I was contemplating what Dirk said about Thor not being nearly as good-looking as people say and that can’t possibly be true so I forward two theories: Thor is not Dirk’s type (I suspect he prefers small losers with impossibly blue eyes and cute supportive police sheriffs) or Dirk was lying about not finding Thor attractive because he was salty about something, such as Thor not wanting to be his BFF.
literally the visuals of the damn film were great, A+++
- first of all THANK YOU TAIKA FOR DIRECTING THIS BEAUTY
- he literally added all of his little touches from Rachel House as Topaz from The Hunt for the Wilderpeople (there was an easter egg in the first trailer with reference to the movie through graffiti of the Skux Life) to Luke Hemsworth and Matt Damon impersonating Thor and Loki on stage
- THOR TALKING TO A DAMN SKELETON
- you’re probably wondering how i ended up like this cliche
- THANKS FOR BRINGING IN MY MAN KARL URBAN TO PLAY SKURGE who has a pretty decent character arc from replacing Heimdall to collecting knick knacks from the nine realms (machine guns named ‘Des’ and ‘Troy’, together they’re ‘Destroy’) and trying to impress ladies to temporarily becoming Hela’s Executioner although he hasn’t the heart to kill his own people to trying to be a stowaway (some would call this cowardly but wait) to deciding to fight for Asgard and giving his life as a result, he got his recognition
- Thor’s hammer antics, putting it in the dragon’s mouth and setting it on Loki’s chest like, “Stay!” and “OW OW OW” yeah that hammer is a real gem, pity Hela had to destroy it, makes sense that she would be able to do so since she wielded it before Thor was ever born when she and Odin had their fun rampaging the realms
- HELA IS THOR’S (and technically Loki’s) OLDER SISTER????????????? WHAT THE HELL????
- Loki as Odin was bloody hilarious, going “Oh shit” the moment his brother shows up (plus the giant statue of himself in gold, really??? a bit much???)
- LOKI LEAVING ODIN IN AN ELDERLY HOME HAH (the damn thing was being demolished like HELLO)
- Loki having to outdo Thor in some way aka FULL BLACK SUIT, SHIRT AND TIE FROM HEAD TO TOE while Thor is literally in jeans and a jacket (his face when Thor was asked for a selfie though, like how is that ever possible)
- THANKS FOR BRINGING IN BENEDICT TOO LIKE I NEEDED ME SOME STEPHEN STRANGE BEING SUPER EXTRA AND TELEPORTING(???) EVERYWHERE MAKING THOR WHOOZY (honestly i laughed so hard when Loki said he’d been falling for thirty minutes since Strange opened a portal for him to fall into and then reopned it much later, loved it)
- Thor disguising his hammer as a damn umbrella and it completely wrecking the New York Sanctum as it flies to him
- Sentimental bros when Odin passed on IN FRIGGING NORWAY
- The clouds and thunder mirroring Thor’s grief and anger and the sparks crackling like the perfect foreshadowing
- Thor being a dramatic dork with the most unnecessary costume change of the century, a lightning strike *rolls eyes to the moon and back*
- CATE BLANCETT IS SO HOT HOLY SHIT
- HER HAIR TURNS INTO HER HEADDRESS????? WHAAAAA?????
- HELA WHY YOU KILL MY WARRIORS THREE SOBS
- heimdall the fugitive, cue the mission impossible theme song (completely necessary i assure you)
- the amount of humour littered throughout the film is ridiculously fantastic so much so that i can’t possibly go through all of it but kudos to Drunk!Valkyrie, that is a mood i can totally agree with
- Loki and Thor arguing like a bunch of children good lord (CAN I JUST, THE GRANDMASTER SUBTLY FLIRTING WITH LOKI AND THOR JUST LOOKING COMPLETELY CONFUSED LIKE ????? GOLD!!!)
- “What’s the word we use for her that start’s with B?” “Trash.”
