It’s my lunch so forgive the fast formatting but here we go:
1. Jack’s reason for enlisting is now confirmed to be the Omnic Crisis. Which changes a number of things. In his original backstory, Jack “wanted to return to the family farm after a brief stint in the Army, but was swept up in SEP, where he met Reyes.” But now that that’s gone, this makes Jack more “worldly” and more “motivated to fight for change” in the world. “New” Jack is much bigger, much more global than “original” Jack was. His sights are not set on returning to Indiana - his sights are set on saving humanity.
2. Genji was not in Blackwatch as far as I am aware. What is interesting is that this proves that not all Blackwatch missions were undertaken alone, since Overwatch would have also been involved in his rescue (when know Angela was on-hand or close by). Blackwatch and Overwatch also engage in joint training sessions. We can see that even though Lena is the main focus of the training, someone is monitoring Genji’s systems in the background. This effectively CONFIRMS that - at the very least - Jack Morrison was aware of SOME of the Blackwatch missions.
This also heavily implies that - coupled with the “complaints by the Japanese government about Blackwatch” - Blackwatch was involved in the fall of the Shimada clan.
3. Liao is either entirely scrapped or has been reworked. I personally think it’s the former. They haven’t been mentioned in any comic thus far, and Torb and Rein consider “the old team” to consist of the Strike Team plus Angela.
4. I’m feeling fairly convinced that the promotion angle is getting massively reworked or toned down. Gabriel’s light banter and sass over Jack’s statues, the lack of voicelines around the promotion, the fact that it is LITERALLY never mentioned anywhere outside of the “original” article makes it fairly clear that - at least on the surface - nobody thinks Gabriel is mad about it. Gabriel himself acts nonchalant about the differences in their ranks.
5. Lena’s new timeline is VERY SHORT. Her time as an active agent would have been relegated to the last year of Overwatch’s existence (Present time = 6 years since Fall of Overwatch, Comic takes place “7 years ago”). This means that propaganda/promotional posters like the one in the Hero animation PROBABLY DON’T EXIST. Which is like. Really subtle next level retconning.
1. “They’re not extremists, Gabriel - they’re TERRORISTS.” How relevant. I’m convinced Gabriel and subsequently Reaper are now firmly in the Chaotic Gool-Neutral-Evil alignment. His whole speech about Omnic Rights is FASCINATING for his character because it shows that he is actually sympathetic or understanding of their behaviors on a different level than Reaper previously implied (“Tin cans, a dime a dozen”). This is VERY GOOD. His subtle implication that humanity - specifically the UK - has forgotten the origins of rights and freedoms is MASSIVE for him, and reflecting on that through a “minority being abused and denied rights” (a minority he ACTIVELY FOUGHT AND DEFEATED) is HUGE. This really pushes the theories of Reaper as a “Chaotic Good-Neutral” agent much further, especially if we consider that he may see Talon less as terrorists and more as “extreme anarchists.” This really greatly aligns with Sombra’s whole mortality alignment and Los Muertos’ “ideals.” Gabriel is 100% aware (and self-aware) of the issues.
2. Gabriel almost certainly does not want Blackwatch directly involved in this uprising. His crew is already in hot water, and he has to think about the safety of his agents and their plausible deniability in the face of a UN investigation. Gabriel’s lines about McCree “being on vacation” and “nothing you need to know” reads as him trying to defend McCree in the event something goes awry with the higher ups, while also giving Jack and Ana the ability to deny information as well. This, unfortunately, PUTS A MASSIVE TARGET ON HIM AND HIM ALONE. Gabriel being blamed or implied to be responsible for the fall of Overwatch by other people (namely higher ups) looks more and more realistic and possible.
3. Jack and Gabriel’s relationship (along with their friendship with Ana) is indicated as being deeper and extremely intimate. Things to note: Jack now being the only character to call him “Gabe” (which Sombra references), Jack being able to pull information out of Gabriel even after Gabriel and Ana engaged in some sassy banter, Jack referring to him as “Commander Reyes” in his discussion with Lena, Jack using the picture of the three of them to remind himself of “what’s important.” I’m not gonna say this is confirmation of a full on relationship between them, but they are absolutely close. This, combined with Reaper’s “I know your every move before you even think it” line from Old Soldiers and Reaper calling him “Jack” even after the fallout, is extremely telling. This is not an ordinary relationship between “coworkers.”
