* They are currently in the process of casting the roles of Clary, Jace, Simon, Alec, Isabelle, Jocelyn and Valentine. They are looking at all ethnicities, so depending on who they cast the characters may end up looking different from the books.
* Filming is set to begin in May in Vancouver.
* The show is an adaption. It’s not 100% by the book, but they’re pulling elements and the mythology and reworking it. It’s definitely different but most of the key/important points are retained.
* Characters are aged up by about 2-3 years
* Clary is attending the Brooklyn Academy Of Art.
* Simon is an accounting student.
* Simon gets a girlfriend. Her name is Maureen Adams. Yes that Maureen.
* The show is more modern than the books (for example Isabelle has an iPad that detects demons). Also Simon and Clary track each other using smartphone apps.
* Simon’s band has slightly different members than in the books. These includes Maureen (Simon’s girlfriend) with a pomeranian named Yeti and bass player named Eric.
* Clary and Simon are still fans of manga. In the pilot Dragon Ball is the first manga that Simon lent Clary. They apparently mention a few character names too. At one point Clary also mentions manga to the Shadowhunters when they talk about vampires to her.
* The Institute is seen in the pilot.
* Hodge, Church, Madam Dorothea, Luke and Magnus Bane don’t appear in the pilot, but they could appear in later episodes.
* The first episode covers up until Clary gets to the institute and discovers she’s not a mundane. The rest of the first season is book one (City of Bones).
* Jace kills a girl rather than a guy in the Pandemonium.
Aaaah I discovered this saga just a week ago (I know I’m late ! xD) with the movie “The Mortal Instruments - City of Bones” !! I’m sad that a TV show will replace the movies because I loved actors and I can’t imagine anybody else play these characters I started to read the first book and I imagine the actors from the movie xDD !!! I’m a big fan of the rune (tatoos) idea on the character’s skin, that’s particular, sexy and unique ! Jace is my favourite character. Based from Jamie Campbell Bower’s face. I don’t know if it looks like him because it was hard to draw him actually and I’m a little bit tired after 4 days of work on it. Maybe because I usually draw a lot of women and asian portraits. But I really think to make other fanarts of that saga !!
Corel Painter 2015 mostly + a little bit Photoshop CS6 4 days of works