hi! uh so I kind of want to read some historical romances but I have NO idea where to start, so could you recommend me some of your favorites?
Well hello friend you made my day with this,
and you also made my romance co-blogger bestie @cammiemorgan happy with this because to say that Eri and I love historical romance would be an understatement but
ANYWAY, here’s a list (in no particular order because I don’t rate my faves it’s too hard) (links in bold):
1. Sarah MacLean
- Nine Rules to Break While Romancing a Rake (Love by Numbers #1) - this is my first MacLean book and I love it so much because Callie is so relatable I love her. also, the whole story is so much fun because Callie’s like fuck the society and starts masquerading as a man and do fun stuff like going to gentlemen’s clubs and fencing
- A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels #1) - old childhood friends, estranged for years, marriage of convenience……..or so Bourne thought because NOBODY decides for Lady Penelope Marbury. sexual tension is strong with this one (and angst).
- One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels #2) - I still haven’t read this one but it’s Eri’s favourite, and the preview chapter is fun so I’d probably love this one too by the time I get to it
2. Tessa Dare
- Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove #4) - hero duke with a meddling mother who’d love nothing but to see him settled down, issues a challenge: if ma manages to turn heroine barmaid into proper duchess material, he’d marry. MY FAVE. actually the whole series is one of my faves but THIS BOOK. MY BABY PAULINE TOO PRECIOUS FOR THIS WORLD, TOO PURE. ONLY WANTS TO OPEN A LIBRARY. also kinky sex. I just have to put it in there.
- A Week to be Wicked (Spindle Cove #2) - unapologetic rake. scientist heroine. dirty talk in mathematics.
- Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove #5) - AGE GAP. Charlotte is my fave because she’s so astute and clever and basically just amazing. also Piers is a secret agent. noiceeeee
- When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After #3) - oh MY GOOOOOD IMAGINE WRITING IMAGINARY LOVE LETTERS TO YOUR IMAGINARY LOVER WHO WAS AT WAR TO PUT YOUR MEDDLING FAMILY AT BAY WITH THE MARRIAGE TALK, KILL OFF SAID IMAGINARY LOVER, AND YEARS LATER HAVING HIM APPEARING ON YOUR DOORSTEP DEMANDING YOUR PROMISES I WOULD DI-
- Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After #1) - it’s been a while since I read this but I remember it being adorable and fluffy and it’s also the first Dare book that Eri finished so it’s something
3. Julia Quinn
- To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons #5) - I’m a sucker for relationships that started with letters. Also Sir Phillip is the embodiment of the #youtried meme.
- Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons #4) - I love Colin Bridgerton because his passion for food and traveling. also Penelope Featherington is precious and must be protected at all costs.
- Because of Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys #1) - prequel to the Bridgerton series. longtime childhood friends/nemeses/neighbours suddenly having not-so-nemeses-y feelings for each other. much fun. also the second book is coming out soon so GET ON THIS ONE
4. Lisa Kleypas
- Devil in Winter (Wallflowers #3) - The Wallflowers series is my first LK and I love them so much I’d still rec the whole series but THIS ONE IS MY ULTIMATE FAVOURITE (it needs all caps I’m not sorry). READ IT FOR SEBASTIAN ST VINCENT THE NOTORIOUS RAKE AND EVIE JENNER THE SHY WALLFLOWER WHO BROUGHT HIM TO HIS KNEES (in both ways)
- Love in the Afternoon (Hathaways #5) - now Eri and I love the Hathaways so much, but this one is Eri’s ultimate favourite. it’s one of my faves too, but my ultimate one would be Tempt Me at Twilight (Hathaways #3) because Harry Rutledge is a ruthless son of a banshee but Poppy Hathaway got him handled
- Devil in Spring (The Ravenels #3) - newly released. it’s about Sebastian and Evie’s son Gabriel, the new Lord St Vincent who’s got the best of both worlds: his father’s looks and his mother’s temperament, and basically just wonderful. and Pandora Ravenel is not your typical hist-rom heroine.
4. Courtney Milan
READ HER ENTIRE WORK. GO FOR IT. NO QUESTIONS-
but if you want some place to start then Unraveled (Turner #3) is my ultimate favourite, I say this very calmly. and I can’t pick my fav among the Brothers Sinister series because they’re all my children I love them equally-
we didn’t go overboard at all with this, did we, Eri