- Valkyrie sassing her way through the film, everywhere from speaking to Thor to Topaz and Loki like, what a boss
- Thor getting his hair cut by Stan Lee with a robotic arm (he’s so damn attached to his hair like woah)
- TAIKA VOICING KORG LIKE WHAT A PRECIOUS BEAN THAT GIANT STONE MONSTER IS I LOVE HIM ( he’s so precious “I tried to start a revolution but couldn’t print enough pamplets” + “We’re going to get out of here on that ship, want to join us?” + “I accidentally stepped on [Meek] on the Bridge and I felt so bad, I’ve been carrying him around all day” + Meek wakes up, “HEY EVERYONE MEEK’S ALIVE”) also the subtle explicit jokes did not go unnoticed ahem ahem -.-
- Loki’s projections being a recurring theme throughout the whole movie from the start where he visit’s Thor in the contender’s holding area, “to try and help him” and Thor keeps throwing stuff through him because his brother won’t even try to come and meet him face to face (Korg attacking supposed ‘ghost’ was also adorable), to when Loki is chained up in Valkyrie’s room and Thor throws something at him (it hits him in the head) to check if he’s really present, to when they try to escape and Thor figures out the trick because Loki’s inherent selfishness tips him off, and finally the ending when Lokis shows up after throwing Surtur’s crown into the fire, Thor not even daring to believe his brother is there in the room, “I would hug you if you were here,” and he tosses something at supposed projection only to have Loki catch it, “I’m here”, that was a tender scene between the brothers and I love Taika all the more for executing it as such (he could easily have had Tom miss the object and allowed it to hit him but he kept the moment an intimate one, bless him for that)
- the classic “HE’S A FRIEND FROM WORK” and Loki’s face when he saw the Hulk, “I NEED TO GET OFF THIS PLANET” *flashbacks to PUNY GOD*
- Thor’s lightning being triggered by Odin and the Hulk’s punches though, the lightning is so flipping amazing and it’s honestly really cool to watch?????
- Bruce was the Hulk for TWO YEARS????? and Nat is the one to trigger the switch back (also his and Thor’s little frienship squabble was pretty cute, not to mention the Quinjet recognising Thor as POINTBREAKBAHAHAHA)
- Bruce in Tony’s clothes (can i get a little SCIENCE BROS up in here)
- Valkyrie and Bruce being so damn oblivious
- “Loki turned into a snake and I liked snakes and then he changed back into himself and stabbed me with a knife WHEN WE WERE EIGHT” and Loki still has the guts to smile, devious little bastard
- “Let’s do ‘GET HELP’!” “No, that’s embarrasing” proceed to Thor literally TOSSING Loki at the guards
- “It’s a leisure ship, the Grandmaster uses it for his orgys” oh lord bless me
- I don’t have much to say about Heimdall or Hela to be very honest, because we were only briefly introduced to Hela and Heimdall was barely touched on except as a fugitive getting the Asgardians to evacuate. Hela was mostly just stipulated as the villain and sister goddess, though her ability to produce swords continuously is fantastic and nicely presented
- Valkyrie’s past was cleverly dealt with instead of having a cheesy heart to heart, with Loki showcasing his magic abilities to pluck the memory from her mind and see for himself what really happened that turned her into a drunken scavenger
- Thor wanting to be a Valkyrie growing up then realising they were all women
- Bruce has 7 PhDs, good to know (none of them are for flying alien spacecraft though, also good to know)
- LOKI IS ACTUALLY RELATIVELY GOOD IN THIS ONE (although he does halt by the Tesseract and we all can guess that he takes it since he has it in Infinity War)
- Taika handled the missing Gauntlet fantastically with Hela tipping the relic over in Odin’s vault, calling it a fake, which alludes to the real one being missing, really nice segway right there (she also hovers by the Tesseract and recognises it’s power)
- Thor losing an eye, Loki thinking his new eye patch suits him and Hela saying he looks like their ‘dad’
- VENTRESS AKA THE REALLY CUTE AND SCARY GIANT WOLF THAT HELA CALLS HER PET IS SO COOL but also undead so yeah ….
- Asgard is a people (and Thor being their king, decides to take them to earth…)
- Ragnarok having a completely different meaning by the end of the film
- “Let me rephrase, how do you think the people will react to you bringing ME back?” “They wouldn’t be very pleased.” and cue what supposedly looks like a giant ass ship from Thanos
- second post credits scene was mostly for the laughs
- NO SOUL STONE IN THIS ONE FOLKS
- things were just a tad rushed in this one but the graphics and fight sequences were gracefully done and i’m satisfied
Oh. My. God. Because the government revoked their Avengers priority, which makes them unable to fly their planes, the Avengers are forced to commandeer a passenger bus to take them to their fight. If something like this happens in one of the Infinity War movies I will lose my got damn mind.
Just a PSA for all my Dizzee Kipling and TGD fans: I sell Dizzee Kipling style jackets on my Etsy shop.
I am also about to sell Dizzee Kipling style dungarees and denim vests. If you’re interested please please drop me a message, the design on the back does not have to be the design you have, I love working with my customers to give them exactly what they want ! If you’re interested in a jacket or possibly interested in a vest or dungarees, let me know :)
guys lets be real if you wan’t to shit on tony you cANNOT use age of ultron as Source™ beCAUSE EVERYONE WAS SO OUT OF CHARACTER I MEAN
1) Steve “I Cant Afford Brooklyn” Rogers who once falsified government documents bc he wanted to serve that badly and clings to the past like its air and he’s asthmatic, as if the stubborn little fuck wouldn’t find a way to reclaim his home someway
2) Bruce and Natasha
3) Natasha’s biggest fear/regret/whatever is being infertile when it…wait seriously?….i really need to explain this one?
