@caitthepiemaker and I have been talking about Bitty’s love for Thanksgiving and how y’all need to cool it with these ‘it’s practically Christmas’ posts because Y’ALL.
THANKSGIVING IS SO IMPORTANT.
like I get there’s the whole commercialism thing and maybe in other regions it’s being phased out? But in the South that’s not part of your Thanksgiving really?
it’s food and family and making recipes written down on index cards that get pulled out of the tin once a year
it’s telling stories about Thanksgivings Past even though you tell the same story every year.
“do you remember when the collard greens in the pressure cooker exploded and ended up on the ceiling?”
“Don’t let cousin Jo touch the biscuits. You remember the Baking Soda Fisasco of ‘09”
“Remember the time that woman promised to bring the turkey and turned it into a casserole– bless her heart– and you had to drive all the way to Athens to find a Walmart open and convince them to sell you just the turkey from their pre-cooked meals?”
((True stories from my fam))
So when Bitty goes to college he has planned for this from the very beginning. Freshman year was an improvised turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce and fetta cheese, but after he moves into the Haus there’s nothing to hold him back.
During one of my witchy hangouts, a friend taught me how to open a door to the spirit world. “Opening the Veil” is what they called it. Surprisingly, it wasn’t really that difficult for me–it involved creating a bridge to the spirit realm with my own energy and then opening a door to that bridge I created. Since then, I’ve been able to do it again in my room (with a proper circle, of course).
The first time was pretty cool, because you could definitely feel the shift in energy in the room and the presence of said spirits got much stronger.
I’m going to keep practicing it, because I think I have a knack for (possibly) veil manipulation (I am working with spirits, after all). I just gotta be careful and safe, because I don’t want some shit to come after me.
Spirits have been following me around all day. I don’t mind, except the feeling of being watched gets a little annoying after a while. I keep glancing behind my back (even while I’m typing this) because either my companions or some spirits that might have actually come through the door I opened (whoops) are watching me while I write this.
On the note of companions, it’s gotten much easier to communicate with them since then. My brain isn’t going all foggy when I try to understand them, and I can actually have some pretty solid conversations now (though there will always be that nagging in the back of my mind wondering–am I just making all this up?)
I’ll definitely be writing more about them, and about my weird spiritual experiences while I was in New Jersey (let me just say this–where I stayed had a loooot of history (and a lot of spirits)).
Making a moodboard for Frank currently and bc I love him so much I’m coming up with some headcannons:
1. Frank’s favorite song is Blue Skies by Ella Fitzgerald
2. He loves Motown music and Aretha Franklin (his grandma always had it playing when he was a child)
3. Before joining the Marines he was a huge activist who went to rallies all the time but has toned it down since then because being around lots of people can be overwhelming and it makes him nervous
4. He reaaaalllllyy loves watercolor paintings but trying to get the hang of it is so frustrating so he’s never put enough time into practicing it but he would love to try to get better one day when his hands stop shaking enough for him to paint again
5. Sometimes he takes aesthetic photos of dirty paint brushes on his phone that he will never show anyone but the sight of them just makes him really happy
6. He has a really good fashion sense - like REALLY GOOD
7. He wears lots of COLORS
8. He loves flowers - sunflowers are his favorite
9. Chloe bought him a bouquet of sunflowers after his first job interview
10. He also loves picking wild flowers that grow in the summer
11. His favorite painting is Untitled (Rooftop View) by Hughie Lee Smith
12. He loved “Moonlight”
13. He gets very emotional when he watches movies (most recently he cried a lil bit when he watched “Hidden Figures”)
14. His smile is SO BEAUTIFUL
15. He wears makeup his favorite thing is colorful eyeliner
16. Gaaaah there are more but this is already soooo long
so really, the only thing you can do is say “fuck it” and ignore the gossip (face it, thats what it is). just focus on trying to be a better you. dont bother with those who hate you. you’ll never be anything other than someone convenient for them to hate. trust me, its pointless. just be true to yourself. dont let yourself be silenced. its okay to think differently. its okay to speak your mind. its okay to learn and figure things out. its okay to be wrong sometimes. its okay to be you.
just keep learning and trying to better yourself. for you, and not for anyone else.
y'all I just want a cute boy to tell me I’m beautiful and kiss me everywhere. but now that I’m thinking about it I also want him to respect me, make me laugh and make me feel comfortable in uncomfortable situations. bby I know you’re out there but come into my life a lil bit faster ok???
There is a story that Avian mothers tell their children—there are women in the river and the sea, and they will drown you if you step too close.
The Mer, as the Avians call them, are wicked beings gifted their forms by the very first ocean storm, whose name is Yammu, when Atargatis unintentionally killed the shepherd boy she loved. So ashamed by her actions, she rowed into the eye of a thunderstorm and threw herself into the waves, and Yammu (who is the storm and the river and the sea) pitied her and gave her the form of a fish. But the ocean could not conceal her beauty and she took the form of a Mer—a fish below the waist, human above.
After her death, her son, who was named Oceanus, convinced his twin to feign godhood, and when they passed away their children took their place as Poseidon, Neptune, Triton, Amphitrite, Ino, Leucothea, and Clytie. It was from this worship that the Mer realized that they could obtain gifts through offerings and chants and songs to carry down to the Deep-Mer, who could summon storms and hurricanes, could muster a maelstroms from nothing but their emotions and their honey dipped voices. These gifts could be used to calm even the most vicious of Deep-Mer, so that the sea may be turned smooth once more.
Many of the gifts, these false gods would warn, never make it to the depths, and instead the Mer of the surface would smile and estimate how long it would take for the sea to calm. The humans would wait and watch in amazement when, two days later, the skies would clear and they could sail once again.
