A video showing my art progression from 2002-2013. I tried to put them in order as much as possible.
Things to take away from this:
- Back up your shit (losing years of art is devastating)
- Hard brushes can really accelerate progress
- Improvement is a result of many things, one of which is persistence. It doesn’t matter if you think it’s crap, it is still a form of progress.
- Failure is a matter of perspective. Many of these I considered failures at the time, but now with a different set of eyes, can see their potential. So don’t throw anything away, you can use it later.
- Don’t wait for things like style or technique. Start drawing now. They will fall into place. What’s important is to sketch every day, even if it’s something brief.
- Lemon Jelly ‘79 (aka the Shouty Track) is a great song.
I’m considering making some video tutorials on digital painting for beginners. If this interests you, send me a note and tell me what you’d like to learn! Thanks.