D&D Homebrew Poisons
So, im working on a mini series for badassdanddpics and was wondering if you guys had any ideas. im calling the mini series “Bewildering Botany and Perilous Poisons” that will basically showcase magical plant homebrew that will aid adventures and villains alike. for the poison section of it, i put together some basic information from D&D about the rules as well as how they are applied and used against others as well as common symptoms from plants in the real world.
different poisons are applied to victims by
- smoke from being burned
common rules (for 5th edition D&D regarding poison)
- A weapon coated with poison will dry out in one minute.
- When you are poisoned, you will usually suffer from the poisoned condition.
- Poison can be bought or crafted using the downtime rules and a poisoner’s kit.
- Cures for poison include low level spells or anti-toxin.
- Truth Serum is listed under poisons, and is something I think could be useful in your campaign in many different ways.
- Poisoned: A poisoned creature has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks.
- each round until you make a saving throw.
Common symptoms of poisoning include nausea, vomiting, convulsions, liver failure, disables nerves, lowers blood pressure, and can stop the heart, muscle twitches, and sometimes paralysis, irritation of skin throat and mouth, swelling, burning pain, breathing difficulties and stomach upset. dilated pupils, sensitivity to light, blurred vision, tachycardia, loss of balance, staggering, headache, rash, flushing, dry mouth and throat, slurred speech, urinary retention, constipation, confusion, hallucinations, delirium, convulsions and photo-toxicity
underneath the “keep reading” i have included some actual plants that could help with creating realistic homebrew.