The episodes were quite different but I feel like 4x13 had great parallels to 3x07:
- Jay tried to reach out to Ellie in her room, asking her to tell him who hurt her, but she shut him out. Just like he tried to reach out to Ethan in interrogation the first time.
- The words he used to convince both of them were almost identical - “If you want to make sure that whatever is happening here stops…. I promise you that you can trust me” / “Tell me….and I swear to you I’m gonna do everything I can to make it right”. He comforted and supported both with a hand on their shoulder.
- The pain was evident on his face while he was listening to their recounts of what happened.
- He was asked to leave the interrogation room after lashing out at Tonya, and he wasn’t allowed in with the coach because he was about to explode.
- Erin comforted him stroking his back in both episodes.
-And the ending moments - Ellie sees a positive example in Erin and Jay’s relationship and thanks Jay for being the first person to really care and help. Ethan sees Jay as an example of surviving loss, and relaxes as Jay reassures him that it’s all over and his dad would be proud. Both Ellie and Ethan finally smile.
Jay has such a big heart and I absolutely love that the writers have chosen to have him bond with these kids, make him so passionate about cases like this. He’s not perfect by any means but he’s a great man and a great role model who showed both of them that there are good, kind people in the world after all.
Feel free to gif this ;)
Not a request but just like... imagine what an absolute wreck Reaper/Reyes would be if his dom decided to go so painfully slowly with him, taking their sweet time to work him to a quivering mess. Especially if they just praise him nonstop, tell him how //good// he is and how much they love him and how perfect he is. Blushing/overwhelmed Gabriel is my favorite I'm s o r r y