@cosimocontessina: “You’re right, I’m 100% in the wrong.The truth is I’m the one that’s not tough enough to be in here. I mean, watching the woman I love unarmed, locked up with all these murderers… it’s just too much for me.”
“We moved in packs together bounded by our oldest brothers The night was ours for taking, rolling cigarettes and sneaking out We sung our songs of youth and promised that we’d never lose it.”
— Hippo Campus
Here are some of the highlights of Grimmy’s interview with Jake GyIIenhaal:
- Nick’s opening line was: “I can barely hear you through that beard. If you’re not watching, Jake has the same colour of hair, beard, eyebrows, and jumper, which is like talking to a haystack.”
- Then he went straight into the Valentine’s Day incident. At first, Jake tried to lie he had sent the flowers but they were rejected. But then said he just forgot, and he’s better at texting so he’ll just give Nick his number, so he can text him when he wants flowers, and then when Jake doesn’t text Nick back he will have some time to come up with another excuse before he comes on the show again.
- Then they bonded over not knowing how to carry their little dogs, doing it as if they were babies and not dogs. And Jake said if Nick’d sent him an email “Jake, I want to wrap you up like a baby” he might’ve responded
- Nick offered Jake to choose a song to play, but Jake said “I’m OK, thanks”
- They were talking about Ryan Reynolds and how he’s great and nice (cause Canadian) and Grimmy said Canadians have the hottest prime minister and that he emailed him on Valentine’s Day and he actually replied (cause Canadian) and now they’re dating
- Nick asked “Do you think you’re good?” Jake “There were moments when I thought ‘OK. That was good.” Nick “Did you do that in the mirror?”
- Then they were talking about lying and calling in sick, and Nick said that today he tried to do that and told Fiona he didn’t want to interview Jake Gyllenhaal but she’d told him to suck it up. Jake “Were you honestly or were you just bummed about the email?” Nick “Yeah, I was heartbroken, I’ve been in therapy for three months.”
one of my favourite little adventure time things is that finn and jake are allowed to be affectionate with each other, to display those softer emotions.
lotsa media has brothers (and boys/men in general) being aggressive to each other, always fighting and even if they get on, they act like they don’t? because media portrays showing emotions (particularly kind hearted ones, and even sadder ones (everything besides a limited spectrum of anger)) as being “un masculine”
but finn and jake are much more real. they show those softer sides, especially at moments when they would be shown as tough and brave and above all manly if this were any other show.
they hold hands when they’re scared, they tell each other they love each other in moments of great peril. god, that moment in “hall of egress” when finn decides he has to go it alone, and he kisses jake’s sleeping head. that is one of the sweetest, heartfelt moments in the whole series.