We’re thrilled to reveal the first of this year’s Webby Sessions taking place at Internet Week New York!
The Webby Sessions are a series of panels and discussions touching on the latest Internet trends and inspirations specially curated by us. Each day, we will bring you thought-provoking content and leaders representing the very best of the web.
The first Webby Session is taking place on Monday, May 20 at 11am and will feature the incredibly popular, engaging, uplifting, and Webby Winning photo blog Humans of New York.
Photographer Brandon Stanton will join Webby Executive Director, David-Michel Davies to discuss the Internet’s ability to foster altruism and build supportive community along with sharing the meteoric rise of his blog over the past couple of years.
We look forward to sharing ideas from some of our most inspiring Webby winners, judges, and friends.
Here at Internet Week, Elio Motors introduces what could be the new standard for American cars. Providing 84 miles to the gallon and boasting a $6800 price tag, the deal is almost too sweet. Made and manufactured in Shreveport, Louisiana, the company hopes to do their part in replenishing the American job market.
Every spring, the business and tech worlds come together for Internet Week, a week-long festival that celebrates technology’s impact on business and culture. For four years, Internet Week NY (IWNY) has opened a small number of slots in its schedule to let the public vote for what they want to see on the stage.
This year, YOU can help us ‘Make the Stage’ at IWNY! To vote, you’ll need to create an Internet Week account (don’t worry - it only takes a minute). We’ve submitted two presentations:
Move Over Marketers; Consumers are Driving Your Brand: Social media is undoubtedly the most direct way to influence an audience but brands are taking the backseat as consumers gain share-of-voice. Consumer authority on brand content is skyrocketing - particularly amongst millennials. Consumers are driving how, when and where content is shared online; they’re the marketers of today. What does this mean for brands? Our CEO, Mark Josephson, will discuss how brands can work behind the scenes to steer these next-generation brand ambassadors, leveraging the trust and spotlight consumers have already built on social media to drive marketing strategy.
Content is the Web’s New Currency: Knowing what your content does as soon as you put it out into the open web is like money in the bank. In this presentation, our CEO Mark Josephson will discuss how marketers can look at the open web as a nearly endless source of audience intelligence. How your content is received and what people do with it used to be an open question, but now the technology exists to collect information in real-time so marketing teams can attack opportunities, increase efficiency and engage directly with previously undiscovered audiences.
1) Highlights the growth of collaborative consumption - The dumplings will be overflowing and you may just succumb to Severe Dumpling Satisfaction Overdose. The name of the game on this tour is consumption.
2) You are seeing the benefits of social networking at work - What is more social that walking around Chinatown with red Solo cups, taking in all the sights, and stuffing one’s face full of dumplings in the company of other like-minded techie food enthusiasts? There will be much embarrassing Instagramming.
3) All the dumplings are made using 3D printers - Just kidding, but that would be kind of awesome is a nerdy sort of way. As for drone-controlled killer dumplings, I have no knowledge of that.
4) Dumpling are fun than grumpy cat memes and animated GIFs - This is a scientifically proven fact, so please do not dispute this claim with your so-called “facts”.
5) Our company name Dumplr took its inspiration from Tumblr - David said its all cool. A little known fact is that David was inspired to start Tumblr over a steaming plate of fried dumplings.
As a part of Internet Week New York, Johnny Velvet and the Moonbeams welcome producers of New York’s best online comedy content and will be discussing how they create material that people don’t just watch, but also share.
Panelists: From CollegeHumor Adam Conover, Paul Briganti
Morgan Evans The Untitled Webseries That Morgan Evans Is Doing
From PERIODS. Films Philip Quinaz, Giovanni P Autran, Charlie Porter
Jeremy Redleaf OddJobNation.com
Nate Williams Sweet Misery, Actualized, Planet Awesome