4. Jack listening patiently and calmly to Lena’s speech, being reminded of himself and his passions for defending and helping others…is very good. Very good for his character. A little less revolutionary than Gabriel’s speech about Omnics, but good and grounding nonetheless. This also helps humanize his whole “you need to slow down/okay dad” lines with Tracer in the game as more cute and familial than before.
5. The new timeline is BONKERS. HOLY SHIT. So things have started to break down - there’s investigations and complaints against Blackwatch, and growing criticisms against Overwatch. Other people have speculated that Gerárd has recently died based on the news headlines, but what this means is that the collapse of Overwatch happened FAST: within at least a year, Lena has her temporal problems, McCree leaves, Genji leaves, Ana “dies,” Gabriel and Jack have their “falling out,” etc. A YEAR. That’s ridiculously fast for an organization that’s been around for nearly three decades. This certainly implies that the conspiracy that brought Overwatch down was FAST and THOROUGH. Sowing the seeds of discontent quickly and efficiently, almost certainly breaking up the “joint-relationship” between Overwatch and Blackwatch within months. That’s insane.
6. My friend Sami pointed out that Jack’s office is simple and small - not ostentatious or large. He literally has nothing but a desk, a massive monitor, and some shelves in there.
7. Jack being willing to step out of line for “the greater good” makes him complicit in ignoring “orders” or breaking “the law.” This sets up a great parallel between him and Reaper, and other characters like Lúcio, the Junkers, Mei, McCree, and Winston. And we know that the “higher ups” spun this “overstepping his bounds” as forcing Overwatch as a policing agency onto the world. Soldier: 76/Jack not being “respected” for his hard-but-morally-correct decisions lends itself well to his jaded, bitter manner later in life.
These two snippets from the YELL FOR Free!ES & HS! pamphlet had me laughing out loud, so naturally I have to share! Thank you @aliasanonyme for getting this for me! <3
Makoto: The training camps were really something, both last year’s and this years.
Haruka: And we had a joint training camp with Samezuka this year, so they really kicked it up a notch.
Rei: I wouldn’t describe it as “really something”, it’s more like…
Makoto: It was a disaster… an all-boys school can get pretty wild.
Nagisa: But wasn’t it like super fun!? The King’s game plus pillow fight tournament!
Rei: I didn’t expect it to last through the night. We were told off by Amakata-sensei the next day, who said “staying up late is detrimental to beauty!”
Nagisa: It was really funny~! Especially Sou-chan’s order when he was King~!
Nagisa: Awwww c'mon, it’s no big deal? You guys and Rin-chan looked really cute in the photos, y'know~?
Makoto: Don’t even think about showing them to anyone else!
Ai: In which case, speaking of traditions, the cultural festival’s…
Rin: Hey! Sto-, stop right there, Ai…!
Momo: Yeah, Ai-senpai! For next month’s cultural festival, I’m totally against the swimming club’s tradition of holding a Maid Cafe from Hell!! I don’t wanna wear a maid uniform-!! I wanna be a butler like the third years-!!
Ai: What are you talking about, Momo-kun? Look at me, it’ll be my second time dressing like that. Besides, Those maid uniforms were designed and redesigned by all our senpais from years past, they are the gems of their labor soaked in their sweat and tears…!
Momo: That makes it even worse-!
Sousuke: So what you mean is, Rin also wore the maid uniform when he was in second year.
Nitori: Oh, would you like to see? Rin-senpai was really amazing last year…!
Rin: Don’t you dare! Anyaway, why would you have those pictures? I’m so sure I’ve deleted all the data…!
Ai: Hehehe, amateur mistake, Rin-senpai. I took some pictures with a film camera as well.
Rin: Film…!? Shit, why didn’t I think of it…
Sousuke: Ai, develop one of those pictures for me, it sounds like fun.
Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Hostage Rescue Team. Law Enforcement’s Tier 1 Counter-Terrorism unit.
The FBI Hostage Rescue Team (HRT) is the counter-terrorism and hostage rescue unit of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The HRT is trained to rescue American citizens and allies who are held hostage by hostile forces, usually terrorists and/or criminals. The Hostage Rescue Team was founded in 1982 by Danny Coulson, former Deputy Assistant Director of the FBI, and completed its final certification exercise in October 1983.
