Hi there! I'm writing an essay on Supernatural for one of my classes and I was wondering if you are familiar with any critical essays about SPN -- reliable sources that can be used in a research paper. I've done hours of searching but I'm stuck with a whole bunch of fan-created writing. It would help me so much if you could kindly lend a hand! (could you answer this privately so it will appear in my inbox? THANKS SO MUCH! <3)
Man, I am so terribly sorry this took so long.
So I don’t really know any off the top of my head, but I did a little digging and I found a few.
- Use of folklore in Supernatural
- Essential Cult TV Reader chapter on Supernatural
- Renegotiating religious imaginations through transformations of “banal religion” in Supernatural
- Demon Hunters and Hegemony: Portrayal of Religion on the CW’s Supernatural
- “Hey, check it out, there’s actually fans”: (Dis)empowerment and (mis)representation of cult fandom in Supernatural
- “The epic love story of Sam and Dean”: Supernatural, queer readings, and the romance of incestuous fan fiction
- Monstrous melodrama: Expanding the scope of melodramatic identification to interpret negative fan responses to Supernatural
It seems like this Journal of Transformative Works and Cultures has a bunch. You might also want to try Google Scholar. Alternatively, if any of our followers knows of anything, let us know!