Top 10 favorite books and/or book series? (Also hi, I hope you’re having a lovely weekend!)
hey friend!! my weekend is fab how is yours!!!!
- Lord of the Rings. duh. DUH
- anything by my homegirl Jane Austen but Northanger Abbey is my favourite by a hair, followed by Pride and Prejudice
- i’ve probably read Watership Down by Richard Adams more than any other book, i just *clenches fist* frickin love those bunnies
- The Chronicles of Narnia was such a formative and beloved part of my childhood
- more recently i read A Torch Against the Night and An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir and i can’t wait for the third in the series!!
- Anne of Green Gables (and all the subsequent novels) by L.M. Montgomery, there are literally no words for how important the character is to me
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. no offense but i learned how to be a strong woman from Jo March
- The Giver by Lois Lowry is the first book I read in one long gulp and will always have a special place in my heart. tbh i’ve loved almost everything by her!!
- the Horatio Hornblower books by C.S. Forester remains a favourite historical fiction series
- The Scarlet Pimpernel series by Baroness Orczy has been a family staple for as long as i can remember, it’s one that ALL of us enjoy enormously which is rare!
tbh several of these have been favourites since childhood, but with the exception of #5 i’ve re-read all of them at least twice (most of them many more) as an adult. i’ve also read a ton of memoirs/autobiographies lately which almost ranked!!