It was originally composed of 50 operators. However, this number has since increased to well over 90 full-time operators. The HRT commonly functions as a high-level national SWAT team in extremely sensitive or dangerous situations. Today, it is part of the Tactical Support Branch of the FBI’s Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG) and is based at the FBI Academy at the Quantico Marine Corps Base, in Stafford County, Virginia.
The primary roles of the HRT are hostage rescue and counter-terrorism. Secondary roles of the HRT include:
- Apprehending barricaded subjects - Executing helicopter operations and rescue missions - Executing mobile assaults - Performing high-risk raids, searches, arrests, and warrants - Coordinating manhunt and rural operations - Providing force protection for FBI personnel overseas
To a lesser extent, the HRT may deploy teams or individual operators to act as snipers, or to provide protective service details for certain high-profile federal witnesses or dignitaries. Teams provide support for missions overseas and support Joint Terrorism Task Forces. Teams at home and abroad perform typical law enforcement activities, such as making arrests, processing scenes for evidence recovery, and testifying in court.
The HRT has provided traditional law enforcement during hurricane relief operations, tactical surveys, and special events such as the Olympic Games, presidential inaugurations, and political conventions.
Prospective HRT operators are selected based upon their background and experience, as well as their demonstrated performance during the HRT selection course. The rigorous two-week selection process includes long-distance runs, forced marches, obstacle courses, and other tests of physical and mental stamina. Throughout the entire selection process, candidates are evaluated on their ability to think under pressure and to perform while physically exhausted. After a six-month initial training period known as “New Operator Training School” (“NOTS”), they are headquartered at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia. Both the selection course and NOTS are near mirror images of the 1st SFOD-D (“Delta Force”) selection and training courses, with some minor adjustments for mission differences. Experienced HRT operators assigned to observer/sniper teams are sent to the United States Marine Corps Scout Sniper Basic Course. After successfully completing the course, they receive further instruction from HRT snipers. Maritime platoon operators are sent to a variety of maritime special operations courses, including Phase II of U.S. Navy BUD/S at Naval Amphibious Base, Coronado, California. HRT operators receive other specialized interoperability training from various U.S. Special Operations Command entities. HRT operators also conduct training with Allied nation counter-terrorism units such as the British SAS and German GSG-9.
When not operationally deployed, the HRT conducts full-time training for its members at various sites across the country. Two to three hours each day are set aside for physical training, a defensive tactics session, and combative training. One day a week is devoted to maintaining either perishable skills (such as fast roping, breaching, and photography) or specialized skills (such as mobile assaults, manhunt and rural operations), maritime operations, helicopter operations, parachuting, weapons of mass destruction training (provided by the United States Department of Energy), and cold weather operations. Three days are spent honing sniping or close quarters combat skills on the various training ranges available to the team. Biweekly, one day is allotted for gear maintenance. Discretionary time to be used by team leaders is built into the schedule. During a routine week of training, it is not unusual for HRT operators to fire 1,000 rounds of ammunition to keep their shooting skills honed. Every 12 to 18 months, the HRT also participates in at least one major combined exercise that may involve a variety of governmental entities, such as the FBI and the departments of Defense, State, Energy, and Homeland Security.
Three teams rotate through three 120-day cycles: training, operations, and support. During the training cycle, the team refreshes its skills and takes part in exercises, attends other courses, or trains with foreign and domestic units. During the operations cycle, the team is available for deployment (domestic or foreign). During the support cycle, the team works on special projects, maintains the HRT’s equipment, and conducts research.
The HRT is known to conduct joint training exercises and participate in exchange programs with US military units such as the US Army’s Combat Applications Group (otherwise known as 1st SFOD-D or Delta Force) or the U.S. Navy’s DEVGRU. The HRT routinely trains with other federal tactical teams such as the DEA’s FAST Team, the United States Border Patrol’s BORTAC unit or the United States Capitol Police’s CERT. Occasionally the HRT trains with French GIGN, British SAS and Special Boat Service, Irish Garda ERU, the Australian SAS, German GSG 9, and other international units. In addition to the HRT’s own facilities, the HRT routinely uses private and 1st SFOD-D Delta Force shoot houses and ranges. The HRT has also been known to train at Camp Peary and Harvey Point.
I LOVE YOUR BLOG AND YOUR ART ❤️❤️ Hehehe so obviously I love all your posts but I saw one you reblogged ages ago, a YouTube link to BNHA training of the dead? That looks AMAZING! Is it a film or something?! ❤️❤️❤️
Heya!! Thank you so much!!
