#Repost @janetmock (@get_repost)
This #justiceforeyricka video broke my heart last night yet I still was able to sleep in my bed safely and comfortably – something Eyricka King (Thompson) has not been able to do. Eyricka is a black trans woman who is currently incarcerated by New York State.
According to a letter she wrote (which took several attempts to get outside the correctional facility’s walls) she has been physically and sexually abused and placed in solitary confinement. This is cruel and unjust yet all too usual punishment and treatment of trans women of color.
YOU CAN HELP BY:
1. SHARING this video by @slaytv.
2. SAYING her name: #JusticeforEyricka
3. READING her letter from behind bars at @justiceforeyricka
4. CALLING the offices below to demand that Eyricka King (DIN: 16A4486) be moved to a facility where she can be in protective custody and not solitary confinement:
518-445-6176: Health Services Office in Albany (To report cases where a person is not being given appropriate medical attention)
518-457-3955 Jason Effman (Head of PREA in Albany)
518-457-2653 Office of Special Investigations
518-474-1010 Office of the Inspector General
5. SIGNING her petition on @changedotorg
#justiceforeyricka #girlslikeus #twoc #transisbeautiful (at New York, New York)