1. He let his 17 year old child into a sport where every single drop of experience can save a life. After a year of racing in single seaters. Talent or not, this is too early. That’s one reason that would be enough.
2. He was visibly disgusted Max didn’t finish.
3. Re 2., you might think it’s being disgusted with the car. No, it’s with Max because:
a) MAX SAID HIS DAD DID NOT TALK TO HIM FOR A WEEK AFTER HE DIDN’T FINISH A RACE
b) Same interview, Max said his dad was always pushing him, okay that’s partially a good thing, but also that “basically all of his life has been like that” and that “it might be hard to understand”.
4. MAX IS SEVENTEEN.
5. Jos’ career wasn’t a shiny one so as soon as he had a chance to make Max go into F1 he jumped after it.
7. Yes, Max must’ve wanted to go into F1 himself, but after all of his life being literally brainwashed by Jos, and not wanting to disappoint his dad, he turned out to be what he sounds like in interviews - arrogant “I wanna beat all the records” type of guy.
8. Basically nobody would be hurt if they waited for a year more. Except for Marko’s and Tost’s and Jos’ bruised egos that they didn’t get an instant sensation.
I’m sure I forgot something. But I basically have a lot to say. So I hope I said at least the main points.