I’ve done a bunch for Ivar, why not do some for my other main man? Just some headcanon snippets of our favourite metal armed babe, in a world where all the Avengers are friends and live together happily (please, that’s all I want.
-He drinks his coffee with a ton of cream and sugar.
-He has a massive sweet tooth. Don’t leave a cake or cookies out around him, they’ll all be gone with seconds.
-He listens to music to unwind from a mission. Loud, angry, rock music to drown out the unpleasant memories missions bring up
-He is fascinated with bad reality television. Like he gets very involved with the drama of it all. Heaven forbid he has to miss an episode of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”.
- He swears a lot. “Fuck” is the new “son of a gun”.
- He prefers cats over dogs. He’s prone to picking up strays when he’s out and just bringing them home (they remind him of him; lost, lonely, afraid).
- He takes college courses to broaden his knowledge in this new century. He takes all sorts of classes; politics, world religion, science, languages, math (math is his best subject, always has been).
- As he opens up to the team, he becomes fond of small pranks. Just little things, like putting sugar in the salt shaker or hiding Sam’s clean clothes after laundry day. He likes the way it makes everyone laugh (and especially enjoys the disgruntled look on Sam’s face).
- He keeps a journal of his daily progress with his memories, his assimilation into the team, his feelings and his worries. He reads about the good days when he’s having a bad one
- He is very averse to touch at the start, but as his walls come down, it becomes something that grounds him daily. A firm handshake from Bruce, a pat on the shoulder from Steve, a “congrats we didn’t die” hug from Wanda. He begins to enjoy, and even crave, the small bits of physical affection
- He walks or takes his motorbike everywhere. The Subway makes him feels trapped. He is also not fond of elevators.
- Every year at Christmas, he goes to visit the graves of his parents and sister.
- He tries out all sorts of hobbies to help pass the time and keep his mind occupied. Surprisingly, it is knitting that sticks. It’s just very relaxing to him and the outcome of producing something is very satisfying. He gets quite good at it. Everyone teases him (Clint calls him “Granny Barnes), but they wear the hats and scarves and sweaters with a kind of soft pride.
- He’s extremely neat and tidy and very minimalist. He has the basics in his living quarters and that is it.
- He is very much a feminist. He remembers what it was like for women in the fourties, and he is said some things haven’t changed. He does not stand for any sexist bullshit against his female teammates.
- He likes the warm, summer sunshine best. It helps melt away the cold of winter that still clings to his heart
Probably do more of these, maybe even a Bucky fic, if I can get my writing muse to cooperate!
a guy deadass just told me i can’t wear superhero shirts bc i’m a girl. look, kyle, if me having thor’s face resting comfortably on my right tiddy frightens u then take ur problems to someone who cares pls. also left boob captain america thinks u suck.