Beautiful Discoveries I Made Rewatching 2X02 “And the Broken Staff”
I’ve only seen this episode once really, when it premiered, maybe twice, because I never had a good copy of it. But my wifi was out tonight and so I plopped in my DVD and made some tea and watched. And I discovered that this episode definitely deserves a spot amongst my favorites and it has so many great little quirks. Some of these quirks I knew already, others not so much
Things I knew about already
- Eve and Flynn wanting to bang 24/7 good lord I forgot how much of a honeymoon stage they were in at the top of season 2 get off of each other for 2 seconds for the love of…
- Frankenstein’s creature on Tinder
- Hug it out for humanity
- Flynn using the curse of the Scottish play and me ecstatic to finally have a show that utilizes it while simultaneously panicking about Flynn saying M@cBeth on a stage.
- Eve and Flynn were both theatre kids. EVE AND FLYNN WERE BOTH THEATRE KIDS
- The tree of knowledge being all tiny and Flynn tricking Prospero into thinking it was the big gnarled one and Eve being subsequently very turned on by this string of events
Things I had forgotten/rediscovered
- Ok just the idea of what the fictionals are and why they are able to come into being. It happens when a story is read so often and loved so much that they gain power
- So basically what I’m saying here is Harry Potter and friends are out there in our world fight me
- ALICE IN WONDERLAND IS ONE OF JAKE’S FAVORITE BOOKS? THIS IS SO IMPORTANT TO ME FOR SOME REASON?
- AND IN THAT SAME SCENE, JACOB STONE, RAVENCLAW EXTRAORDINAIRE, USES THE STANDARD RAVENCLAW RIDDLE “WHY IS A RAVEN LIKE A WRITING DESK?” MY SON
- The tree of righteous indignation
- “Knowledge isn’t old or gnarled or knotted. It’s young…always growing. That’s the thing about knowledge. No matter how much you think you have, there’s always room to grow”
- Ok but really that’s gotta be one of my favorite quotes from the show now good lord it’s like the epitome of the mentality of the characters on this show and people like them. I never get to see people like this on TV and its so refreshing?! Holy shit?! WHY HAVE I BEEN BLESSED WITH THIS GIFT OF A SHOW?
- And last but not least
- BEFORE FLYNN LEAVES, AFTER HE AND EVE FIGHT, HE TELLS JENKINS TO MAKE SURE SHE TAKES CARE OF HERSELF
- THEY’RE SO IN LOVE I CRY
In conculsion: THIS EPISODE IS SUCH A GEM AND IS THE EPITOME OF EVERYTHING I LOVE ABOUT THIS SHOW HOW HAVE I IGNORED IT FOR SO LONG?