1. Elliott Smith: Waltz #2 (Xo) (listening to this right now while typing this. I have a thing for waltzes. I have discovered E. Smith only very recently)
2. Florence + the Machine: Ship to Wreck (while making this list, I realized the similarities between this song and, below, Lady Weeping etc. You will see I like poetic symbolism)
3. Ewan McGregor & Renée Zellweger: Here’s to Love (from the Down With Love OST. It is simply wonderful.)
4. Bryan Ferry: The Way You Look Tonight (another old-timey jazzy swing song)
5. David Bowie: Let’s Dance (which I own on the The Boat That Rocked OST) A feelgood song.
6. Easybeats: Friday on my Mind (same here)
7. John Fred & His Playboy Band: Judy in Disguise (and here as well)
8. Iggy Pop: Lust for Life
9. Carla Bruni: Lady Weeping at the Crossroads (been obsessed with this for a few days, but the obsession has faltered a bit)… may be of interest for some of my mutuals that this is pretty much the most Milathos-y song I ever encountered
10. The Puppini Sisters: Tu Vuo’ Fa L'Americano (I actually don’t know any Italian, so I don’t understand much of it. It is a nice uptempo swing song though!
11. George Harrison: Got My Mind Set On You (that’s the wishful thinking PhD topic song… I wish I HAD set my mind on a topic already!)
This list is actually a rather good represenation of my taste in music in general. The only thing missing are some great 80s pop songs.