DGM/Elfen Lied AU 2: -Black Order Experiments- ((something like the 2nd Exorcist project))
Johnny is the unfortunately too sensible scientist who lets Allen out and as Allen is wiping off all the staff, he stumbles upon Kanda, who of course, has never in his life held a sniper rifle.
Johnny, being the nice person he is, stands in front of Allen to protect him and Allen gets a little too cheeky to mess with Kanda, ((Imagine Kanda clumsily trying to aim at Allen as he grabs Johnny, and Kanda goes like “just trust me” to which Johnny answers “I do but only if you´re holding a sword, not a gun!”)) who shoots him anyway.
Allen is kind of pissed at this point and fucks Kanda a little bit up - problem is, Kanda was one of the previous experiments that only obtained the regeneration and no psychic mumbo jumbo like Allen (or maybe just his original Innocence)…
Disc 1 1. The Insanity Principle: How Extremism in Politics is Threatening Democracy in the 21st Century 2. Playing Politics: Living Life in the Shadow of the Budget Shutdown - A Critique Disc 2 5. Back to Work: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Congress and How it Gets Things Done (And Often Doesn’t) 7. The Power of Euphemism: How Torture Became a Matter of Debate in American Politics Disc 3 8. The Path to War Part One: The Gathering Political Storm 9. Taking on Water: How Leaks in D.C. are Discovered and Patched 10. The Path to War Part Two: The Impact of Propaganda on Congressional War Votes Disc 4 11. Six Points on the New Congressional Budget: The False Dichotomy of Austerity vs. Expansionary Policies 13. The End of All We Hold Dear: What Happens When Democracies Fail: A Brief Synopsis
*Note: these are all of the deleted scenes included on the DVDs, there were not deleted scenes for every single episode.
- Prior to the Level 4 attack, there were entire rooms filled with equipment that no one knew how to use or was really sure what its purpose was, because it was all more than 50 years old and the last person to use any of it retired over a decade ago.
- Most of the work done by the scientists at the Order is so specialized than even the other scientists don’t completely understand the projects they don’t work on.
- As a result of this, Johnny was the only person who really knew how to work with the materials that make up the Exorcist uniforms. When he announced he was leaving, there was a mad rush over a couple of days to get someone else trained how to do it so the Exorcists wouldn’t have to go into battle in their underclothes.
- There used to be a program in the Science Department trying to develop a vaccine to the Akuma virus. They got as far as culturing the virus outside of Akuma, but had major issues with containment and a lot of the scientists working on it were killed as a result. When Komui took over, it was one of the programs he shut down, claiming that the risks to his personnel were too high to justify continuing it. The bigger reason was because he was terrified Central might try to weaponize the virus.
- The Level 4 attack was absolutely devastating for the Science Department. Beyond the obvious issue of loss of personnel, the reagents and equipment that was destroyed set projects back decades.
- The attack also meant that they lost all of data and records that were in lab 5. The destruction causes a large number of chemical spills and allowed them to combine in dangerous ways. Komui declared that area that used to be lab 5 a toxic hazard zone. Once everyone was evacuated, nobody was allowed back in to try to recover stuff.
-The Science Department has the highest rates of intra-Order marriages out of all the different sections and the only has had children come from these marriages. Some of it is the Science department is relatively safe and has high retention rates, so people have longer to get to know each other. But some of it is also the strange propensity for scientists to marry other scientists.