- It’s finished. No waiting on episodes, they’re all there.
- It’s wrapped up after 5 seasons in a way that makes sense; it wasn’t cancelled.
- It’s science-fiction. Packed with mystery, unexplained occurrences and all the other stuff that make your curiosity perk up.
- It’s created by JJ Abrams, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Bryan Burk and J.H. Wyman. Some of these you might know from making the Star Trek reboot or the sci-fi TV show “Almost Human”.
- Main character is a female. She’s an FBI agent. She isn’t sexualized. She isn’t masculine. She isn’t a cliché. She isn’t made fun of for being a female agent. She is actually very intelligent and very appreciated by her co-workers.
- Her boss is a male POC.
- Another female agent is a POC as well.
- John Noble. The ‘mad scientist’ of the show.
- Leonard Nimoy. Yep. He’s a recurring character.
- Sebastian Roché and Jared Harris. Also, Blair Brown.
- Parallel universe!
- The love stor(ies) that happen don’t reduce anyone to a love interest.
- David Bowie references. (You’ll spot them, trust me)
- Cases of the week + serialisation
- Have I mentioned the fact that the characters aren’t a cliché?
- Freaky stuff. You’ll love it. It might freak you out but you’ll love it.
According to El Universal in Mexico, Rupert has accepted a part in the film Silence opposite John Noble (Lord of the Rings, Elementary, Sleepy Hollow, etc. etc. etc.). which will start filming on July 31st near Gomez Palacio and Monterrey in Mexico.
film is set in the “Zone of Silence” between Durango, Chihuahua and
Coahuila, where electronic devices don’t work and which some myths say
is an extraterrestrial base. John Noble will play the grandfather of a
family that runs into problems there. He is also a respected scientist
and Rupert plays his apprentice who has studied the place.
of the film will be in English, with the rest in Spanish. It’s got a
tiny budget ($2m USD) but Rupert and John both are doing it because
they’re interested in the project.