Hi everyone! So, as any jikook shipper, you all know that there is a variety of great fics, old and new, about our fave ship. I, personally, tend to like reading more about the new ones (not because the 2014 ones aren’t good anymore, but like, u know what i mean, dynamics of the ship changed).
So as someone who spends……. alot….. of their free time reading and writing fics, and as someone who’s been in the fandom for a couple months now, i tought it would be a good idea to write down here some of my faves for you, old shipper who thinks they’ve read them all, or new shipper who doesn’t know where to start :)
I’ll try to recommend complete ones for the most part, and recent ones, but you know…… some of ‘em are classics. Here are my personnal all-time favorites.
Let’s start ! (in no particular order)
* - awesome
** - extra-awesome
*** - life-changing
1. Constraint, by Harlot. ** One shot, 40k, complete. “Jungkook is young and he is more acquainted with confusion and poor-decision-making than he’d like to admit. Despite being only 19 years old, he sometimes argues that he’s been through and seen some shit. He is never sure where he’s going to end up and he’s not entirely sure what kind of future is waiting for him. He is often not sure of a lot but he is certain—absolutely certain—that he’s not gay. Alternatively, a story in which Jungkook meets Park Jimin and doesn’t like him whatsoever. There’s just something about him… there’s just so much about him. Jungkook really can’t stand him. In fact, he can’t stand him so much he can’t quite seem to get him off of his mind.” ((So this one is quite lengthy, i know, but totally worth it ! Jungkook is a real douche in the beginning, but his reactions are so believable and relatable that you forgive him instantly. Great caracterization. Smutty parts in the end.))
2. Loverboy, by gangbang. *** One shot, 9k, complete. “this much jimin’s figured out: sometimes, somehow, his words make people fall in love with him.” ((Okay so this one is my personnal favorite, if I had to chose from all the jikooks fics, and probably all fics of all ships of all times, this would probably win the 1rst place. There’s something about it. Magical realism. Ansgt. Incredible storyline and characterization. A+++))
3. More golden than a golden snitch, by arborescent. ** Series of 3 One shots. 4k for this one, complete. “Everyone knows that the first year Slytherin seeker Jeon Jungkook’s biggest fan is not from his own house but a third year Hufflepuff named Park Jimin.” ((Okay so another old one… but a true classic. This one is a series so be sure to read the 3 of them, aren’t long, but truly amazing. HP au, with a lot of misunderstandings, a tsundere jk, and a fluffy muggleborn jimin. Don’t have to have loved HP to read this.))
4. And back again, by novilunar. * One shot, 3k, complete. “Jimin wishes he could stay away from Jungkook.” ((Ok so this is also an old one BUT i had to link it cause i read it 4 times by now and it is THE fic that started me into Jikook. Basically, Jimin doesn’t do one night stands, and thats all jk does. Jimin falls. Happy ending. Great writing. Good smutty parts. Love it.))
5. The Bet, by jonghyunslisterine. ** 11 chapters, 46k, complete. “Where Jeon Jungkook makes a bet that he can get the notoriously single Park Jimin to sleep with him by the end of the semester. Needless to say, things don’t go exactly as planned.” ((Okay, another old one, classic, that you probably already read. If not, then d o i t. Quite lengthy, but a safe bet. Great great great character development. Jimin is such a complex but lovely being and jk is such a douche but then gets it and it all goes well in the end. The jeonlous is gold. University setting, and jk’s concerns about school are so well written and so relatable. Great one overall.))
6. Flowertalk, by soranosuzu. * One shot, 3k, complete. “Jimin works in a flower shop and Jungkook is a delivery boy who drives a pastel pink van.” ((Tooth rotting fluff. Short and sweet, perfect for when you’re feeling for it.))
7. You’re ripped at every edge (but you’re a masterpiece), bykafeuka. * 3 chapters, 34k, complete. “Jimin swore there was nothing worst than having Jeon Jungkook as a sergeant.(Or,In which Jimin was forced to enlist in military and he was under the sexgod Sergeant Jeon’s monitoring division and god, Sergeant Jeon really needs to stop being a douchebag)” ((Ok so this one is maybe not an ultimate fave, but it’s only b/c of the end. Overall, it’s great, tho’. Military AU. Sexual tension. JK is sexually frustrated and frustrating. JM is a rich boy. Both characters are douches. Loved the idea.))
