“The pain comes in waves, like the crash of the tide against the shore- the sea merciless and unrelenting in its assault of the sand. It threatens to consume her, to drown her, to pull her from the safety of land and batter her against the jagged edges of the rocks that protrude from the waves until she is in pieces, scattered, like so many grains of sand.
Like falling snow slipping through grasping fingers, like smoke wafting from the end of a lit cigarette, like dandelion seeds dancing on the wind.
Intangible, untouchable, like fine mist on a cool morning.
The pain comes in waves, and she is utterly helpless against it.”
Kara Danvers has detention. So does a certain kryptonite-eyed individual.
She’s just perfecting her vacant stare when the sound of the door hinges squealing in protest breaks her concentration. Her attention snaps towards the doorway, where a girl with dark hair, green eyes, and an absolutely wicked smile meets her eyes- and winks.
A bright crimson flush spreads across her cheeks as she quickly averts her gaze, having suddenly developed an intense desire to count every single one of the tally marks scratched into the battered desk in front of her. “Miss Luthor, we don’t have all day to wait for you to get inside and shut the door,” McCarthy snaps, gesturing towards the other students- most of whom suppress a long-suffering sigh as he glowers. “Take a seat.”
The SuperCorp Hogwarts AU you probably weren’t looking for that my trashy gay brain couldn’t help but writing.
Kara is only nine years old when her world ends.
There’s a flash of green light that passes through the glass of the windowshield as though it were as insubstantial as smoke that strikes her father squarely in the chest and then the wheel jerks and the world is spinning spinning spinning-
Her mother’s screams echo in her ears as the world turns upside down and right side up and upside down all over again. She’s reaching for her, fingers outstretched- Kara! -but her mother’s belt won’t loosen and neither will hers and all she knows is that she wants to get out, she wants to move-
They stop falling.
This was all typed and formatted on mobile, so just know I definitely did suffer while making this.
• Holding hands
• Waking up together (maybe Alec seeing Magnus without makeup??)
• Kicking ass together
• Magnus being powerful with and without his magic > maybe some Shadowhunter talking shit about him being helpless without magic and Mags?? Just knocks him over?? Didn’t see this coming? wHaT? Alec feels so much pride,,so much pride (also has a lowkey boner?)
• (Slow) Dancing
• Just domestic fluff like them watching a movie or cooking
• Alec Lightwood slowly turning into the powerful political symbol he’ll later become in the books
• S P O O N I N G
What Harry said about Magnus and malec in 2B is *so* exciting!!!!
- Valentine is gonna do something that really pisses him off and Magnus will have an ever bigger reason for wanting him gone
- Magnus and Alec will do a lot more activities together!!! (Give me the fighting power couple i crave) also they’re gonna get mad at each other here and there but there are also some delightful moments!!
- In episode 12 we’ll see a Magnus we’ve never seen before
- The dancing scene is gonna involve magic!
- It’s gonna be hard for him to deal with the whole downworlders vs shadowhunters situation