Me? I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they’re going to do something incredibly… stupid.
20 Behind-The-Scenes Facts About Pirates Of The Caribbean.
1. During the filming of On Stranger Tides, Johnny Depp spent over $60,000 out of his own pocket to buy waterproof jackets for 500 crew members to protect them from the cold, wet weather.
2. While filming in London in October 2010, Johnny Depp received a letter from a local 9-year old schoolgirl, telling him her classmates needed help to ‘mutiny’ against her teachers. He turned up with almost no warning at the school in full Sparrow outfit, but advised against mutiny.
3. In Curse Of The Black Pearl, Johnny Depp improvised many of his lines, including the notorious, “Bring me that horizon,” and Jack Sparrow’s catch phrase, “Savvy?"
4. Depp and Verbinski have a funny way of describing Jack running
away from danger. They both compared it to a “lizard running on water.” Looking
back at pirates of the caribbean, we can totally see where they’re coming from.
5. The cast and crew walked away from filming with tons of
“treasure.” When production wrapped, many of the people who worked on the film (including Johnny Depp) picked props out from the treasure cave to take home. According to Verbinski, not a single one of the cursed coins was left behind.
6. Geoffrey Rush was afraid that people wouldn’t notice him on screen when he and Keira Knightley were in the same scene. He came up with a solution, however. He thought that viewers watched films the same way they read books - from left to right - and thus, tried to be on the left side of the shot as much as possible so that people would notice him before they noticed Keira.
7. Robert De Niro was originally offered the role of Captain Jack Sparrow. However, he turned down the role because he thought that the film would do poorly in box offices.
8. Keira Knightley was only 17 years old when they started shooting the first Pirates Of The Caribbean. Because she was a minor, her mother had to accompany her to all of the shooting locations.
9. Johnny Depp’s character, Captain Jack, is portrayed as having gold teeth in the film. The gold teeth were actually Depp’s idea, but he predicted that executives would want fewer gold teeth than he wanted. So Depp told his dentist to implant extra gold teeth as a bargaining tool. After negotiations with the film executives, Sparrow’s final number of gold teeth in the film was what Depp had envisioned all along.
10. If you pay attention throughout The Curse Of The Black Pearl, there is a scab on Jack Sparrow’s chin that gradually gets bigger and bigger. Many thought that it was a mistake, but Depp revealed later that his was a prank he and his makeup artist had thought of together.
11. Clothing and smears of charcoal were used to conceal Johnny Depp’s numerous tattoos. The "Jack Sparrow” tattoo on his arm in the movie is a fake, but he actually got a real replica after finishing the film, in honor of his son Jack.
12. Originally, Johnny Depp wanted Jack Sparrow to have no nose and be afraid of silly things like pepper and the common cold. Disney rejected the idea.
13. Jack Sparrow is known for his outrageous face makeup, but he didn’t start with that look. While filming in a cave, excessive makeup was added to all of the characters so they wouldn’t looked washed out on film. When the crew realised how cool the makeup looked on Johnny Depp, they continued to use it on him for the rest of the movie.
14. The moment when Elizabeth kissed Jack Sparrow in Dead Man’s Chest was purposefully cut out of Orlando Bloom’s script so that the cameras could get a genuine, shocked reaction from him.
15. The fourth installation, On Stranger Tides, was the most expensive film ever made at the time, not adjusted for inflation. The budget ran to $300,000,000. That’s more than the budget of all three Lord Of The Rings films combined.
16. Johnny Depp based his performance on Keith Richards because he thought that pirates were just 18th century versions of rockstars.
17. The names of the three main characters are all related to birds: Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann, and William Turner, who was a famous ornithologist.
18. The scene where Orlando Bloom impersonates Johnny Depp’s performance was devised by Bloom who asked producer Jerry Bruckheimer if he could put it into the movie.
19. According to the screenwriters’ commentary on the DVD, Will Turner is actually the best swordsman in the film, Barbossa and Commodore Norrington are evenly matched, and Jack Sparrow is the worst.
20. During filming of On Stranger Tides in London a 'Jack Sparrow’ impersonator just walked onto the set. The guards did not think to ask for any ID as he looked so much like the character.
Honestly i am so baffled that these all were left out of the movie bc they show so much backstory and character depth??
-Will impulsively flipping a table
-Will accidentally knocking a decoration off the wall and attempting to hide it in a flower pot
- Undead pirates bein passionate about cake
- JACK SHOWING OFF REALLY PECULUAR SCARS TO ELIZABETH WHEN SHE ASKS IF THERE IS TRUTH TO THE STORIES ABOUT HIM
- Norrington showing one really adorable reaction
- WISHING THE BEST OF LUCK TO THEM BOTH AT THE END WITH A SMILE, NO GRUDGES
- “Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow. Has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it? I mean… The look is not THAT bad..”
- The two fuckall pirates trying and failing to peep on Elizabeth changing
So, this is part of an old animation exercise we had to do in class. It basically consisted of grabbing three shots of any piece of animation we liked (6 to 10 seconds) and basically breaking it down to the basics: highlight keyframes, character construction, action lines, arcs, timing charts, frame rate, etc. (Animation that was drawn “on ones” = “de a uno”, “on twos” = “de a dos”) And then we had to do an oral presentation about all that we had learned about it, the way it’s animated, and it’s relation to the context and the scene.
It was actually really fun and useful!! I recommend it for anyone who wants to try it!! I chose steven universe, the princess and the frog, and rise of the guardians.
So I was watching the 3rd trailer for POTC5 when I noticed this:
At first, I wasn’t sure why I focused on it. It’s just a ship in a bottle, right?
But then I really listened to the words being spoken throughout this small bit and I realised that Henry was asking where Jack’s ship and his crew were.
And then I remembered the ending of the fourth movie.
At the end of POTC4, we see Jack and Gibbs with a sack of ships in bottles, taken from the Queen Anne’s Revenge after the defeat of Blackbeard. And I distinctly remember the Black Pearl being in a bottle.
Guys. That small ship in the bottle Jack is looking at is the Black Pearl.
We’re gonna see how Jack gets his ship and his crew out of the bottle.
I can’t believe that they added that detail, but holy shit it’s gonna be interesting!