Divination Enhancing Candle
I’ve been dressing candles for years now. This is one I just began when I felt that I was strong enough to handle the spirits in my home, but it has been nothing but helpful with my divination work more than anything else I have. You can snuff it out and relight it as needed to hold as much energy as you feel comfortable with– Plus, always nice to, yanno, not have a fire threat going for seven days!
The things you will need:
- A purple candle. I suggest a seven day, but a three day works just as well for a shorter time period.
- A mix of oils. I use quite a lot, but feel free to pick and choose the ones that call to you. I have a bit of a collection so I use all I have to heighten the strength. I used lavender, jasmine, rose, vanilla, house protection, spirit guide, frankincense, myrrh, cinnamon, patchouli, rosemary, sage and nag champa (just because I adore that smell.
- Silver pigment
- Saint Michael powder
- Black salt. I use volcanic but feel free to use your own home made that I see everyone using.
- Lavender seeds? Flowers? The not oil variety.
- And rose quartz chips. If you want. TBH I just like them.
🌟 Take a skewer and drive it down into the length of the candle in order to allow the oils and herbs to move down the entire body of wax. If you are using a candle not in it’s own glass holder, I recommend carving your intention into the wax.
🌟 Apply the oils, whichever one’s you have chosen. If you are using essential oils, only use a few drops then twirl the candle to let the oil move down the shafts you created.
🌟 Apply the powder, sandalwood, black salt and lavender pods. Smush em around if you want– I don’t. I think they’re perfect ~just as they are~.
🌟 Coat the top of your candle in silver pigment. Sprinkle on a few quartz chips or add a small piece of stone that makes your heart sing.
🌟 Trim the wick to about 1/3 of an inch. Again, let’s not start a fire beyond the one in the wax.
As you light the candle, envision the oil of the candle forming a protective surface of herbs and light building around you, so slick it doesn’t allow anything negative to touch you while you work. See the flame reflect into the silver pigment, fill void of glass with your energy. As you work, allow your energy to mesh with the space between the top of the candle and the hot wax, building a thick cloud of power that you and the spirits you allow can access.
When you finish your practice, do not blow the candle out. Instead, snuff the light. This will seal the energy you have supplied your candle in the smoke, meaning as soon as you light it again, you can continue to build on the work you were doing last time.
This candle only becomes more powerful the longer you use it. Always do your own protection when it comes to magic work. I don’t know where I would be without this recipe, so I hope to see some photos of your own soon! If you need help applying this to a chime or free standing candle, don’t be afraid to message me with any questions.