This blog has mostly just been about workouts, but here is a bit more about me!
1. Share something that you enjoy doing when you’re alone. Lots and lots of dancing.
2. What do you plan to eat next? Nothing! No, whatever for breakfast. Yogurt and toast?
3. When did you first travel on a plane? Where did you go? Long before I can remember. I know we flew from West Virginia to New York City when I was 3, but I’d likely flown before that.
4. Do you currently have a crush on someone? If so, share a few of the reasons why. Yes! (Finally!) He’s a sweet, kind, and punny guy, with a good head on his shoulders, and adorable to boot! I can be 100% myself around him. He respects my shameful enjoyment of Nickelback circa ‘02-'05. Plus he showed me where I can get $3 pints of beer and play foosball within walking (okay, probably running) distance from my apartment. The kid had me at foosball, but then he had to add $3 beer.
5. List one thing that disgusts you that probably wouldn’t bother someone else. Mustard. Mustard is inexplicably disgusting to me. I don’t want to see it, I don’t want to smell it, and I really don’t want to touch it. Olives and mayo are right behind it.
6. If you could buy a new car tomorrow (and money was no object) what would you buy? A hybrid something. Do they make a Mazda 3 Hybrid? I like the Mazda 3 a lot. Maybe I’d find a model of my first car, a 1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo. I loved that thing. Or maybe a Vespa?
7. Who was the first person who broke your heart? My dad? A former best friend? Sure it was a friend before a guy.
8. If you could spend the night with a celebrity tonight, who would it be? Sexually? Ewan McGregor, Jason Segel, Paul Rudd, or Hamish Linklater. As besties? Anna Kendrick, Kristen Bell, Katy Perry, Casey WIlson. To be given gifts through osmosis? Audra McDonald, Julie Andrews, Laura Linney, some of the above.
9. Are you a morning person or a night person? Both, but it depends on the circumstances.
10. What’s your favorite board game? Cranium!
11. Can you play an instrument? If so, what do you play? Trombone, piano, guitar, ukulele, melodica, autoharp. Rudimentary cello, trumpet, flute, and clarinet skills.
12. What is the last thing you ate? A brown sugar cinnamon pop tart. I make poor choices sometimes. The rest of the box will be mailed to my BFF in Ithaca.
13. Do you wear a watch? Nope.
14. Do you go to church? Not voluntarily.
15. Do you ever wish on stars? No.
16. Have you ever been on a motorcycle? No.
17. What is the last thing you purchased? Dinner. But before that, a branded shirt for my new job.
18. How big is your bed? Full.
19. What size shoe do you wear? 11. (cries giant-footed tears)
20. What are you looking forward to most in the coming week? Getting back on the road for some runs, and spending time with my friends at the Tribeca Film Festival and Carnegie Hall on Saturday!
I have spent a good portion of the last 24 hours just reading blogs and message boards.
I’m not sure whether or not that was good or bad. But I feel much more educated, and I think I will be using the Higdon Novice 1 plan, perhaps modifying it a bit, if I feel something is lacking. Yay! A plan!
I realized that I have an extra week built in, thank God, in case of illness or mild injury. Like I said in the last post, I started yesterday, and perhaps will run a speedy two tomorrow. That’s not in the plan, but no harm.