Can you give me some Valdangelo headcanons? I'm feeling pretty miserable and gross today, and those two goof balls make me happy
yeah im havin a Real Bad Day 2 anon so i got ur back. valdangelo also fills me with joy so this is self indulgent as hell, lets contemplate on a good ol’ domestic as hell relationship for these two
- Their apartment is modest but comfortable. They live in brooklyn, 1 hour from camp and a good subway ride from the Jacksons. 2 bedrooms, tho they both sleep in Nico’s room technically because Leo’s room is full of half finished projects and a few spare skeletons that Nico couldnt fit in his closet. Leo’s room is basically storage. They have a cactus, its doing OKAY at the moment but its life is tenuous at best. They have a small kitchen, and a smaller bathroom, which is usually full of scattered bandaids and medical supplies, when someone comes home injured or something explodes. They could probably afford somewhere better, what with Nico’s father and all, but theyre happy in the neighborhood, and their place is just big enough for them
- Hades pays a majority of their bills, a gift to his son as a thanks for “not being anything like his older brother, you know the one that killed a whole bunch of people and also tried to take over europe”. Thanks to that, they hardly ever have to worry about money, unless a monster breaks down the door or one of Leo’s inventions puts a whole in the ceiling again. which, to be fair, happens pretty often.
Neither of them care much about cleaning, but their appartment is surprisingly tidy most of the time. This is thanks to Piper and Hazel, who would literally kill them both if they chose to live in squaler as they are so inclined. of course, their appartment isnt perfect, a couple bones and machine parts laying around, their bookshelf is a mess of ancient tomes and how-to and diy books. but its Good Enough, its home and its perfect
- Theyre actually great friends with their neighbor, a very old hispanic woman and her cats, thanks to Leo who just loves to chat up everyone. Her name is Rosa and she keeps asking when theyre going to get married and if they want her to cook for them
- Leo does a majority of the cooking, because Nico is lazy and will live off fast food if the option presents itself. Leo actually isnt a huge fan of fast food, its pretty much all he ate when he was on the road, and he likes a good home cooked meal because it reminds him of simpler times with his mom. Nico helps in the kitchen of course, and by ‘helps’ i mean he sits on the counter and complains about how long it takes to make good rice.
- Neither Nico nor Leo got a proper education, what with being runaways and all. Nico doesn’t care much, he doesnt feel like he needs it, but Leo is more than a little self conscious about sounding stupid when he talks to his friends, most of whom went to school or were educated in some way. They spend a lot of time reading and studying together, Leo wants them to go to college in new rome together some day, after they get GEDs
- They could never keep a normal pet because neither of them are “good with organics”, so instead they have a resurrected dog that Nico just brought home one day without asking. Leo was really creeped out at first, because well, you can see its ribs and also all the rest of its bones. But 3 months later “Muerto” is a member of the family and neither of them could imagine life without the lil scamp. also sometimes he loses body parts in the apartment and it becomes a fun old game of “where the fuck is the dog’s leg”
- neither of them ever fucking sleep, so odds are if certain friends show up injured at their door at 4am, yeah theyre up and ready to help fight whatever monster is down the block at the moment.
- Nico still has to disappear for days at a time, which at first really terrified Leo. But now he always leaves notes explaining on the fridge. These notes range from actually telling Leo why he left and what he’s doing to vauge doodles of a large monster he probably intends to fight, or some weird artifact his father sent him to retrieve.
- They spend a lot of time away from home, Nico takes them on trips all over, because Leo has always wanted to see the world and Nico just likes seeing him smile. they only go away for a few days at a time tho, because even tho Muerto doesnt need to eat, the cactus Leo is desperately trying to keep alive in their living room will inevitably die if theyre gone for longer then about a week.