4) Steve “Language” Rogers who curses government officials left and right
5) Bruce thinking that creating Ultron in the same room as the Loki Scepter (which, in the first avengers film, manipulated him to Hulk Out and kill his friends) is a great idea
6) Bruce and Nat- wait I already said that right
7) Hawkeye has a family even though in the comics they explore the fact that he has trust issues or something like that i read a post somewhere but believe me hawkeye is too fucked up to settle down like that outta the blue
8) Thor…letting…people…lift…mew mew…as…if…its…a…joke….idk mAn but like??? He was basically gloating in that scene aaaand didn’t he grow up from Thor 1 where he was all macho man im the best and then hes all mature but now you give me a scene where he makes fun of his friends shoving the “youre not worthy” fact in their faces? Nuh-huh thats fckin loki in that red jacket i swear thor is too soft
9) Bruce and Natasha, a reminder
10) Maria Hill being all fckin vague when debriefing Steve of their enemies I am sorry but no….just no….“hes fast and shes weird” my ass that isn’t enough
11) The jewish twins volunteered to work with nazis
12) Bruce. And. Natasha
So, like, all the fucked up things that Tony did in age of ultron is basically an addition to joss whedon fucking up our characters, as always, read his wonder woman script
“I just think complexity in any character, for me whatever I’m watching, is the most thrilling kind of relatable thing. The thing about human beings is that they are constantly inconstant. We all have nobility in us, we all have moments of weakness, we all say things we don’t mean, we all do things we wish we hadn’t done and then there are days when we are amazing. We are the best version of ourselves.”
Loki sat in the living room, a
sharp contrast to the cheerful décor in his signature black, trying not to sigh
with boredom whilst Odin ripped into a hungover Thor yet again.
“I’ve had had it up to here with your
immaturity and your recklessness!” the old man shouted whilst his wife lingered
in the background, ready to step in if things went too far. “Do you have any
idea how many favours I had to call in just so that the police wouldn’t press
charges?! Do you honestly think you will get into any decent college with that sort
of drunken buffoonery on your record?!”
“I’m sorry, father. I wasn’t
“Exactly!” Odin roared. “You
weren’t thinking! You never think things through. You only care about having ‘fun’
in the moment, consequences be damned. Well, I have had enough! You are
grounded until you graduate!!”
“Odin…” Frigga chided quietly
before Thor had a chance to object.
“Fine,” Odin grumbled. “A month,
then. And after that you will have a strict curfew. Home by eight every
evening. No excuses.”
“Father! You can’t be serious!”
Thor whined, failing to know when to keep his mouth shut.
“Deadly serious,” Odin shot back.
“You will be home by eight. You will eat dinner, you will do your homework, and
you will go to bed at a reasonable hour.”
“And have no social life! If you
wanted me to become like Loki so badly why didn’t you just say so?” Thor
grumbled petulantly, sparing a glare at his brother sitting quietly at the
other end of the couch.
Frigga whispered in Odin’s ear
and Odin smirked.
“Very well,” Odin murmured before
turning back to address his son. “Your mother has thought of reasonable
compromise.” Thor perked up, shifting to the edge of his seat. “You can go to parties on the weekend… when your brother does.”
Warnings: ANGST, sad!Loki, angry!Loki?, basically just a lot of angst…sorrynotsorry
Summary: You had been in love with the God of Lies and Mischief since you could remember, standing by him through everything. When he was brought back by Thor to answer for his attempts to take over Midgard, you couldn’t take anymore. You left both him and Asgard, behind for a life on Midgard to heal your broken heart. Now you’re gone, he realizes he’s missing more than his best friend, and he needs to fix what he broke, starting with finding you.
A/N: So this is for @sanjariti‘s writing challenge (congratulations again on the milestone!) and my prompt was the song “Happier” by Ed Sheeran. I hope you enjoy it and any feedback is immensely appreciated.
Previously: He ground his teeth together, turning his head away from Thor.
“If you won’t help me, that’s fine. I can do this on my own. It would just be faster for all of us if you told me.”
As he moved towards the door, Thor reached for his arm, holding him still, his eyes searching Loki’s features for any hint of vulnerability.
“Tell me, brother, and I will help you.”
Loki snapped, ripping his hand out of Thor’s grasp, raising his voice in frustration. “Because I love her!”
His breath halted, the weight of his confession lifting off his chest, turning his face away from his brother. Letting his shoulders sag, slipping his walls back in place, he straightened his jacket and stared at his large doors, letting his mind wander to thoughts of you.