1 ) “One is never over-dressed or under-dressed with a Little Black Dress.” —Karl Lagerfeld
2) “Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory.” —Coco Chanel
3) “I firmly believe that with the right footwear one can rule the world.” —Bette Midler
4) “I loathe narcissism, but I approve of vanity.” —Diana Vreeland
5) “A woman’s dress should be a like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.” —Sophia Loren
6) “I like my money right where I can see it…hanging in my closet.” —Carrie Bradshaw
7) “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.” —Kate Moss
8) “I can’t concentrate in flats!” —Victoria Beckham
9) “I don’t do fashion. I am fashion.” —Coco Chanel
10) “Walk like you have three men walking behind you.” —Oscar de la Renta
11) “You can have anything you want in life if you dress for it.” —Edith Head
12) “Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life.” —Bill Cunningham
13) “When in doubt, wear red.” —Bill Blass
14) “I don’t design clothes. I design dreams.” —Ralph Lauren
15) “Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them.” —Marc Jacobs
16) “Fashions fade, style is eternal.” —Yves Saint Laurent
17) “Anyone can get dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their days off that are the most intriguing.” —Alexander Wang
18) “How can you live the high life if you do not wear the high heels?” —Sonia Rykiel
19) “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.” —Gianni Versace
20) “In difficult times, fashion is always outrageous.” —Elsa Schiaparelli
21) “You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet.” —Christian Dior
22) “Fashion is what you’re offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose.” —Lauren Hutton
23) “The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress.” —Hubert de Givenchy
24) “I know what women want. They want to be beautiful.” —Valentino Garavani
25) “A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.” —Coco Chanel
26) “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” —Harry Winston
27) “Luxury is the ease of a t-shirt in a very expensive dress.” ―Karl Lagerfeld
28) “And now, I’m just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time.” —Lady Gaga
29) “My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses.” —Audrey Hepburn
30) “A little bad taste is like a nice splash of paprika. We all need a splash of bad taste—it’s hearty, it’s healthy, it’s physical. I think we could use more of it. No taste is what I’m against.” —Diana Vreeland
31) “Elegance is elimination.” —Cristóbal Balenciaga
32) “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” —Rachel Zoe
33) “Men tell me that I’ve saved their marriages. It costs them a fortune in shoes, but it’s cheaper than a divorce. So I’m still useful, you see” —Manolo Blahnik
34) “What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language.” —Miuccia Prada
35) “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” —Coco Chanel
36) “Attitude is everything.” —Diane von Furstenberg
37) “We must never confuse elegance with snobbery.” —Yves Saint Laurent
38) “Playing dress-up begins at age five and never truly ends.” —Kate Spade
39) “Elegance is not standing out, but being remembered.” —Giorgio Armani
40) “Your dresses should be tight enough to show you’re a woman and loose enough to show you’re a lady.” —Edith Head
41) “The hardest thing in fashion is not to be known for a logo, but to be known for a silhouette.” —Giambattista Valli
43) “We have this saying, Christy and I. We don’t wake up for less than $10,000 a day.” —Linda Evangelista
44) “My look is a cocktail. I’m not as nicely turned out as the french, but I don’t care like the English.” —Jane Birkin
45) “More is more and less is a bore.” —Iris Apfel
46) “Clothes are like a good meal, a good movie, great pieces of music.” —Michael Kors
47) “I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity—all I hope for in my clothes. —Yves Saint Laurent
48) "Whoever said that money can’t buy happiness, simply didn’t know where to go shopping.” —Bo Derek
49) “Big girls need big diamonds.” —Elizabeth Taylor
50) “Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.” —Karl Lagerfeld
I really tried to write something during my depression. So I apologize for the shitty end and all mistakes you find in the story. Just enjoy it, please :3
“I bet you can scare Starrick
away with that grim face of yours, brother dearest”, you make your way
towards the door swinging around the screwdriver in your hand amused. Alexander just ignores your comment about his bad mood, while he keeps writing in his little book about a bunch of dots and dashes, which result in a message.
The smile on your lips widens immediately as you see who your visitor is. Of course, you let Henry Green and his two companions in. “Ah, blast'em!”, your brother mumbles under his breath not noticing anyone around him.
you call his name to get his full attention. “I have been intercepting
nothing but poppycock propaganda about Soothing Syrup and what not. No, I
swear to high heavens, if Starrick’s monopoly continues-”, he complains about the current situation.
We have guests”, softly you put a hand on his shoulder to make up the
harsh undertone in your voice. With raised eyebrows he looks at you then
focus his attention at Henry. “I beg your pardon, these are friends of
mine. Evie Frye and her brother, Jacob”, the Assassin can introduce his friends finally.
a bit embarrassed about his rude behaviour Alexander lays away his book
and pen to jump out of his chair. Swiftly he dances around his chair to stand right next to you,
“Um… Alexander Graham Bell.” A slight smile on his lips as he crosses
his hands behind his back, “And this is my lovely sister-”
Bell”, you tell the siblings your name yourself. “Linguists, inventors,
and technical experts”, Henry adds to your names. “Too much praise,
Henry, I’m almost blushing”, you make a dismissive gesture with the hand
which is still holding the screwdriver.
“Aleck, [Y/N], I have something of a favour to ask of you-”, Mr. Green continues to talk. “Can you fix this?”, Jacob takes a few steps closer. Well, the man is definitely not beating around the bushes. The Indian Assassin seems to suppress to roll his eyes, while Evie lives her annoyance with every fibre of her body.
a nice little toy you have there. Nothing easier than that”, but before
you can reach for the rope launcher, Aleck already has his hands on it.
Both of you know he is a bit handicapped due to his injured hand. And still it doesn’t stop him.
“Aleck”, your brother turns around pretending not to hear the warning undertone in your usually with sarcasm laced voice. “Hm… Looks like the casing is cracked”, Alexander looks around for the screwdriver in your hands. “Aleck…” Not caring at all about your protests he grabs a wrench instead. What a stubborn man you have to deal with.
brother gets creative with holding the rope launcher lacking a second
hand to use. “Oh, it comes apart”, this time you are a bit faster than
him taking a hold of the machine as it falls on the table. It wouldn’t take long to get rid of the problems, if you wouldn’t have another technical expert looking over your shoulder.
need to loosen-”, Aleck starts to give tips but you cut him off by
pointing the screwdriver at him, “I swear if you end this sentence, your
left hand won’t be your only injured body part.” He raises his arms in defence smiling, “Go on, sweet sister. I could have used one of these to fit my fuses on top of Big Ben.”
You can feel four pairs
of eyes on you. Especially Aleck’s, who would love to take care of the
launcher himself. But he knows you will make your warning true. “Aleck
and [Y/N] are installing a new telegraph line for our Free Press Association”, Henry explains for what you two need the fuses. “To combat the Starrick Telegraph Company”, your brother adds happily.
“If we can mend the fuses connecting independent lines from Big Ben, Starrick will be weakened”, he loves to talk about your projects, “Only, we are somewhat at a handicap.”
turn around toying a sassy smile on your lips, “We? I only see your
injured hand, brother. Here, I removed the mechanism so it may works
with your bracer. Easier to handle during a fight or whatever you are
doing in your free time.”
You hold out the launcher for one of the twins to grab. “We’ve got a feisty one here. I’ll put it to use immediately”, Jacob won’t let pass a chance like this. He turns around as Evie stops her brother right in time, “Jacob, wait. Mr. Bell, allow me to help you with your fuses.”