8. One upon a time share, by namakemono. * 5 chapters, 32k, complete. “Jungkook is in desperate need of a vacation, but spending two weeks in Namjoon and Hoseok’s timeshare in Okinawa with his recently separated ex of three years was probably (definitely) not what he had in mind.” ((I don’t know why i like the ex trope so much??? anyone with me??? there isn’t enough of those. JK and JM broke up, but their friends are still friends. And want them back together. Oops. Love it.))
7. White T-shirt and Brown Timberlands, by Rose_gold715. ** One shot, 11k, complete. “Jimin is filing for divorce after eight years with Jungkook. He needs to let go, and yet, he wants to hold on a little longer.” ((Aaaaand another ex trope, but not really. Established relationship that doesn’t go well for a while, but happy ending. Original idea. Kinda angsty, and heartbreaking. Loved it.))
8. You’re a hard soul to save with an ocean in the way (but i’ll get around it), by namakemono(great author ok bye). ** One shot, 20k, complete. “Jimin has the whole ocean at his fingertips, but for some reason he can’t help but look up to where the humans are, and wonder what it’s like to be part of their world.(or: the Little Mermaid AU that no one asked for)” ((Ok so now move on to something a lil’ fluffier. I DID NOT KNOW HOW MUCH I WANTED A LITTLE MERMAID AU. But i did. Jimin w/ red hair. Rich boy JK that has to take care of him. Funny and cute. A little jowel of a fic.))
9. You Don’t Bring Me Flour, bysuperbroc. * One shot, 3k, complete. “In order to graduate, Park Jimin must convince cute grocery cashier Jeon Jungkook that this sack of flour is his beloved child.” ((Soooo funny. Happy and fluffy. Great when you’re in the mood for something lighter.))
10. Let’s play for keeps, bykaythebest. * One shot, 4k, complete. “Jimin plays games for the entertainment of the Internet. Poorly. In fact, his entire schtick seems to be entirely based on how terrible he is. JimJams tries. He rarely succeeds.” ((Youtuber AU. Funny. A lot of Pining. What’s there more to ask.))
11. A touch of sin, by pettey. *** 10 chapters, 102k, complete. “After his transfer to a quiet seaside town, Jeongguk was prepared to face a year of uneventful CID work, but found himself dealing with a series of strange murders instead.” ((ULTIMATE FAVE OF THE MOMENT. Last fic I actually read, yesterday, in the middle of the night. Terrible idea, ‘cause it’s so spooky. I’m not a fan of gore, so i was scared when i read the hashtags, but really there isn’t that much, and it’s so well written that you barely notice it. The story is so well written and plot-driven. It could litteraly be a book. The universe is so intriguing. Ghosts. Witchcraft. JK is a cop, JM is a witch, sorta. Weird murders happen, JM is suspected. Sexual tension. So soooo much sexual tension. Characters are amazingly written. Slowbuilt. The end is bittersweet, if you don’t like much of happy endings, you’ll love it, if you only like happy endings (like me), you’ll love it too. Also there’s smut. And amazing song recommandations.))
12. Nu ABO: A Memoir by Park Jimin, bydecompositionbooks. ** 6 chapters, 34k, complete. “The world didn’t think it was necessary to give him a guide when it shoved all of these omega hormones at him, so here it is, Park Jimin’s handbook on dealing with heats, unrequited love, and Jeon Jungkook.” ((You kids are so lucky to be able to read this fic in one go. I had to wait for every chapter. E v e r y o n e. I know not all are fans of ABO dynamics, but try this one, please. It’s so good. Jimin is hilarious. Jungkook is emotionally constipated. Sexual tension. Jealousy. Great writing. A+))
13. Leave Your Mark, by snarcsics. *** 3/10 chapters, 49k, not completed. “The first time Jimin meets a gaunt, small beta boy named Jungkook in the examination room of Namjoon’s lab, he can’t seem to take his eyes off him. The second time he sees Jungkook it’s because he refuses to eat without him. The third time they meet, Jungkook is more teeth and claws than Jimin can handle.” ((OK SO I KNOW THIS FIC IS NOT COMPLETED. BUT LISTEN it’s worth it. Ohhh so worth it. Plus the author tends to finish all of her fics. Superd kind, replies to all comments. This fic is the beginning of a masterpiece. Not like any ABO. The plot is so great. The characterization is A+++. So much tension. So intriguing. JM is an omega. JK is a beta that will become an alpha artificially cause they are extinct. It doesn’t go so well. Please read it. Trust me on this one. You won’t regret it.))
