Tutorial: “How to” Story Links
So, I got an ask from @josiesimblr, and I just decided to do a tutorial-ish post, or whatever you wanna call this, in case anyone is having the same issue, or just wants to know how to use the hyperlink tool on tumblr for your sim stories. It’s really simple!
1. First, you will want to know where the link option is when you go to make a post. It is the little infinity looking symbol highlighted below. All you need to do to use it, is highlight the text or phrase of text that you want to make into a link. In this case we are just going to highlight the word “Beginning”.
2. Secondly, you will need to get your link! To do that, just find the post that you need via your dash (in our tutorial example, the beginning post, or first post of your story). To get the url, just go to the top right corner of your post and hover, you will get a little dog-ear and if you click it, it will open a new page in a new tab on your profile. That will give you the url for that particular post.
3. Copy the url from your newly opened post page.
4. Then paste the url into the hyperlink box on your new post.
5. So now you have made a link! Just repeat this same process for “Next” and “Previous”, finding the corresponding posts you need to make your links work chronologically. When people use your links, they should now be able to move fluidly through your story, from episode to episode, in the order you would like them to be viewed.
Formatting: I format mine as follows:
Next | Previous | Beginning
I use the strike-through font on “Next” when I make a new story post, to indicate that this is the most current addition to the story. Then, when I make a new post, I go back to the previous and update “Next” to reflect the newest episode. You can format yours however you’d like! I just do little slashes in between because I think it looks neater xD (I am not sure how to make this slash on an American keyboard, so if you’d like those, just google which key combo to make it on the keyboard of your native language :D).
I hope this is helpful? I’ve never made a tutorial before in my life LOL. I hope the pictures are useful xD if you have any more questions just message me, I’ll be happy to help if I sucked at explaining!