put your opinions in the tags (great comet edition)
-is anatole a villain?
-dave’s pierre or josh’s pierre?
-no one else or sonya alone?
-PETERSBURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG or wOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAH?
-dust and ashes or great comet of 1812?
-favorite ensemble member?
-marya + helene’s kiss or dolokhov + anatole’s kiss?
-i was sitting in the front row of the back mezz and i could see everything and it was incredible.
-brad came up to us beforehand and shouted “NYET, NYET, NYET!” at things such as leaving your cellphones on during the performance and talking during the show, etc
-then prologue started. and everyone in the audience was so engaged from that point on it was great. we had such a good audience omg
-cathryn played her clarinet in my face and it was magical
- celia mei rubin’s arms are my RELIGION, holy shit??? she’s tiny but so fucking strong i love it?? she’s incredible
-okay fast forward to natasha and the bolkonskys…after mary said “and he looked at her once head to toe” nicholas belton managed to mutter “not in my house” at shoba (who was playing natasha) right before mary continued with the lyric and i dIED
-fast forward to the duel: balaga ate sonya out next to the bolkonsky chair, anatole seduces marya, marya whips some poor ensemble member on the top of the stage, and let’s not forget the special appearance by all eighteen of josh canfield’s abs
- everything was fantastic up until in my house
- brittain is in the middle of her line and her mic cuts out
- cue my heart dropping
- then ALL THE SOUND CUTS OUT
- and suddenly there’s an announcement over a hidden loudspeaker: “EXCUSE US. WE’RE HAVING SOME TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. ALL ACTORS PLEASE EXIT THE STAGE.”
- shoba and grace and brittain are just kind of standing there laughing nervously and eventually grace beckons to shoba and they exit
- the audience starts murmuring and everything is quiet
- until a man behind me starts singing: “whOOAAOAOAAAOHOAAA”
- getting the message, i stand up and shout “HEY! HEY! HEY!”
- and the WHOLE AUDIENCE STARTS SINGING THE ABDUCTION
- IT WAS INCREDIBLE
-EVERYONE STARTED CLAPPING AND SHAKING THEIR EGG SHAKERS AND SINGING
- eventually the song died out and everyone started clapping again it was hilarious
- scott stangland (pierre), had to stay in the circular pit the whole time, and i’m not sure if he was staying in character or drinking from the wine bottle to cope with the fact that things had gone horribly wrong
- then the guitar player next to him started the wave
- and since its a circular theatre, the wave extended through the entire imperial
- after that ended, heath came out to his spot to loud applause
- he grinned and waved as the rest of the cast came out
- they weren’t getting the okay to continue the show so they just stood there in silence in their spots right before in my house
- after a long pause, lucas, who stood on the top of the stairs, called “YOU GUYS REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED, RIGHT?” everyone says “yes!” and then grace comes onstage and the audience ROARS
- they continued the show and it was terrific
anyway, tl/dr: props to the great comet cast retaining their good humor and taking a major technical difficulty in stride.
I waited nearly 8 years to hear this song live. It was well worth the wait. #coheedandcambria #wakeup #neverender #neverendergaibsiv #gaibsiv #claudiosanchez #zachcooper #travisstever #josheppard #keywork #ionlycriedtwice (at Marquee Theatre)
cathrynwake: COMET WINS! ⚾️⚾️⚾️ We won our Broadway Show League division championship yesterday to finish out the season. Thanks to co-captains extraordinaire @vwkat and @gaswirth. #sluggers #underdogs #DIVISIONCHAMPS