1. If you had an hour of free time with absolutely no interruptions, what would you do with it?
Probably write music.
2. What is one song that you associate with your childhood and why?
One of my uncles wrote a song called Family and my dad used to sing it to me and my siblings as a lullaby. That and Somewhere Over The Rainbow.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night?
Think, comtemplate things, write, etc. I’m always up to something.
4. What is your favorite sense and why?
I honestly couldn’t choose. I love them all for different reasons and I often think about how different my life would be if I lacked any one of them. This prevents me from taking them for granted too much.
5. What is one thing about yourself of which you are most proud?
My ability to write music. It’s one of the things that comes most naturally for me, but I’ve spent years working on my technical skills and song-writing ability. The fact that I no longer have to rely on inspiration to write, but can approach it from the perspective of a craftsman, work things out, and present a finished product gives me a great sense of accomplishment.
6. What/where is your favorite place to show new friends?
Places in nature with which I am very familiar and are dear to me. I generally go to those places alone, so if I bring you out somewhere you probably matter a lot to me.
7. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
Honestly, I don’t think I would. I don’t have a lot of broken relationships, but the ones I do have are broken for very specific reasons. I’ve learned from all of them and have become better for the experiences.
8. When do you find yourself singing, if ever?
Always. I’m constantly writing music in my head. So constantly, in fact, that it often distracts me from other things; e.g. classes, conversations, books, etc.
9. What is your favorite word (foreign or not)? Why?
Goddamn it. I’m an English major, so I love a lot of words for a lot of reasons, but I really like the word “thoroughly” because it has a very pleasant way of rolling of the tongue.
10. What is your least favorite word (foreign or not)? Why?
Probably “nice” when it’s being used to describe a particular object or setting. It’s such a bland word and there are so many, more desciptive words to choose from.
11. What have you learned today?
The static/snow on a T.V. set is caused in part of radiation originating from the Big Bang.
Alright. New questions:
1. Who do you think would win in a fist fight, Abraham Lincoln or Ben Franklin? Why?
2. Would you rather buy something or make it yourself?
3. What is your preferred medium of creative expression (that you use to express yourself)?
4. Woods or cities? Why?
5. If you could travel to any country for a month, where would you go and why?
6. What it your biggest personal goal for your future?
7. What do you wish you were doing right now? Why aren’t you doing it?
8. If you got in a bar fight, what fictional character would you want backing you up?
9. Are you ok with killing an animal to eat it? If not, how do you justify eating meat?
10. If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
11. Has a piece of music every moved you to tears? If so, which song(s) and why?
Hi, I really like how simple and classy you've made this blog! Would you consider putting the phonetic spelling in with the words and phrases? It would make it much more easy for us to learn pronunciation :)
Hey, thank you so much for the compliment! I would like to pronunciations in the description if I could figure out a way to do so without it looking cluttered. I’ll try to figure it out, but in the meantime, all the pronunciations tips can be found in this page :)