So this is all of my ultimate favorite fics! I still have plenty I would like to recommend, but I figured too long posts annoy everyone. Tell me if you liked this list and if you would like me to do some others :) I was thinking about doing thematics ones, like fluffy, smutty, angsty… Tell me if that would be something you’d like!
If you have any fics to recommend me, please please please do so!
This fandom is great. This ship is great. Don’t forget to comment on the stories you read to encourage these fabulous authors!
Dark I'm really sad... Someone did something bad to me. Can I have head pats? Please? If you're okay with that? xx
A hoggish growl came from the inside of Dark’s throat, spreading across his jowels as his eyes lit aflame. Someone was daring to harm something that belonged to him? Who had the gall to test something under his ownership? HIS? His nails curled dangerously against the wood of his desk, leaving small, thin lines where he had carved from his anger. Slowly, he stood, fuming within his own mind, but despite the tensing of his jawline, refused to let his tenseness reveal to the human who did not deserve it.
Slowly, winding himself around the desk, he approached them with a few tender steps, and brought a hand up in order to pap his fingers slowly against the top of their head, running his palm along the tresses of their hair, before he stepped away.
He stated calmly, and turned away to hide his grimaces, his mind bending desire to hunt the villain down.
Dark smiled. It had been quite a while since his beautiful cobra had been mentioned, with the craze centered around his children for a considerable amount of time. The black being uncoiled itself from its sight folds, red forked tongue eagerly tasting the air at the prospect of attention. Its beady eyes examined the figure carefully, before its body slithered foil with the scraping sound of its scales against wood.
“You are free to pet her. She’s friendly to those who treat her kindly.”
Naga’s jowels tapped together, giving only hints of the fangs tucked against her jawline, but she seemed prepared to accept a few rubbings along her snout or cranium.
I'd like to thank my mom (this is not what you think)
Being as that Mother’s Day is tomorrow and that this topic has been on my mind for a long time, I felt it very appropriate to write about this now. My mother is one of those people that if you weren’t related to her you probably wouldn’t want to be around her, because she is a very negative and selfish person. She seems to lack any sort of spacial awareness so she blindly wanders into people constantly. She, like me, wears her heart on her sleeve and all of her emotions show on her body, the problem with that is she allowed a narcissistic, and severely abusive, borderline pedophile, hunker down in her life like a skunk under the house and pollute her mind for 25 years and it shows. Her shoulders are hunched, the skin from her cheeks now hang down from her jaw, not unlike the jowels of a hound dog. She feels like she’s overweight and so hates how she looks AND anyone who’s thinner than her (including me) but says its “too late” to do anything about it at her age. She FINALLY got rid of the abusive husband, although they are still married, he threatened to kill her for the fucking hundredth time and she managed to record it on her iPhone, THANK YOU APPLE TECHNOLOGY!!! But so he went to jail for that and then shacked up with an ex girlfriend he went to high school with. So yeah it wasn’t even actually her choice to get rid of the fucker. HE FOUND SOMEONE ELSE!! Not to mention the fact that she goes on and on about how she was “abused by a narcissist” for all those years, and yet denies that he ever did anything to me, that the constant chaos and strife of being an only child and a skinny, very girly girl at that (hold on Ill explain this) having on more than one occasion rescue my mother physically from this man when they were fighting physically and screaming at each other, to the point of using my own body to separate them. So yeah maybe I got a little tough from that, maybe that made me hypersensitive to when any man is visibly picking on a woman in public, that protector side of me comes out again, and I have to remind myself: “You are not a big strong man, you can do little more than provide distraction long enough for her to get away, or take the blows for her.” But again that is the negative voice of my mother in my head, because I can do a lot more than that. I am making a difference by calling attention to it, by saying “look fucker, this is NOT ok.” Even in something as simple as online interactions. Now to be clear I don’t go out of my way to find abused women and liberate them, because honestly that can be very confusing for me online, I see a lot of girls getting slapped and bruised and appearing to love it. I get it, I like to be fucked until I’m bruised and I love bloody scratch marks down my back. THAT is hard to explain for me as well except that I was a cutter for really long time, sometimes I still slip, so there seems to be a crossed wire in my head that those feelings of pain and relief have been inextricably linked for me. I enjoy bondage and dominant man with rough hands who can control me, but I’ve had enough abuse in my life so being called a whore or cum slut, or fuck meat, or bimbo, REALLY doesn’t appeal to me at all.
