• The look that Dick and Nix exchange after Dick is asked if it’s safe to cross in Carentan
• GENE’S PINK NOSE
• “We salute the rank, not the man.”
• Perconte’s height
• Webster’s little “They got me!”
• Luz starting the Airborne Infantry cadence while they’re running Curahee to drown out Sobel’s taunting
• “Lt Sobel hates us, sir.” “Lt Sobel does not hate Easy Company, Pvt Randleman. He just hates you.” “Thank you, sir.”
• Liebgott’s hair
• Whenever someone talks shit about Speirs, he is there and he knows
• Also Speirs’ sticky fingers like holy shit
•"Where the fuck is everybody? Where did everybody go?“ “I HAVE NO IDEA!”
• That moment in Bastogne where they’re all sitting in a circle making fun of their food and Hinkle
• Everything about Babe Heffron
• Perconte always brushing his teeth
• When the entire company sings Blood on the Risers
• “Bull, smack him for me please?” [soft smack] “Thank you.”
• Mama Lipton. Enough said
• If you get shot in the ass, you get a Hershey bar
• The way Nixon looks at Hitler’s wine cellar
• “I could use some brass knuckles.”
Please feel free to add your favorites on to the list
“I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car, I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick, it even makes me rhyme. I hate the way you’re always right, I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you’re not around, and the fact that you didn’t call. But mostly I hate the way I don’t hate you, not even close… not even a little bit… not even at all.”
Gregory Allen Barnes (left) was a columbine massacre survivor, but shortly after, hung himself in his garage with an electrical cord while listening to Adam’s Song by Blink 182 on repeat. On May 4th 2000 he took his own life after struggling with the depression and aftermath of witnessing the murder of William David Sanders (middle) and his friend, Matthew Joseph Kechter (right), at Columbine High School.
The Newsies Characters as Typical High School People
Jack Kelly is a sports player who also loves theatre, a lot.
Davey is the geek friend of Jack, who’s always tutoring people he may or may not have crushes on.
Katherine writes the school papers, and is the only reason Jack hasn’t done something very stupid yet.
Crutchie is a theatre boy!!
Spot’s been in juvie a couple of times for who knows what. He plays sports but is hella short; he’s used to tackle people in football.
Race is the reckless friend. He’s usually drunk in the school’s bathroom, or he’s flipping a teacher off for a bad grade (Katherine is, once again, the reason he hasn’t been expelled).
Wiesel is the cranky coach of a hell of a lot of sports teams.
Morris and Oscar are the jock brothers. They think they’re cool and probably (definitely) follow dumb trends (Morris loves that backwards-hat thing. Still).
Medda is the music teacher, and puts on the school musicals every year. She makes sure her kids (the Newsies; she’s like a mom to them) don’t do anything very dumb.
Pulitzer is the principal of this high school; he hates Jack, and his friends, and he’s always in need of a coffee.