You’re talking about the 2nd OVA, Training of the Dead! It’s an OVA bundled together with Volume 14 as a special version. It was released on June 2 I think. So for those who had purchased the special version of Volume 14, they also get the 2nd OVA.
(The 1st OVA is the one shown in Jump Festa titled Rescue Training)
There’s actually a download for it floating somewhere… no subtitles yet though, so it’s in raw Japanese. Hopefully a translation group picks it up!
As a summary of the 2nd OVA, class 1-A had a special joint Survival Training with Isamu Highschool, where Tsuyu’s friend Mongoose is studying.
They’re separated into groups of 4 and they have to defeat everybody else. It’s a Battle Royale!
Things get a little complicated though because one of the students from Isamu Highschool has a “Zombie Virus” Quirk!!!!!! And he turned everyone into zombies!!!!
It’s hilarious! Hopefully it will be translated soon!
Yuuri’s back thumped against the wall as Victor smashed their lips together again, a startled breath leaving him in between wet kisses. Victor hummed in apology, but continued on, twining his fingers into the hairs at the back of Yuuri’s head and pulling at it gently to tilt his head to the side. His other hand found its way beneath his jersey and shirt, his nails scrapping across the soft skin of Yuuri’s tummy. Yuuri moaned in protest.
“Victor, we have to stop.”
Victor trailed light kisses down Yuuri’s jaw. “We have a bit more time, relax.”
“Victor-” Yuuri’s protests left him with a hard suck on his neck. Victor smirked and licked and suckled at the abused skin while pulling Yuuri’s shirt up until his fingers found-
“Oh my god.”
Yuuri pushed him away so fast Victor couldn’t even react properly. They both turned their heads to find Yuri entering the locker room, a grimace firmly on his face. “You two are beyond disgusting. Why here of all places? Do that at home!”
Victor sighed. There goes his ‘heavy make-out session in the locker room’ plan. Stupid Yurio.
Yuuri smiled at Yuri apologetically while frantically trying to righten his clothes. “I’m sorry, we got carried away.”
“I’m not sorry,” Victor mumbled, shifting slightly in an attempt to hide his boner.
“Victor, shut up.”
“Ew.” Yuri still had the disgusted look firmly in place. “Just, ew. It’s like catching your parents having sex or something.”
“Yurioooo, don’t be so grumpy, we were just kissing.”
Yuri’s eye twitched. “Stop calling me that! And I saw where your hands were, which I never wanted to see, ever, so don’t bullshit me.”
Victor was ready to say something, but halted when a hand grabbed him firmly by the elbow. Yuuri gave him a warning look before turning back to Yuri with a hesitant smile. “Is Yakov in yet?”
“Yeah, he sent me here to look for you guys, said something about joint training.”
Yuuri nodded and made his way to his bag, pulling on his skates once he was sitting. “We’ll be right out, you can go back to the rink.”
Yuri crossed his arms. “I’m staying here. I’m not letting you defile this place.”
“Too late for that,” Victor sang while skipping past him, mimicking Yuuri in getting ready.
Yuri’s whole body twitched. “You didn’t.”
Victor just winked in response while tying up his laces.
Yuuri smacked at Victor’s shoulder before he could say anything else. “Stop that. You’re so getting it when we get home today.”
Victor’s eyes practically sparkled. “Looking forward to it.”
Welcome to high altitude. If you wonder whether HALO drops are as cool as they make it out to be in the movies… it is. And it takes a special kind to hurl headlong to the ground from such dizzying heights. I’ve got the stick, boys, don’t let the ramp hit you in the ass on your way out!
Limited edition merchandise being release for Jump Shop x Haikyu!! Joint Volleyball Training Camp(?). I believe they had an event like this last year too, but I’m not sure of the exact translation of the name. (Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong about this.)
