you’ve been to Russia? Holy shit! How, when, and what was it like???
2008, with the Princeton in Petersburg program (I took a year of Russian and was terrible). I can’t really tell you because I was hella depressed and rarely left my room except to go to school, but, like. Kind of how you’d expect? I went to the opera twice, which was nice; the Hérmitage was wonderful (and I think I went into parts that were closed, or at least there was no one else there); my two favorite memories are the display that just read “MEAT” and the corner store woman who didn’t believe that I didn’t have anything less than a 500-ruble bill and went into my wallet to prove it.
@lizowlet tagged me in this ages ago and I kept the tab open and just realized they’re good questions so:
1. Are you named after someone? Okay, so, like, I am super
not In Touch with my ~heritage~ but it is my understanding that you don’t name
people after people but you do use the first letter of their first name, so
like, my uncle Adam who died before I was born, I guess?
2. When was the last time you cried? Okay so I was listening
to this Civil War song, We are Coming Uncle Abram, and…
3. Do you like your handwriting? Yes. It’s ugly but it has a
certain spiky charm.
4. What is your favorite lunch meal? Statistically, peanut
butter and jelly + a fruit of some sort.
5. Do you have kids? naaa∞h
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with
you? Well, in this scenario, do I have the same personality? Because I would be
friends with a clone of myself with the same interests and general self, but I understand that I’m hard to
be friends with.
7. Do you use sarcasm? It’s not my favorite mode.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.
9. Would you bungee jump? Possibly? I’m not sure.
10. What is your favorite kind of cereal? Cornflakes with
too much sugar/honey nut cheerios.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I have 2
pairs of shoes with laces that I don’t wear very often and no.
12. Do you think you’re a strong person? Nah.
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Hagen Daaz chocolate or
chocolate peanut butter.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? Hair,
general facial structure.
15. What is the least favorite physical thing you like about
yourself? I mean, it’s a long list but the top of it is probably the way my
entire body hurts all the time
16. What color pants and shoes are you wearing now? Black,
17. What are you listening to right now? Bellini’s Il Pirata
18. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Okay, so,
one of my clearest memories is my dad getting me a 64-color Crayola set when we
were camping on an island and I loved the
color names and my favorite was
Purple Mountains’ Majesty.
19. Favourite smell? ROSE
20. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? My
21. Favorite sport to watch? none of them.
22. Hair color? V. dark brown.
23. Eye color? Light brown.
24. Do you wear contacts? I tried and failed miserably at
getting them in – couldn’t get my eyes open wide enough!
25. Favorite food to eat? Ice cream and chocolate mousse.
26. Scary movies or comedy? Neither. I find most movies boring.
27. Last movie you watched? The new King Kong. It was….I’m
amazed all right.
28. What color of shirt are you wearing? Maroon print.
29. Summer or winter? summer
30. Hugs or kisses? Both!
31. What book are you currently reading? Sisters of
32. Who do you miss right now? No one, because I’m cold and
33. What is on your mouse pad? don’t have one
34. What is the last TV program you watched? Last Week
35. What is the best sound? A stream in the distance after
you’ve been hiking all day.
36. Rolling stones or The Beatles? Neither.
37. What is the furthest you have ever travelled? Russia.
38. Do you have a special talent? I mean, several, but
nothing that’s super hidden or quirky, really. I read very fast.
Eu estou muito nervoso porque faz muito tempo que eu nem sequer piso em um palco de verdade… Será que eu vou errar a letra? Creio que não… Ah! Você está aqui por causa do show? Vai ser de graça então creio que os alunos da faculdade aqui perto vão gostar, você estuda lá? Eu estou falando muito, não consigo parar, então, você quer que eu cante alguma coisa em especial? Obrigado por ter vindo… Desculpa ficar pulando assim, é que eu estou muito nervoso.
how the fuck did a squirrel get in your cereal box?
campus was infested; I foolishly left my window open.
to elaborate: i was taking a nap, as one does on a lovely spring afternoon when you’re avoiding your homework. The window was open to let the air in. Suspended between sleep and waking as you are at the end of a nap, I hear a scratching sound. at first I ignore it as part of a dream. it keeps going. i get up, set my feet on the floor, and then a huge gray squirrel explodes out of my box of honey nut cheerios.