urge to escape.”You’ve been watching over me all this time?”
All he could do was nod, playing nervously with his fingers; until her hand took one of his, lacing her fingers through his. He risked a cautious look up at her and she smiled, tears ghosted down her cheeks but she smiled, tugging him up. He complied, sitting beside her on the bed.
“Thank you so much,” she whispered as she rested her head on his shoulder. He tensed at first but quickly grew comfortable with her closeness. “Even though you’ve done so much for me, can I ask you one more favour?”
He grumbled, a gruff and lazy way of agreeing causing her to chuckle.
“Can you sleep here tonight?” His eyes widened, but he found himself wanting to be close to her – to stay with her as much as possible.
“Uh, yeah…” he coughed, feeling awkward, as much as he wanted to stay he didn’t know how to be affectionate with her.
She smiled up at him, pulling the bed sheet back and allowing him to get comfortable. He lay on his back, staring up at the ceiling, hands still linked with Y/N’s. She could see his discomfort and decided to not push her luck, allowing him the space to breathe.
➴ ➴ ➴
The next morning, he woke to a familiar scent and a soft weight on his chest. Remembering the previous nights events, his eyes shot open, revealing Y/N’s form curled into him – her hair splayed across his shoulder, fingers clasped into his shirt. He lay rigid and uneasy, in a a messy concoction of comfort and that warm unfamiliar feeling he felt around her.He eased back into a relaxed state before using his arm underneath her to wrap around her back, gently squeezing her closer.
He wasn’t sure how long he had lay there, enjoying her soft snores and the smell of her hair before she stirred. She hummed, before stretching out her legs, unwinding them from his.
“Mornin’” he grumbled.
“Oh! Good morning Daryl,” she jumped, but smiled pleased. “You stayed.”
He frowned, course he stayed, why would he have lied to her?
“I’m so glad,” she curled back into him and entwined her fingers with him again. “Can you stay every night?” She’d almost joked, but there was a sincerity to her tone.
“Would ya stop havin’ nightmares?”
“I’m sure, and it’d make my dreams come true,” she laughed at the corniness and Daryl snorted. He wasn’t sure what this was between them but he enjoyed her, and if he could help he would.
“Then yeah, but only if ya never say no cheesy shit like that again.”
01 Love The One You’re With
02 Wooden Ships
03 Immigration Man
05 Military Madness
06 Johnny’s Garden
07 Walk On
08 Almost Cut My Hair
09 Teach Your Children
10 Only Love Can Break Your Heart
11 The Lee Shore
12 Time After Time
13 Southbound Train
14 Another Sleep Song
15 Our House
16 Hawaiian Sunrise
17 Long May You Run
18 Ambulance Blues
19 Old Man
20 Change Partners
21 Myth Of Sysiphus
22 You Can’t Catch Me – Word Game
23 Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
24 Deja Vu
25 First Things First
26 Don’t Be Denied
27 Black Queen
28 Revolution Blues
29 Pushed It Over The End
30 Pre Road Downs
31 Carry On
32 Sugar Mountain
Neil Young – vocals, guitar, harmonica, keyboards
David Crosby – vocal , guitar
Stephen Stills – vocal, guitar, keyboards, acoustic bass
Graham Nash – vocal, guitar, piano, harmonica, organ
Joe Lala – percussion
Russ Kunkel – drums