But!!! The most important thing is the last photo I cropped!!! The hangers! Bokuto’s smile will always get to me, but I’m not imagining it, right?! Akaashi’s smiles are so rare that I had to double back to make sure it was him!
oh my god that was perfect!! can i request the small and affectionate s/o roasting their bullies, but for rei, aoba, wataru, and izumi?? thank you!! 💕💕💖💟❤ you're my favorite enstars imagine blog!! love you! 💘
aaaah we’re so glad to be your favorite !!!!!!! love you too ♥ ♥ i see you a lot in our inbox and it feels so nice to see the same people often !! here you go, part 3 of the small s/o roasting bullies !! and don’t worry, i’m working on your matchup too ♥ - mod mademoiselle
with Rei isn’t exactly the most relaxing activity you could have. Should you
take him out during the day, he’ll essentially behave like a vampire on the
brink of death. Besides, he doesn’t exactly go unnoticed : he’s tall and he has
eccentric looks and mannerisms…
absolutely love him for who he is, but sometimes you forget he’s a bit…
unusual. People often stare, but they generally don’t do anything more, and
that’s for the best. You don’t think you’d take it lightly if they did anything
to your boyfriend…
day was different. You were out with Rei on a date, enjoying yourself and
laughing happily at his every joke and comment. He was holding your hand on the
café’s table, and everything was going perfectly well. Until you heard what the
group of guys seated behind you were saying.
making fun of your boyfriend, and pretty loudly at that. They didn’t seem to
care if any of you could hear them, laughing and mocking Rei’s looks and
habits. You were wondering if you had to intervene, but Rei looked as relaxed
as usual. Maybe he didn’t hear them… ? You kept the conversation going, hoping
he wouldn’t notice.
rude assholes behind you were talking much louder now, frequently looking at
you to check if any of you were mad yet. Rei was acting as though nothing happened.
As suave as ever… You had just decided to follow his lead when they started
insulting your boyfriend, and your resolve snapped.
You got up
and started roasting them, furious they’d make fun of your boyfriend just
because he looks eccentric. They got quiet all of a sudden and just stared at
you. They definitely weren’t expecting the sweet person their victim was on a
date with to start insulting them…
starting to stare, but you didn’t care : you kept going, slapping the rude
bullies with the truth. They were making fun of your boyfriend, huh ? Well,
maybe that was because he was kind and sweet enough to actually have a date.
Very much unlike a certain group of rude assholes, who couldn’t help but make
people feel bad about themselves just because they’re jealous.
observed you the entire time, smirking lightly. He looked pretty unfazed about
the whole thing, but gently put his hand on your arm when he noticed a waiter
was coming your way. “That’s quite enough”, he said audibly, and all the
customers who were looking your way turned back.
the waiter had seen the entire thing and came to apologize for the rude guys’
behavior, explaining they were regulars here and they often did that. He
arranged to have them out of the café and got you free cake as an apology !
exactly comment on what you did, but he was looking at you proudly for the
entire day. He was about to deal with the situation himself, actually, but was
really happy you stood up for him. It just showed you care about him, and
that’s not exactly an unpleasant situation…
Wataru is essentially an emotional roller coaster. You never how he’s going to
react or what’s going to happen, because he’s always surprising you with
reactions you wouldn’t have thought of. But hey, that’s why you love him !
doing great things and getting invited here or there. Of course, since you’re
dating him, he always takes you along ! This one time, he was joining other
theater clubs in the region for a joint practice. They were planning to have a
big performance together, using the fact that idols would be part of it as an
pretty excited about the situation, not only because he’d be spreading the word
about Yumenosaki Academy, but also simply because it sounded fun ! He spent a
lot of time working on the script for the performance with some other theater
club leaders, and you knew for sure he was pretty happy when the day of the
joint training finally came.
And yet you
got disappointed pretty quickly. Most of the students were nice, but there was
another club president there, and he was bullying absolutely everyone : his own
underclassmen, the other people here… Tomoya was completely unsuited to theater,
according to him, and he even found faults in Hokuto’s perfect performance !
But of course, Wataru wouldn’t let him ruin his fun…
boyfriend started to arrange for funny “accidents” or mishaps to happen every
single time the annoying guy was bullying someone. A live chicken would come
out of nowhere to attack him, a part of the set would fall right on him, his
trousers would rip right when he was on stage… The only problem was, with Wataru’s
flamboyant behavior, the other guy quickly understood he was the one making all
humiliating Wataru in front of everyone, apparently delighted at the thought
that everyone would see it. But you wouldn’t take it : he ruined your
boyfriend’s fun and now he was trying to ruin his reputation ? He’d better be
ready to taste your wrath !
room fell silent when you got up on stage and slapped him. Mind you, it was a
real, actual slap, not the fake ones Wataru was so fond of. You started
defending your boyfriend and roasting the bully in front of everyone, not even
letting him interrupt you. Only once you deemed he had enough did you stop to
take time to breathe.
everyone started to applaud you. The bully was so angry he left on the spot,
and everyone was so relieved you and Wataru had stood up to him ! Wataru just
winked at you to thank you for your impromptu reaction, and quickly went back
on stage to replace the bully as the new head of the project.