Anyway, I digress, so back on topic, I’d like to thank my mother for giving me an example of what I DON’T want to be. I’d rather be like Helen Mirren. My mother would say Helen Mirren looks so good because she can afford to, but I think its a lot more than that. It’s in the way she carries herself and how she controls her temper, she has good posture and a pleasant smile, she wears makeup and clothing elegantly. Yes she dresses incredible well because she can afford it, but you don’t have to wear designer clothes to look fantastic. My mother was always in t-shirts and jeans my whole childhood, she never wore makeup, she disapproved of fashion magazines, and she had very specific views about what made a lady a whore. Shaving above the knee, wearing foundation, nail polish, clothing with any slight fray or hole in it, shorts that were higher than knee length, these were all things that made you a slut or a floozy. EVEN WEARING A GOOD BRA!! But this makes more sense to me NOW, in retrospect because her aforementioned narcissistic abuser husband started noticing me more the more I matured and I’m sure she noticed that. Instead of kicking him to the curb though, what does she do? She reacts with jealousy to ME! So I’m 16 but discouraged from wearing any pretty dresses or playing with makeup or reading my Vogues and Cosmos (contraband in my house). I was unable to be comfortable in my own home because there was a man in it lusting after my body. Forgive me, but that’s just a fucked up way to live. On top of that this guy was Vietnam Vet, tanks were his thing, but he was in for about a year and got injured and sent home with a pension, the point of THAT is he came into our lives when I was 5 or six and he treated me like he was a drill Sargent and I a soldier, even though he’d never been one. He raised me like someone else’s kid, like I was the biggest insult in that home because I wasn’t his, and I would be nothing in life if I didn’t get better at EVERYTHING immediately. If I couldn’t do a task perfectly on the first try I was worthless. When I got older and started to develop he was nicer, “here come on my lap little girl” sort of things, or he’d caress me as I walked by, any chance he got to “accidentally” graze any and all of my personal areas. But no mom, he only abused you, that had NO effect on me whatsoever. My mother also has this nasty habit of doing things that lack integrity, but justifying it as “well no one was looking” BITCH, you gotta hold YOURSELF accountable, if you KNOW it’s wrong DON’T FUCKING DO IT!! YOU were looking! End of story! She is also a classic case of: “good people do not feel the need to constantly TELL YOU that they are good” do you want to know why? Because it fucking SHOWS through, they don’t have to tell you because you can see it. My mother tells me all the time that all she ever did was support me and my creativity, but I don’t think she realizes how much her negativity crept into every aspect of our lives. It frustrates me that I have been improving and working on myself and my mental health for DECADES, she half heartedly would help me with heavy doses of negative feedback, but how DARE I not be grateful for everything she has done for me?! It’s a lot like when you start up a conversation with someone and it seems natural enough, its going well you’re having a dialogue, but every other sentence has a sting in it, like that didn’t really need to be said, or that might have come off as more hurtful than they might have intended, but you shake it off and go on with the conversation. Which devolves into what is basically just name dropping and the most inane gossip? Yeah that’s what its like to talk to my mother. I’m left shaking my head with all the new snakes of negativity she forces into it. It’s even tough for me to watch her with my kids because it brings up the parts of my childhood that shaped me. She is VERY OCD and cleanliness is valued above all else, I’m fucking sorry but kids need to be allowed to get messy and tear their clothes and get mud in their shoes sometimes. Otherwise you end up with a very uptight and jumpy, desperate for approval adult, I know from fucking personal experience. I see how my son tries to tell her stories and she doesn’t even pretend to be interested, she doesn’t go with him to his room when he invites her, she doesn’t want to play with him ever, and yet she always wants him to hug her when she asks. You know how you get hugs? By paying attention to him!! I get hugs all the time just because I’ll have a conversation with him about a dream or a new show he loves, or new dance move he created or how high he can jump or how tall he’s grown. Seriously he’s fucking easy, he just wants attention. Don’t we all. But I get why I was so attention starved by the time I left my childhood home, and I let anyone who showed me the slightest bit of attention, be it positive or negative, into my life and my heart. It’s taken me a LONG time to figure out that just because they give you attention doesn’t necessarily mean they have honorable intentions. Like when I was underage I thought the older men who DID come on to me were the nice ones and the ones who politely ignored me must not like me. To quote Pretty Woman: BIG mistake, big, HUGE! . I was told “don’t quit your day job” in regards to my love for the theatre and every aspect that went into those fabulous productions, and yet both my mom and her husband said I was going to end up being a stripper married to a biker or a guy with a rape van. Yeah that’s not hurtful at all. I never stripped, although I wanted to, and I married the man before he became a biker, but that’s besides the point.
