Tutorial: Lois Lane Inspired Look
To celebrate the opening weekend of Man of Steel out in theaters, what’s more fitting than doing a tutorial on the leading lady, Lois Lane? After doing a little investigating myself and studying movie stills, Lois’ makeup is super simple. After all, this is the Daily Planet’s star reporter - I can’t imagine the first thing she thinks of in the morning is how to paint her face. She uses a soft neutral palette that compliments her eyes, but is so easy that it takes minutes to apply.
- Apply an eye primer. Take a neutral cream and pat it in the inner corners, sweeping it towards the middle of the lid.
- Use a medium matte grey-purple to blend into the cream color from the middle of the eye to the outer corner. Apply on crease & lower lash line as well.
- With a darker purple, apply on outer V and crease. You may also use this color to line the upper lash line for more dimension and definition.
- Add cream shade as brow highlight.
- Apply your favorite mascara, a peachy pink blush and a pale pink gloss & you’re set! Now go out there and break a scandal!
Cosmetics used in this look:
Primer: Painterly (MAC)
Eyes: Les 4 Ombres in Kaska Beige (Chanel)
Face: Mineralize Skin Finish in Pink Power (MAC x Wonder Woman)
Lips: Sundress lipgloss (Chanel)