My Illustrated Life: day 300: “home game”-
Janie and I went to the Sabres vs. Blue Jackets game last Thursday. It was an excellent game (though I was a bit upset that Doug Allen didn’t sing the anthems) for a variety of reasons:
- It was Janie’s first NHL game ever and my first regular-season NHL game
- The Sabres scored early, and scored often.
- There were, I think, 2-3 fights where the gloves came off. Janie, who hasn’t been a hockey fan for most of her life, was a bit disturbed by this. I think my favourite thing I heard her say was “so basically they beat the shit out of each other, go to the time-out chair for five minutes and that’s that?” Yep… that’s hockey for ya. Gotta love it.
- Sitting in the 300s, you can see the crowd in front of the net get up and cheer when a goal is scored, and then watch the cheers make their way around the arena.
- Speaking of our seats, I’m convinced that there isn’t a bad seat in the entirety of the F'N Center. We were in 302 row 12, and could see the whole game perfectly.
- And to top it all off, Sabres win! For the first time at home this season, I’d like to add. Great night!