Wataru greatly enjoyed the situation : he saw you flying right as his rescue,
after all ! And there’s nothing he loves more than when you surprise him. He’s
keeping that in the back of his mind and you can be sure he’ll try to repay the
favor someday, preferably when you’re least expecting it !
boyfriend is the Library Committee chairman, he often spends after-class hours in the library, watching over the room and making sure no one makes a
fuss. You took the habit to stay with him there and spend nice, peaceful
afternoons, quietly reading or studying by his side.
the two of you almost have the entire library for yourselves : it’s not like the
school’s main focus is on academics… Sometimes a few people come, but
either they’re just looking for a book in particular or they want a quiet place
to study. Or nap, sometimes. As long as they’re not making noise, Tsumugi
generally lets them do as they please.
you were reading along with Tsumugi, resting against him when you heard sudden
noise and agitation coming from a corner of the room. Your boyfriend was about
to get up and investigate, but the offenders quickly got quiet, so you just
smiled at him and kept reading.
enough, it became apparent that they had no intention of keeping quiet. They
were laughing and shouting, and this time Tsumugi decided to go and tell them
off. You went with him, holding his hand in yours : you know he has a
peaceful personality and hates conflict…
gently explained they were disrupting everyone else’s concentration and that
the library was a place of calm and study. The group of students, however, didn’t
look like the type to like calm or study at all. It looked to you as if they
just wanted a warm place to hang out after classes. It wasn’t the first time a
situation like that happened, and you were trusting your boyfriend to resolve
guys had other plans. They started picking on Tsumugi, asking what he’d do if
they just refused to comply. Your boyfriend started to stutter, visibly nervous
about that confrontation. They kept going, this time making fun of him,
insulting him and even stealing his glasses. When they got up and started to
push him around, you couldn’t help but step up.
hiding behind Tsumugi the entire time, so they didn’t really pay attention to
you, but now that you were walking up to them and roasting them, they sure
noticed you. A few of them even got quiet. You made sure to put them back in
their place, yanking your boyfriend’s glasses from the hands of the guy who was
playing with them. Everyone in the library was looking at you, and the dudes
were obviously uncomfortable with that outcome.
as they noticed everyone was staring at them in disapproval, they just left.
Besides, you didn’t seem like you’d make things easy for them. You just stood
there, hands on your hips, as you watched them leave the library. You only went
back to where you were sitting when you were sure they wouldn’t be coming back.
very flustered about the whole situation and thanked you at least a million
times, stating he didn’t know what he’d be doing without you. You’re just glad
you were here to help your boyfriend out, especially when you know he’s so kind
and gentle to people…
personality of his, it’s no wonder Izumi gets into trouble sometimes. And yet
you came to love his arrogant side too ! You love every single part of him,
after all, and this one is no exception !
a lot of modelling jobs and is fairly well-known in the industry, and he always
brings you along. Maybe it’s because you’ve been working as his producer, or
because you date him, or just because he wants to keep an eye on you at all
times ? You don’t quite know… It’s also possible that he just wants to show off
in front of you. That boy, really…
in a lot of sets, with a lot of different photographers and themes, and yet
you don’t think you’re ever going to get tired of watching Izumi modelling. He’s
so goddamn perfect in front of a camera ! Well, he’s always perfect actually, but still
! It’s always a pleasure for the eyes. You can’t exactly say the people who
work with him are as delighted as you however…
One day, he
got asked to model together with another guy. They didn’t specify who it was
going to be, but you faintly knew Izumi wouldn’t be pleased regardless. On the
day of the photoshoot, it became clear that you had underestimated the
situation : it turned out that the guy in question was one of Izumi’s rivals.