They are tricksters and thieves, the Avians sneer, beautiful murderers with gills over their neck and scales woven in their hair. The Mer are seducers born of the murk and seashells, their voices made of knives and when they sing, you can hear your deepest desire held gently in their soft melodies. Many ill fated sailors have been driven to the point of madness by their sweet musings.
But the Mer are of a deeper magic that even the oldest the Avians could not begin to comprehend. The Avians are of the sky, they could never understand what it is to stand on top the prow of a ship and watch as the skin goes a yellow as a bruise, the clouds clustering and spewing, lightning falling from the sky as the sea rises up to consume your ship with it’s frothing grey-green teeth. They could never understand what is to feel the beginnings of fear as the sea stands still for half a breath, it’s waters towering above the ship one is standing on, before swallowing you whole—and then to hear, in the distance, a soft voice that grows, grows, grows into a swelling of song that fills your ears as surely it fills the sky and seas.
It is divine, it is sublime, it is the kind of magic that old men whisper of, bent low over their tankards of beers, who have only heard and never seen, when they were much younger, from other old men bent low over their tankards of the terrible wild beauty of the Mer.
For the Ocean was born hungry and the Mer are its teeth, ready to rip and tear and devour you whole.
TWO HEADCANONS YOU HAVE FOR YOUR MUSE THAT YOU NEVER TOLD ANYONE :
Teddie often likes barging into the bathroom when Yosuke’s using it for hydrating reasons and starts excitedly talking about this or that. Most of the time, Yosuke can’t even bring himself to look that disgruntled. It’s bringing him out of his own head.
Yosuke and Naoto take the time to play MMOs and voice chat at least once a week, in the dead of the night. On nights when Naoto’s anxious or overthinking things, Yosuke will pull mobs or start joking around, just to hear the detective huff and start ranting about his sub-optimal play. It might get on Naoto’s nerves, but Yosuke’s figured out it’s a great distraction from their real problems— Something they both need.
THREE THINGS THAT YOUR MUSE LIKES DOING IN THEIR FREE TIME :
Lounging in the bath/shower/whatever water his grubby little hands can get to.
Playing games, both online and off. (MMORPGs, RPGs, and Fighting games are his favorites)
Checking out new places, some more dangerous than others…
SEVEN PEOPLE THAT YOUR MUSE LOVES/LIKES :
Souji Seta (Romantically)
Teddie (Brotherly Affection)
Naoto Shirogane (Close Friendship)
Chie Satonaka (Close Friendship/Playful Rivalry)
Kanji Tatsumi (Close Friendship)
Rise Kujikawa (Close Friendship)
Katsuragi (Texting Buddy and Normal Friend*TM*)
TWO THINGS YOUR MUSE REGRETS:
Almost throwing Namatame into the TV. He thinks back on that one regularly and just… realizes how close he was to going off the deep end.
Not living his carefree life prior to the investigation to the its fullest.
TWO FEARS YOUR MUSE HAS:
Large Bodies of Salt Water
People confirming what he thinks about himself: That he IS just a monster/animal driven solely by toadish and shadowlike instincts (And the fear that, one day, he’ll lose every ounce of his humanity and hurt someone.)
Okay so here’s a thing. I kinda hate tumblr. I really do. For an awful lot of reasons but this is going to be long enough so here are only a few of them:
1. Y’all are always preaching about how everyone should feel comfortable in their own skin no matter who they want to be and what they want to look like. Except you feel superior because your eyebrows or your hair or your winged eyeliner are on point. There are so many you vs me posts that put others down for the clothes they wear or the accuracy of their make up. Know what you are? Hypocrites.
2. I’m all for equaltiy and I think it is great that important matters such as racism and sexism etc are discussed and taken seriously on such a platform. However, it seems to me that unless you are a part of a minority group or underprivileged, you are not allowed an opinon. Like, I get that those who are affected most by those things have to speak up and need to be respected and listened to. But that doesn’t mean that someone who does not have to face these problems can’t have something important to say about it. Tumblr doesn’t value your opinion unless you are a poc or belong to the lgbtq+ community.
3. Can fandoms just get along? Why do people get hate for a bunch of tv shows they love? I mean it is pretty obvious which ones I’m talking about (*cough* superwholock *cough*). You cannot openly admit to be a fan of those three shows without getting hate for it. Which is stupid. Yeah, there are people in this fandom that are utter douchebags. But you will find douchebags in every single fandom. Don’t make assumptions on someone’s personality based on the tv shows they enjoy. It keeps people from enjoying their fandoms.
4.Problematic. I don’t know if it’s a meme or a trend that i missed or simply didn’t get but it pisses me off so much. There are so many posts that go something like ‘when your friend won’t realise their fav is problematic…’ Like I dunno, do you get that your fav is problematic? Do you get that you’re problematic? Cause we are all human beings and we are all problematic in one way or another. There’s no way any of us go through life without ever voicing an offensive opinion. And just because a celebrity once said something problematic doesn’t make them ‘human trash’, as many like to lable them.
(same goes for tv shows btw. I know some are very popular to hate and be called out but honeslty, pretty much everyshow lacks representation in some aspect but that doesn’t mean that the writers are ‘problematic’ or racist douchebags)
5. Tumblr made me a way angrier person. I get offended so easily because if there’s a funny situation or a joke or anything I would usually laugh about, thanks to this lovely website I can think of a hundred reasons why pretty much anything could be offensive or problematic, even if they are so freakin far fetched that noone would assume it is offensive at all.
I could probably go on forever. I mean, yeah, there are hilarious textposts and gifs and great fandoms on here. And I love that bit. But then there’s this other side that makes me want to visit tumblr less and less. Maybe that’s just me but it’s kind of taking the fun out of tumblr.