Johnny Weir is such a blessing. And Joe Johnson. I love the Yuri On Ice fandom and how it’s touched people. Joe Johnson tweeted himself wearing a JJ shirt for birthday today and Johnny Weir tweeted that he was listening to the soundtrack. Oh and on Instagram he recorded himself skating AGAPE. Like, thanks guys, you just made my night!
Note: I just came across this twitter account. Apparently, his real one (tenchittaphon) has been long deactivated but this one (TNTChittaphon) copied most of his tweets so people are saying 90% of the tweets (in this account) are still Ten’s.
It almost became a broadcasting incident since they really weren’t sure they could make it or not at the time. Previously, Fuji TV staff (broadcaster of Countdown) had rehearsed the route from NHK hall to Tokyo Dome over and over and they made it in plenty of time, so they were confident that the journey’s possible. They even told Arashi to leave the outfits at the Dome but since Arashi are worrywarts they asked to leave the outfit in the car (the two tweets differ on whether they actually got to bring it on the car with them or not) But when Arashi tried the route that night, they got stuck about 2 traffic lights before Tokyo Dome. Nino: ‘There was some sort of lane inspection or something’. The staff told them that TOKIO has already started Sorafune which is part of the medley Arashi will be singing in. They were also told that it’ll take another 3 minutes to get there. And they were like, ‘no way, there’s still two traffic lights to go through’. So Matsujun shouted: ‘We’re getting down!’ and the rest of Arashi: ‘Roger!’ . They got down and did a 400m dash to Tokyo Dome wearing Aiba’s blouson. People on the streets and fans waiting outside the Dome saw them, and went ‘It’s Arashi!’, ‘Good luck!’. Sho: ‘Ain’t nobody got time for that!!!’. No fans nor security guards tried to stop them and they made it just in time. So if you ever feel like watching Countdown again, they weren’t kidding when they said they made it.
So yeah, this is Arashi come New Year’s Eve. All to make us (or maybe Johnny’s execs) happy.
1. First of all, OH MY GOD JOHNNY WEIR. MAY I PLEASE COMBUST NOW.
2. Lol, Johnny Weir becoming such a fan of Yuri!!! on Ice gives me so much life. It feels like only yesterday when we saw how he discovered YOI and live tweeted it
3. and people were just like, “OMFG JOHNNY WEIR IS LIVE TWEETING YOI IS THIS THE REAL LIFE”
4. and I kind of remember dying at the time, too. Idk why I am alive enough to write this now.
5. Johnny Weir looks more fabulous than me like wtf
6. Johnny Weir’s eyelashes are curlier than mine LIKE WTF
7. “I’m an original…” – My brain. Legit short-circuited. It just took me back. Yes. Yes, Johnny, you are. You have always been that iconic, original and artistic skater that no figure skating related project can ignore. There will always be an homage to you and not even YOI was an exemption and. I. Am. Crying. Oh my God.
8. “Well, I think like everybody else, I’m really in love with Viktor Nikiforov. Whenever he says, ‘Vkusno!’ or ‘Amazing!’ we all just melt into little puddles.” – Lol, every day is proof to me that I am the only YOI fan who isn’t in love with Viktor. I may have everything backwards here because I relate with Viktor and I am head over heels for Yuuri. Is it really that odd? (I have been told yes.) Am I really alone in this? Because now I just feel lonely. =/
9. “[Yuuri] struggles, he works hard, he struggles and then rises up to create magic for the rest of the world… and he’s super cute!” – THIS is where I melted into a puddle. Yes, Yuuri is all these things and he is really, really cute!!!
10. “My favourite scene from Yuri!!! on Ice was definitely when we realise as the viewers that Viktor loved Yuuri before Yuuri loved Viktor. We see it when they were drunk at the after-party that he was so in love with him and so into him; everyone wants a romantic love story like that.”
I’ll just be right here in my corner. Crying. Drowning in a vat of my tears. 💔