Yes, these are real life Nazis, and NO, we aren’t going to defeat them with “love and tolerance”
OTHER LIES you will be hearing from Nazi sympathizers: 1. you should respect a Nazi’s freedom of speech (NO—nobody owes respect to racists or Nazis and hate speech that incites violence is not protected under the 1st Amendment) 2. you’re no better or “the same” as them for fighting back (WRONG—this false equivalence would make the side who believes in genocide and enslavement “just as bad” as the side trying not to be the victims of genocide and enslavement) 3. hate breeds hate (NO—injustice, oppression, racism and generations of systematic discrimination is what breeds hate) 4. “both sides” are at fault (WRONG—this is another false equivalency that treats the aggressor, James Alex Fields, as innocently as the victim, Heather Heyer) 5. “Burning the Confederate flag or destroying Confederate monuments are acts of violence, just as bad as violence against people” (NO—that’s asinine and you’re an idiot if you believe that false equivalence, property ≠ people) 6. it’s just a “difference of opinions” and everyone has a right to their opinions (NO—dehumanization, anti-Blackness, antisemitism, Islamophobia, ablism and trans/homophobia are not harmless opinions; they are tools for systems of oppression, and NO, you do not have to blindly give respect to Nazis who are seeking to destroy others for being their innate selves)
Many of these are obviously false equivalencies, but what they all have in common is they essentially tell you not to resist, and eternally turn the other cheek and “love” the people attacking or oppressing you
It’s like this: Nazis support genocide. They actively support racism and racial discrimination. They literally believe in a “master race”. Their end goal is to either destroy or subjugate all non-white people. Nazis and white supremacists are a cancer to humanity. If you discovered that you had cancer, you wouldn’t try to love or tolerate it or anything else—you would immediately begin doing everything in your power to eradicate it. There is no such thing as having an acceptable amount of cancer. Nazis and white supremacists need to be treated like the cancer they are
And please pay close attention to anyone who uses vague “both sides” language to avoid assigning blame to anyone, or worse, ask you to “try to understand” the Nazis’ side, as if the only two sides aren’t right vs. the side the Nazis are on: evil
There’s no denying that the murder of a child is every parent’s worst nightmare, but what if you’re then wrongly accused of that child’s murder? Well that very nightmare happened to James Joseph Richardson, who was wrongly convicted of the murder of seven of his children. On 25 October, 1967, Richardson left his seven children, ranging from two-years-old to eight-years-old in the care of his neighbour, Bessie Reece, as he and his wife, Annie Mae Richardson, went to work for the day. Progressively throughout the day, each child became violently ill. By the next morning, all of the children would be dead. An autopsy revealed that the children had been poisoned. An initial search of the Richardson apartment revealed no poison however the following day, a bag of parathion was discovered in the shed behind the apartment - it wasn’t there the previous day, it was noted. Despite the fact that Richardson was a doting father and that there was no reason for him to kill his children, he was arrested and charged with their murders. Cellmates of Richardson claimed that he had confessed to murdering his children and during a time when racial segregation was high, an all-white jury found this evidence enough to convict him, completely disregarding the fact that the children were fed by Reece, not Richardson. He was sentenced to death.
Richardson remained incarcerated for twenty years. Mark Lane, a well-known trial attorney, decided to take matters into his own hands and began to look into the case. It was revealed that Reece had been out on parole at the time of the murders. What for? She murdered her husband with poison. At the time Reece was living with caretakers as she was suffering from Alzheimer’s. She had confessed to the murder of the Richarson children 100+ times to these caretakers. It was also revealed that the cellmates of Richardson had lied about his confession in return for a lighter sentence. Richardson was eventually released in 1989 and filed a lawsuit for his wrongful incarceration, getting just $150,000. Eventually, in 2014, bill HB 227 was signed into law, meaning that wrongfully incarcerated inmates can be granted compensation for time served. It was estimated that Richardson could be awarded up to $1.3 million, however he hasn’t yet received that compensation.
Character: Remus Lupin Word Count: 924 Requested?: Yes/No Summary:The Marauders constantly tease Y/n about her crush on Remus. After months of denying it to them, Y/n finally cracks, admitting to it. A certain Mr Lupin overhears… Disclaimer: Gif isn’t mine, credit to whoever made it
Note: This is my very first Remus Lupin fic… I’m not sure how I feel about it, but I tried my best 💖x
+ + + + +
“Well hello there Mrs Moony,” Sirius greeted you as you walked into the common room that day. You turned to glare at him, “Will you stop calling me that?”
“I don’t think I can,” Sirius said with a cheeky grin. Rolling your eyes, you sat down on the couch besides James and sighed.
“You know Y/n, you should just admit that you fancy our dear wolfy friend, and we’d stop this. If you really think about it, it’s your fault we tease you,” James said with an innocent grin.
“I don’t fancy Remus, okay? I don’t know where you got the idea that I do, but-” You were interrupted.
“Maybe because you’re always staring at him.”
“And you blush every time he speaks.”
“And you stutter around him.”
