- Up-and-coming DJ Jasmine Infiniti wants the world to know what happened to her and her friends on Saturday.
- The 33-year-old trans woman of color had planned to spend Monday and Tuesday preparing for her first multi-country European tour.
- Instead, she’s spending her third and fourth day in Manhattan’s Bellevue Hospital preparing for reconstructive surgery to fix a broken jaw.
- New York Police and Infiniti say she and her younger transgender protégé, Florida rapper London Jade, 22, were brutally assaulted in Brooklyn’s Bushwick neighborhood around 1:45 a.m. on Saturday by a group of up to 10 suspected Hispanic men and women who were outside Bushwick Liquors, at 459 Bushwick Ave.
- No arrests have been made yet, but the incident is being investigated by the NYPD’s hate crime task force, a department spokesperson said. Read more (6/13/17)
Pssst. Why are you so beautiful? <3