The point being, because I feel like my disjointed morning thoughts are taking over what I intended to be entirely about my mother: I feel like she gave me a good jumping off point to be a creative person, she puts on the airs of “hippy, strong woman hear me roar, I am independent and free, I don’t need a man, I can do it all myself!!” And its been seeing through that facade that has made me loose a lot of the respect I had for her. Not because she’s a strong woman with weaknesses, because I admit I am that too, but because those are lies. All she wants in the world is for a man to love her and take care of her, to plant kisses on her forehead and brush the hair from her face and the tears from her eyes. She wants tenderness and the princess fantasy of someone who will sweep her off her feet and take care of everything. It’s the denial of these simple facts that have turned her into such a bitter and jaded and, forgive me for saying this but ugly human being. I’m not implying that that’s what ALL women want, or if we do want that that we don’t want more than just that. Because of my mother I learned to be bitter about what I liked, instead of embracing it and letting the love for the thing fill me up and make me more of who I was meant to be. Now I strive very day to make myself more like the person I was meant to be, more like the kind and calm and generous people who inspire me every day. Instead of wallowing in my hatred because they have what I don’t, I’ll push a little harder and improve upon myself a little more slowly perhaps because I have to save up for nice things, but it makes it that much sweeter a victory that I put the effort in. Yeah I may have loose skin now, but I lost a hundred pounds, and I exercise every day, pushing a little harder all the time, because I think it’s never too late to improve upon yourself. Do I have a perfect 20 year old body? No, but I look fucking great for 35, and its because I put the effort in and I love to look good because it makes me FEEL good. I don’t dress sexy for men, I do it because it makes me feel powerful and beautiful and empowered by the effect my body and appearance alone has on the people around me. I do it for me, and sometimes my husband because I know he appreciates that and I appreciate him. I’m grateful for my mom, because she’s shown me how I don’t want to treat my children and that giving up is lazy, by example. I’m not denying the appeal, life can be fucking exhausting, but it can’t always be the first option. Fuck you Yoda, there is most certainly a try, I try and fail every day and it doesn’t stop me from trying again the next day. Maybe someday I’ll do, but in the meantime Ill try.
To conclude: thank you mom, you showed me a facade of a strong woman, but I saw through the lies and lost respect for you. This goes beyond faking confidence until you make it, or shielding your children from your insecurities. This is SAYING one thing and DOING another, this is “do as I say and not and I do” There’s a duplicity to that that I can not get behind or respect any more in my life. It’s been very liberating for me to realize that I can love her because she’s my mother and have absolutely no respect for her as a person, and that that doesn’t make ME a bad person. If her friends want to shame me because I don’t want her around all the time or I need to distance myself from her negative influence, bitch there’s a reason none of you stick around for more than five years consistently, usually much less. I’ve had her in my life for almost 36 years. I see through the bullshit and I’m not going to let it effect me anymore. ANYONE can have kids, I don’t think that everyone was mean to be a mother, and my mother is a prime example of that, I could have easily just been her sixth abortion, yes sixth, but she decided selfishly she wanted a girl child to be her best friend. I can’t say I’m happy she gave me life, because there’s been a lot it when I wished she hadn’t. I can only thank her for giving me an example of the kind of person I do not want to be, and its made me very happy to learn and grow within myself based on that. Thank you mom for being weak and conniving and teaching me the biting insults to break down a persons soul, so that I may never use them on an undeserving human being. I love you for showing me another path, but I wish you’d let me choose my own, so fuck it I’ll trail blaze now. I am who I am because of and despite my mother, I just wish I could attribute more of my good side to her. Happy fucking Mother’s Day.