“And you wrote it in your diary-”
“I don’t have a diary,” you said, confused. “Yes, but if you did, you’d have pages on just his hair,” Sirius replied, “Because we know how much you love his hair.”
A blush started to form on your face as you avoided eye contact with either of the boys. “Awww, look Pads, she’s blushing,” James cooed, his grin almost reaching his ears. “Come on, Y/n, we’ll stop this when you say that you love Moony,” Sirius said as he pushed a loose strand of hair out of his face, “All you have to do is say the words.”
“You guys are impossible,” you grumbled, “How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t like Remus in that way?”
“If it makes you feel any better, Moony has been in love with you since first year,” James said casually, lifting his feet to rest them across your lap. You almost choked on air, “W-What?”
“Yeah, he’s always going on about how perfect and amazing you are, and how he wishes he could be with you. It gets really annoying if I’m honest,” James said, yawning as though it was the most boring thing he had said in his life.
“H-He loves me?” You stuttered, your heart racing, “You’re lying. You’re just trying to make me admit that I love Remus!”
“So you do love him,” Sirius smirked, crowing his arms over his chest triumphantly.
“N-No! I didn’t say that!”
“Yes you did!”
“No I didn’t!”
“Prongs, help me out here, didn’t she just say she loved Moony?” Sirius whipped his head round to look at his best friend.
“He’s right, Y/n. You can’t go back on your word now,” James backed Sirius up, and Sirius nodded at him proudly.
“Can you two just leave me alone for once?” You complained with a frown.
“We will. Once you admit it,” James told you.
“Just admit it!” Sirius yelled loudly, throwing his hands up in the air in exasperation.
“Fine! I fancy Remus! Are you happy now?! Merlin, you’re both so bloody annoying!” You yelled out.
Sirius nudged James, and they both stood up, large grins on their faces that put you on edge.
“We knew it,” Sirius said smugly, his signature smirk still resting on his face. He then looked somewhere over your shoulder and his face lit up.
“Oh, hey there Moony!” Sirius said loudly, “We’re just leaving.”
You felt your heart stop and your face flooded red. Slowly turning around, you saw that Sirius, for once, was actually telling the truth, and Remus was stood in the doorway to the common room, his mouth fallen in a slack ‘o’ as he stared in your direction.
“P-Please tell me you didn’t hear any of that,” you whispered, your breathing shaky.
Remus took a step towards you slowly. You could see the shock on his face, and it made you anxious not knowing whether it was good-shock or bad-shock. “I.. um.. I heard it,” Remus said in disbelief, “D-Did you mean it, or did you just say it to make them be quiet?”
He could feel his own heart thumping in his chest, hoping against hope that you would say you meant it. His hands curled into fists in his jumper sleeves as he waited in anticipation for your answer.
“If I said I meant it, what would you do?” You asked quietly, trying to avoid looking into his chocolate brown eyes and instead playing with your fingers nervously.
You saw Remus’ face flush as he gulped. He took in your appearance: the way your face was flushed pink, how your hair fell perfectly against your cheeks, and how your eyes seemed to sparkle, even in the simple glow of the fire. He especially took note of how pink your lips were, and never before had the urge to kiss you been so strong. He finally replied, hypnotised by how beautiful you looked illuminated by the flames, “I’d do this.”
Before you could comprehend what was going on, his soft lips had crashed onto yours, taking you completely by surprise.
You felt all your emotions come to play at once as your arms wrapped around Remus’ neck, tugging softly at the loose tufts of hair, resulting in soft moans from his part. His hands gently ran down your frame, gently holding onto your hips as the pads of his thumbs rubbed circles over your shirt.
“I guess this is a good time to tell you that I fancy you too,” Remus mumbled against your lips, and you couldn’t help the smile that stretched across your face.
“Well aren’t you two just adorable,” a voice mused from behind the couch you were sat on.
Sorry I know that you are busy but how do you think about James and Lena dating?
Hey there! No need to apologize, I’m always happy to answer questions.
I actually spoke to a mutual about this earlier today, so I’m essentially just going to break down the same points I made with her.
First off, based on what we know, I don’t like it. And before people check my URL and bio and shell out the accusations, no it’s not because I’m all “🚨👏🚨👏🚨👏BUT SUPERCORP IS ENDGAME!!11!!! RIP!!! FIGHT ME!!!🚨👏🚨👏🚨👏” So miss me with that. No, I’m gonna be objective and critical about this, and also throw in my opinion. Keep in mind, that yes, some of these points are quite critical to James as a character in certain situations. But only because, realistically, these arguments all point to why a romance is probably not a good idea. -Deep breath-I hope they don’t do it and here is why:
James vs. Kara & Lena
1) Last season Kara and James spent a decent amount of time being at odds. Because of Guardian, because of him being childishly jealous that SG got more love and appreciation than Guardian, and because of the fact that James spent a healthy amount of time talking trash about Lena. He hadn’t even met her and that’s all he could do – judge her because of her name, condemn her to being just like her brother (”They grew up in the same house!”), and talk crap/whine. Now yes, this is how James is. Things are usually black and white with him – but that only furthers the point that throwing them into a relationship doesn’t make much sense.
