I just needed to comfort myself right now; and the following did quite well.
If there is no elaborate plan behind it all and this is how “Sherlock” should end, I swear, I NEED some fucking answers to the following questions:
- Why “All the best secret organisations have acronyms.” (TST)?
- Why confirming the drink code (TLD)?
- Why repeatedly stating that conspirators are right (THoB, TEH, The Geek Interpreter case, TAB)?
- What was the elephant in the room about?
- Why confirming that Sherlock Holmes needs romantic entanglement to be complete as a human being (TLD)?
- Why confirming that Sherlock Holmes is no high-functioning sociopath at all, but all about emotions (TLD) if it doesn’t matter anyway, because Eurus teaches him (and Mary the audience) that all those things don’t really matter (TFP)?
- What was so “beautiful” about it?
- Why all the allusions to Oscar Wilde, his trial, Billy Wilder, John Locke and Shakespeare’s Sonett 59?
- What was “The Geek Interpreter” even about?
- Why make TST twice with massive similarities - on John’s blog and for an episode?
- Why did they put the actress of the little girl from ASiB to TFP in order to play the second little Eurus?
- Didn’t they care at all that their finale was leaked? Twice? Within one day?
- Why the parallels to The Ring and Saw (TFP) if not for parody?
- Why making Eurus and Moriarty explicitly queer (TFP) if not to tell us that something is fucky?
- Why this whole ridiculousness of TFP?
- What was even the point in making this show if it was created to “correct everybody else”? What did they correct?