My head does not stop thinking about Jay Gatsby and the similarities he has with Charioce in many ways.
I’ll be quick.
- They belonged to a poor family
- Both are men with a huge ambition.
- Their actions are recriminated, because one was dedicated to the issues of illegal marketing/dirty bussiness and the other has enslaved an entire race. All to get money and power.
- They changed their real names.
- They achieved a place and trust in society based on effort.
- Both are mysterious and little understood.
- A lot of things are said about them, but really nothing is said.
- Fall in love was not in their plans
They fell in love with women so differents.
- In love, their ambitions were affected*
- Big dreamers and even naive
- They both believe in an organic future (in different ways).
- Committed to their ideals. Their dreams.
The differences are few:
- Gatsby has a charming charisma, Charioce has a rough presence, his social skills are not good.
- Gatsby is innocent, someone incorruptible even among hypocrites and selfish; Charioce is a realistic dreamer, it does not matter to lose what makes him human to achieve his goal.
- Gatsby lost the way to the top of the world, only by an obsessive love, pure and impulsive love and dream. At the moment, Charioce seems to go through this love to continue on his way*, but now we don’t know much at this point.
But maybe it’s just me, feel free to correct me >:3