2) When Kara made the valid point of saying all Lena has done is help, the incredulous look she got from James was very telling. Even when Kara showed that she trusted Lena in Luthors, James whined and made it about him, “I don’t understand why you keep defending her!”
Relevance? He literally tried to wedge himself between a strong, healthy, female friendship because of his hurt feelings, bruised ego, and prejudice. Who does that? Not impressed, James. Earlier, in that same episode, Kara set out and did everything she could to try and convince her friends and prove Lena’s innocence. But…
James puts himself in harms way in order to prove she’s guilty? Even after acknowledging that she was Kara’s friend. That isn’t something a hero or a friend does and was entirely out of spite. Again, not impressive, Mr. Olsen.
Cliche! Cliche!! Cliche!!!
3) So due to those two points alone, the idea of throwing them together (for what reason??) is a bit ridiculous. If you stand back and take a look at it, all it does is recycle a bit of the K*ramel romance pattern: Throwing your prejudice to the wind and turning it into romance. In general, there is nothing wrong with that sentiment, but again, it’s recycled and therefore tired in the SG universe. Doing it in back to back seasons is lazy. Forcing and rushing the romance, is equally so.
4) Again, for what reason would this romance happen? Other than the writers’ need to seemingly pair up every character with someone, anyone? The idea of James being so venomous and childish when it comes to Lena in S2, only for him to take a bullet for her in S3, which leads me to the speculation that the writers (due to their lack of creativity and innovation) will start out the romance this way, is once again, lazy and predictable. It turns James into a self-sacrificing love interest cliche and it turns Lena into the fawning damsel love interest – the “My hero!” cliche. It ‘dumbs them down.’
This, on top of the sentiment mentioned in point 3 just turns their whole romance (or at least the beginning of it) into a walking cliche. Because clearly we need more…😴🙄
5) James had very little development last season, despite the Guardian arc. A lot of people became pretty bored with him because of that or just ended up with a sour taste in their mouth because of how things changed from the point of him pressuring Kara to tell Lucy she’s Supergirl to the point of him being jealous because of Supergirl’s hero worship. Everyone has their own reasons for liking, loving, disliking, or just being indifferent to James. Nothing wrong with that. But the fact remains, his character was sadly underutilized in S2. So at this point, they need something (or apparently, someone) to make him more relevant again. The idea of using Lena to do this is kind of gross. Where am I getting that thought?
That first little spoiler kinda points that out. Because let’s face it… there is nothing “amazing” about him doing essentially the same stuff he was doing in S2 (being Guardian and being James at Cat Co). So that line of ‘teasing’ is a bit transparent. In order to develop him further and better, let’s try to make it more interesting than using a romantic subplot, shall we?
Lena Would Never…
6) OOC Lena, much? We already know Lena is feeling guilty for building the device that caused Mon-El to forcibly leave Earth, thus leave Kara. Thanks to Katie, we also know that Lena will be putting forth a strong effort to remedy this and keep their friendship going strong. So in what universe in attempting to do this, would Lena also think it’s a good idea to date Kara’s ex? The Lena we have so far wouldn’t do that at all.
Do It Better! 😡
7) Concurrently, let’s not turn Lena into a plot device to serve a male character’s desperate need for development, yeah? If they can’t find a way to bring Lena into the Super Friends other than her A) Being Kara’s best friend B) Doing everything she has done thus far, that’s a gross injustice to Lena as a character and kind of, for lack of better phrasing, shits on Kara too. Kara fought for Lena all of S2, and yet everyone still doubted her.
So to those saying that this is a good way to introduce Lena to the Super Friends, no. Think of this – the idea essentially being:
“Oh, Lena can’t be that bad. Look James is dating her! Kara must have been right!” Forget about her friendship with Kara, forget about her doing what she can to make National City better simply because she feels it’s her duty to do so, forget about her building rapport with Winn, forget about her saving the lives of thousands of aliens, forget about her taking a role in attempting to take down a terrorist organization (despite the fact that it is run by her mother), forget about her playing an incredibly strong role in pushing back the invasion. Forget all of that. Forget all of the good she did on her own. Let’s give her a chance because James is dating her all of a sudden. Bad. Bad. No. Stop.
In a Nutshell…
It’s wrong. Yet, the writers have not placed themselves above that kind of character injustice and complete lack of sensibility. So I wouldn’t be shocked, just disappointed if they prove me right (and I like being right most of the time!). I think it could be great for them to start off/remain as friends. Lena could definitely use more of those!
And yes, people can have changes of mind and heart, which is great. But there is a need for that before anything romantic happens. It shouldn’t be simultaneous. It’s bad writing. James needs to step off his high horse when it comes to Lena, and Lena needs to personally address her need for validation. But having James do a total 180 and using Lena to further his development while forcing Lena to continue to seek that validation and prove herself to the one person in the show that has shown her the harshest judgment, pushing them together in a short amount of time is something I really do not want to see.