sorry im so clueless but i have no idea whats going on in regards to palestine so if you're able to, could you explain it in simple terms please? or provide some info sources
i was hoping you’d be more specific but i’ll try to cover as much as i can
palestine was under the british mandate. as it was coming to an end, the un general assembly voted to partition plaestine. while palestinians made up two thirds of the population, they were allocated only 47% of their own land, with the remaining 53% to be allocated to zionist jewish settlers. palestinains obviously declined this “offer”. yet, what’s known as the partition plan was passed and soon israel would be created at the expense of palestinians.
this time period is known as the ‘nakba’, which is the arabic word for ‘catastrophe’, and it is used to refer to the events that led to the ethnic cleansing of palestinians and the destruction of palestinian communities. during the nakba, over 500 palestinian villages were ethnically cleansed, the majority of which through direct expulsion by zionist terrorist gangs that carried out terror campaigns of attacks and massacres against civilians. as a result, these villages were depopulated of its palestinian inhabitants but were soon repopulated by jewish settlers.
due to this, almost 800,000 palestinians found themselves stateless refugees. soon, and on this basis, the “state of israel" was formed and legislations were made to prevent these refugees from ever returning to their homes and their lands became state land and a law called the law of absentees declared their homes and possessions to become the property of jewish settlers.
the zionist movement is what brought about the so called state of israel. it is a jewish nationalist movement— a settler colonial ideology that led to the dispossession, displacement and ethnic cleansing of palestinians that continues to this day, as over 6 million palestinian refugees and their descendants live all over the world with no right to return to palestine.
the israeli occupation and ethnic cleansing of palestine continues; palestinains still face land and resources theft and jewish-only settlements (which are illegal under international law) are built on palestinian land almost everyday. the ethnic cleansing continues as well. not only that, but israel’s terror continues against palestinains with its use of lethal and disproportionate force against unarmed palestinains. racism, segregation and discrimination are rampant in israeli society and are key components of what makes israel the apartheid state that it is today.
contrary to what people think, the palestinian cause is not a complex one. it is a fight against colonialism and occupation.
here are more resources for you: