Join Paul Hildebrandt (Director, ‘Fight for Space’) and Rich Evans (PR, Outreach Coordinator) at George Washington University on May 4, 2015 to kick off the Humans 2 Mars Summit!
Sponsored by Endeavorist.org and presented by Explore Mars, Inc., this event is free and open to the public, where we’ll be premiering exclusive footage from the film, and discussing key themes ‘Fight for Space’ expands upon.
- Charles Bolden (NASA Administrator, Astronaut)
- Kent Rominger (VP - Orbital ATK, Astronaut)
- John Grunsfeld (NASA Associate Administrator - Science Mission Directorate, Astronaut)
- James Garvin (NASA Chief Scientist, GSFC)
- Pamela Conrad (NASA Deputy PI for Mars Curiosity, GSFC)
- Joe Cassady (Executive Director - Aerojet Rocketdyne)
- Emily Briere (Founder/Mission Director - Time Capsule to Mars)
#h2m2015 is a comprehensive Mars exploration conference that addresses the major technical, scientific, and policy challenges of getting humans to Mars, as well as how such missions can have positive impacts on STEM education, American Competitiveness and other important collateral issues.
‘Fight for Space’ is a documentary film that explains the economic and cultural benefits of human space exploration by examining the historical political events that have led to the decline of NASA’s budget since 1968, its struggle to return to the Moon, and their long-term effort to send humans to Mars. With a notable cast of interviewees ‘Fight for Space’ presents viewpoints from astronauts, space policy legislators, space entrepreneurs, industry leaders, scientists, and science communicators, the film addresses where we’ve been, where we’re going, and how we’re getting there. View all press here, and the trailer below:
#fightforspace | #h2m2015 | #mars2015