You asked your boyfriend to try and be as professional as he could, but he told
you he had no intention to lose to his rival.
being as abrasive as ever, and the other guy sure didn’t like that. During
breaks or inbetween shoots, he’d belittle Izumi and insult him. Your boyfriend
pointedly ignored him, but you felt your own patience being tested.
followed Izumi in his lodge to make fun of you instead, claiming you were so
tame and Izumi really was tasteless, you knew Izumi’s berserk button had been
pushed. Out of nowhere, he started rushing to the guy and tried hitting him,
and that’s the moment you chose to intervene.
your boyfriend behind you, you started roasting the guy, telling him that
belittling Izumi wasn’t going to make up for his own lack of talent. He tried
to talk back but you cut him off and didn’t stop until you deemed he had
away soon enough, glaring at you. That was not a fight he wanted to get into :
you were two against him, and two fiery opponents at that. You asked if Izumi
was okay, and it took all of his composure not to snap at you, instead
remarking you didn’t have to intervene and he could have managed well enough on
very protective during the rest of the day though, making sure you were doing
fine and everyone was being nice to you. He didn’t really tell you, but you
just know he’s worried about you. Even though he appreciates you standing up to
him and preventing him to do things he might regret later, he really wants to
protect you and avoid you being in such situations in the first place. Given
how you’re also very protective of him, the two of you are a very well-matched
1. The protagonist is constantly blushing. Like it’s literally part of his character model.
2. It’s one of the those sports animes where your beautiful protagonist doesn’t realize that THEIR TEAM IS THE VILLAIN TEAM (see: Haikyuu!!). It’s your teammates that are the terrifying af crazy-eyes in all black tracksuits scaring the shit out of the other feel-good teams at the joint training camps and inter-highs. In the front of which is this sprinting, blue-eyed happy-go-lucky main character that is just delighted that he gets to play on such a wonderful team.
3. You know those characters that communicate their sports and life logic only through shitty sound effects? (see: Hinata Shouyo & Kotaro Bokuto) In DAYS, that’s your terror of a team captain. He’s a stoic, cold-hearted, tunnel-visioned leader that makes other regional teams’ captains weep bitterly into their pillows at night whose only advice during training is “your foot has to go ‘boof’ more”
4. There is constantly great shit going on in the background. Like, cool side characters are nice, but cool side characters madly scaling a chain link fence in the background of a regular conversation in a desperate bid to reign in their injured sports-hungry captain is even better. Important monologue happening? Better have a high school girl soundlessly shouting at you behind that window.
5. Speaking of, you know the stuck-up prodigy character that all sports animes have to contrast against the main character’s inept, bumbling, warm-hearted approach to the game? In DAYS, the prodigy is that blonde lady killer that looks like a Pantene ad loafing around in all the promo art. And he loves the main character. Not in a tsundere, reluctant admiration way, but he genuinely beats the shit out of people for being mean to the protagonist and laments to himself at how bad a friend he is and thinks of ways he can apologize. He’s ornery and lazy and a bit of a jerk, but he’s not socially incompetent or a clueless asshole, and frankly that’s refreshing. Also he has inexplicably nice hair.
6. The token female manager that’s always such a tragically unfulfilled character? She’s amazing. She’s aggressive, polished and social with realistic philosophical problems, and she’s incredibly intelligent in general and loves literature and writing. Her internal monologues are some of the most profound discussions in the whole show. She also bullies the hell out of the protagonist, and takes absolutely no shit from anyone because why should she? She’s beautiful and already has friends and you’re in her way. Move.
7. Finally, the animation of the whole show is shockingly well done. When I first ran into DAYS I avoided the hell out of it, because there have been a wealth of shoddily-adapted sports animes these last few summers after Free! and KuroBasu’s success. But even the opening sequence is nice, the art is clean and pleasing, and the camera angles and details (both literal and in content) are just enjoyable.
So there you have it! If you haven’t given DAYS a try, you can find it on Crunchyroll with minimal ads. It’s full of gems like the stuff I listed above and is super, super worth your time to at least check out–so get to it! Summer’s almost done!
U.S. Army Soldiers with the 2nd Cavalry Regiment conducting an urban warfare exercise as soldiers with
the 4th Infantry Regiment and Louisiana Army National Guard play as Opposing Forces as part of Exercise Allied Spirit IV at the 7th Army Joint Multinational Training Command’s Hohenfels Training Area, Germany, Jan. 27, 2016.
Paratroopers jump out of a Nevada Air National Guard C-130H Hercules while conducting airborne training at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska, April 13, 2017. The Soldiers assigned to 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, U.S. Army Alaska, belong to the only American airborne brigade in the Pacific and are trained to execute airborne maneuvers in extreme cold weather/high altitude environments in support of combat, partnership and disaster relief operations. (U.S. Air Force photo by Alejandro Pena)